Small Questions v. 10097

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Could anyone who has the app please quote me the part on LG's LF's duel with Brandon Stark, regarding their ages?

Petyr Baelish entry:

When the date of Catelyn's wedding to Brandon Stark is announced, and seeing the woman he loves about to slip away forever, Littlefinger challenges Brandon for her hand - despite being little more than fifteen years of age while Brandon is already a man grown.

Brandon Stark entry:

When it was announced that he was soon to wed Catelyn Tully, her childhood friend Petyr Baelish - still a boy of fifteen years, and a small one at that - challenged Brandon for her hand in marriage.

I understand what you are saying and I agree that the Daynes are somewhat familiar with what went on at the ToJ and that Wylla might have been there but looking at the map makes it obvious that moving anything from Starfall could have only been a one time event and not used as a regular supplies route.

Idk, looking at the map I see that the Tower of Joy isn't all that far from the Torentine (or one of its tributaries). I don't know how easy transit is on the river (especially upriver), or just how accessible the river is from the Tower of Joy, but it's not implausible that access to the river could make it easier to access Starfall from the Tower of Joy.

Idk, looking at the map I see that the Tower of Joy isn't all that far from the Torentine (or one of its tributaries). I don't know how easy transit is on the river (especially upriver), or just how accessible the river is from the Tower of Joy, but it's not implausible that access to the river could make it easier to access Starfall from the Tower of Joy.

According to this map, you have to go upstream some 300 miles !!! and then cross two massive mountain ranges.

Petyr Baelish entry:

When the date of Catelyn's wedding to Brandon Stark is announced, and seeing the woman he loves about to slip away forever, Littlefinger challenges Brandon for her hand - despite being little more than fifteen years of age while Brandon is already a man grown.

Brandon Stark entry:

When it was announced that he was soon to wed Catelyn Tully, her childhood friend Petyr Baelish - still a boy of fifteen years, and a small one at that - challenged Brandon for her hand in marriage.

Thank you :)

Do we know how ser Byam Flint recieved his knighthood?

Any ideas why Robert wasn't knighted during his fostering in the Vale?

We don't know if he wasn't. Either way, when his parents died he became Lord, so, even if he had been, he was likely called Lord Robert, rather than Ser Robert.

We don't know if he wasn't. Either way, when his parents died he became Lord, so, even if he had been, he was likely called Lord Robert, rather than Ser Robert.

I would be shocked if Robert had not ben knighted by Lord Arryn or Lord Royce.

According to this map, you have to go upstream some 300 miles !!! and then cross two massive mountain ranges.

According to this map the Tower of Joy is southwest of its location on your map, in the Prince's Pass. Regardless of what the map says, we also don't know the specifics of the journey between the tower and the river. As for how long it would take to travel upstream, I do not know either, but I'm not sure it particularly matters. Travel times should often be taken with a grain of salt. Still, Starfall being a possible point for resupply does not mean the voyage need be a particularly quick one. Depending on what provisions were necessary, or if it were not necessarily provisions that would be necessary but certain personnel (like a midwife or a wetnurse), a trip that takes a week or two would be worthwhile for the purposes of discretion.

I do agree with you, however, that regular supply runs or regular contact between the Tower of Joy and Starfall is not exactly plausible. That said, I don't think most theories around the Tower of Joy involve there being regular contact with anywhere. The isolation of the tower certainly makes it far more plausible that they would hear about the outcome of the Battle of the Trident and the Sack of King's Landing at around the same time (that is, a messenger from Starfall is en route to the ToJ upon hearing of Rhaegar's fate on the Trident, but during the trip the messenger hears about the Sack, at some place like Blackmont)

Due to them being akin to magic or myth or legend I would confidently assume they have a longer lifespan.

Direwolves were a real thing. They're just extinct. Martin has said that his are larger than the actual creatures. So if he wanted they could live longer too.

I would be shocked if Robert had not ben knighted by Lord Arryn or Lord Royce.

The worldbook calls him a knight a few times in the rebellion section.

I was recently re-reading Jaime's first chapter when he remember his farewell with Rhaegar.

“Rhaegar had put his hand on Jaime’s shoulder. “When this battle’s done I mean to call a council. Changes will be made. I meant to do it long ago, but . . . well, it does no good to speak of roads not taken. We shall talk when I return.”

Any theories on what was the prince alluring to? Was it simply feeling sad for letting things go too far and not doing anything against his father or is it something more specific? Like regretting rejecting a concrete offer of support (e.g from Tywin) to depose the king?

I was recently re-reading Jaime's first chapter when he remember his farewell with Rhaegar.

Any theories on what was the prince alluring to? Was it simply feeling sad for letting things go too far and not doing anything against his father or is it something more specific? Like regretting rejecting a concrete offer of support (e.g from Tywin) to depose the king?

Maybe he planned to make rebels bend the knee and than organise Great Council to overthrow Aerys and crown himself.

Archived