Small Questions v. 10097

Rhaenys_Targaryen

That was my previous avatar. I changed it today to the black fox on an orange field. So it seems tapatalk has the tendency to use the previous avatar for quoted posts.

I think it's the board. It takes a while sometimes to change avatars when you change one, specially if it is heavy.

Yes, it should. My battle with autocorrect continues... :)

Good luck. It's like Jon standing alone against a constant onslaught of wights...

Simply switch it off and save yourself a year or so of your life fighting it...

...and us readers several years even! :)

I have noticed that Starfall is often suggested to be the logistical base for the Tower of Joy operations, i.e. food, supplies, information and staff were provided from there. When you look at the map, it makes no sense. ToJ is nowhere near the Dayne lands. Even places like Ashford, Highgarden or Yronwood are closer, not to mention that you'd have to cross several mountain ranges and go around several keeps and holdfasts when traveling from Starfall. There's no quick, secure or easy way between these two places so I wonder why is it such a popular notion in the R +L =J theories.

I have noticed that Starfall is often suggested to be the logistical base for the Tower of Joy operations, i.e. food, supplies, information and staff were provided from there. When you look at the map, it makes no sense. ToJ is nowhere near the Dayne lands. Even places like Ashford, Highgarden or Yronwood are closer, not to mention that you'd have to cross several mountain ranges and go around several keeps and holdfasts when traveling from Starfall. There's no quick, secure or easy way between these two places so I wonder why is it such a popular notion in the R +L =J theories.

Because Arthur Dayne was at ToJ, and Starfall was the home to his family. Closer by than Harrenhal (for House Whent), or the Hightower (for ser Gerold), Starfall would have been the place where Rhaegar could have gotten food and supplies etc. without anyone noticing.. He was in hiding, after all, and discovery would not be well for him.

Are there any known crannogmen in the Nights Watch? Or are they somehow 'exempt' from The Wall? I know it is considered an honour to serve in the watch to many Northerners, but do the bog devils see it that way too?

House Marsh may be a crannogmen house.... they have frogs in sigil.

As to why Starfall is associated with the tower of joy. Ned went there afterwards to return Dawn, and Edric Dayne of Starfall may be named after Ned, and is under the impression he shared a wet nurse with Jon. If they got the wet nurse from Starfall, than it is logical they got other things.

Because Arthur Dayne was at ToJ, and Starfall was the home to his family. Closer by than Harrenhal (for House Whent), or the Hightower (for ser Gerold), Starfall would have been the place where Rhaegar could have gotten food and supplies etc. without anyone noticing.. He was in hiding, after all, and discovery would not be well for him.

I understand what you are saying and I agree that the Daynes are somewhat familiar with what went on at the ToJ and that Wylla might have been there but looking at the map makes it obvious that moving anything from Starfall could have only been a one time event and not used as a regular supplies route.

Archived