Small Questions v. 10097

Rhaenys_Targaryen

I must have misunderstood. I thought you were talking about Jons dream at the beginning of Dance, Jon see's Mance's host in Clash or Storm. At the beginning of Dance he as ghost see's a weirwood tree that grows and semi transforms into Bran. Bran tells him he is not scared of the darkness anymore so it would seem like Bran is in the cave with BR when this happens.

Seriously follow the link...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/113297-some-questions-about-jon-and-brans-hookup-on-the-weirnet/

Bran is talking to Jon through a weirwood while Jon is having a wolfdream with Ghost. The passage is very trippy. The weirwood could not have actually been where Jon/Ghost saw it because they were above the tree line and we know from the Eyrie's godswood that weirwoods won't grow above the tre line. Jon/Ghost smelled wolf and tree and boy, that would be summer and the weirwood above the tree line (or possibly Bloodraven, who was one with a tree), and Bran, who at that time was hiding from Theon in the crypts at Winterfell, but unknown to the reader--the reader was led to believe Bran had been executed by Theon. And we learn later that Bloodraven opened Bran's third eye while he was done in those crypts. Jon/Ghost also smelled earth, stone, and death, a clear hint at Bran's hiding location.

Is there any evidence to show that Dickon Tarly is the son that Lord Randyll wanted? Or is he still too young to tell?

Would be interesting if Dickon was soft as well lol

Well Dickon was with his father when he was marching with Renly, and was able to walk around the camp without 'disgracing' his father, so I guess he's what Randyll wants (recall that he tells his father about the wager for Brienne's maidenhood. So, thankfully, he doesn't seem quite a Randyll Tarly IO, he has a compassionate side too, like most people)

Well Dickon was with his father when he was marching with Renly, and was able to walk around the camp without 'disgracing' his father, so I guess he's what Randyll wants (recall that he tells his father about the wager for Brienne's maidenhood. So, thankfully, he doesn't seem quite a Randyll Tarly IO, he has a compassionate side too, like most people)

I always saw it as Dickon being as disgusted by the shenanigans as Randyll, or thst Dickon feared the rspe of The Beauty would dishonor his father.

In tv show sansa tried to kill joffrey by pushing him over that bridge but the hound stopped her. Did this scene happened in books too?

Yes, but it's not clear that the hound realized what she was thinking and intentionally stopped her:

Sansa made herself smile, afraid that he would have Ser Meryn hit her again if she did not, but it was no good, the king still shook his head. “Wipe off the blood, you’re all messy.”

The outer parapet came up to her chin, but along the inner edge of the walk was nothing, nothing but a long plunge to the bailey seventy or eighty feet below. All it would take was a shove, she told herself. He was standing right there, right there, smirking at her with those fat wormlips. You could do it, she told herself. You could. Do it right now. It wouldn’t even matter if she went over with him. It wouldn’t matter at all.

“Here, girl.” Sandor Clegane knelt before her, between her and Joffrey. With a delicacy surprising in such a big man, he dabbed at the blood welling from her broken lip.

The moment was gone. Sansa lowered her eyes. “Thank you,” she said when he was done. She was a good girl, and always remembered her courtesies.

Why Wiki's article about House Rowan says:

"Cadet Branch - House Osgrey and House Webber"

Any source for this ↑ or just someone doesn't understand what is a cadet branch?

An error I think. There is Rowan blood in the Webbers (through Wendell and his Rowan wife, who would inherit after Rohanne married Gerold Lannister) but that doesn't make them a cadet branch. Likewise House Osgrey probably has Rowan blood, but not a cadet branch. Although since House Osgrey is likely extinct and no word on Webber, it is possible Rowan took charge of the houses.

When introducing Bronn to his father in Game, Tyrion says he has already changed allegiance twice, what were those two incidents? Betraying Catelyn for Tyrion and...? Thanks!

Catelyn for Tyrion for sure and possibly whoever Bronn was working for when they met at the Inn. So whoever to Catelyn.

Catelyn for Tyrion for sure and possibly whoever Bronn was working for when they met at the Inn. So whoever to Catelyn.

Makes sense. Thanks.

What was the religion of old Valyria? They had fire mages and stuff like that so could it have been R'Hllor?

Valyrians allowed free worship of gods. The nobility didn't seem religious, but Balerion etc, probably comes from a Valyrian god, or a random god warshipped in Valyria.

So, I'm working on Frequently Asked Small Questions ( FAsQ )

As far I have

Frequently Asked Small Questions ( FASQ )

1. About future novels.

How many Dunk and Egg stories were published?

Will D & E stories be published in one book?

When will next D & E story be published?

When will TWoW be published? ( answer with links to threads and GRRM's livejornual )

2. Westerosi customs.

What is "law of the first right" ?

What is "guest right" and why is it so important?

If knights are Andal custom, why there are knights in the North ( Old Gods ) and in the Iron Islands ( Drowned God )

Who can make a knight?

3. History:

Maegor Targaryen and Faith Millitant uprising.

Which Targaryens had stillborns or deformed children?

How big can dragon grow?

What happend at Hardhome?

What caused Doom of Valyria? Are there any theories?

3. ASOIAF

How can Dany be sick if Targaryens are immune to ilnesses?

Who is Jon's mother? ( theories )

If Jon is a secret Targaryen how can he have burned hand?

If Jon is a Targaryen why doesn't he have purple eyes and silver hair?

Could you tell me any other frequently asked questions?

So, I'm working on Frequently Asked Small Questions ( FAsQ )

As far I have

Frequently Asked Small Questions ( FASQ )

1. About future novels.

How many Dunk and Egg stories were published?

Will D & E stories be published in one book?

When will next D & E story be published?

When will TWoW be published? ( answer with links to threads and GRRM's livejornual )

2. Westerosi customs.

What is "law of the first right" ?

What is "guest right" and why is it so important?

If knights are Andal custom, why there are knights in the North ( Old Gods ) and in the Iron Islands ( Drowned God )

Who can make a knight?

3. History:

Maegor Targaryen and Faith Millitant uprising.

Which Targaryens had stillborns or deformed children?

How big can dragon grow?

What happend at Hardhome?

What caused Doom of Valyria? Are there any theories?

3. ASOIAF

How can Dany be sick if Targaryens are immune to ilnesses?

Who is Jon's mother? ( theories )

If Jon is a secret Targaryen how can he have burned hand?

If Jon is a Targaryen why doesn't he have purple eyes and silver hair?

Could you tell me any other frequently asked questions?

Is The Ice Dragon part of the asoiaf universe?

No, it is not.

Archived