Could the Faith split in two?

RedShirt47

With Aegon landing in the Storm Lands could Oldtown Septon in The High Church establishment support Aegon and break with the HS in King's Landing who isn't part of this establishment.
The HS and his mob have more or less broken away from the Faith as it is despite being the head of the established Faith of the Kingdom.

I imagine the Septons in Oldtown regard this fellow as a blight on their instituation. I doubt they regard having a militant rabble as a blessing either, even if this rabble is Faith led. They probably just want to continue with their comfortable lifestyle as the leading Septons of the land. Nor would they want the rabble rousing to spread beyond King's Landing especially not as far as Oldtown.
Aegon I was crowned in Oldtown. Could the Faith crown Aegon VI there also? All Aegon need promise them is that the Faith will be restore to its former state once Aegon takes King's Landing and he would appoint a more traditional High Septon.

The High Sparrow and his rabble will likely remain a supporter of Tommen / Cersei as they've been allowed to do as they will until now including re-arm.

How would the High Towers or Maesters figure into this?

There could absolutely be internal conflicts within the Faith but I see no reason, just like with splitting the Seven Kingdoms appart, that there are any significent group in the South who would want to break away from the Faith as opposed to have influence over the whole Faith.

I don't think septons dislike the high sparrow, after all he managed to start up the faith militant again. I think they're quite pleased. Also I don't think the high sparrow feels he owes anything to the lannisters, or any one for that matter.

I read somewhere on this other thread that the high sparrow will likely support aegon, as varys pointed out he knows what it's like to be hungry, poor and hunted.

The high sparrow would almost definitely think that this is what makes a king, rather than the likes of cersei and tommen.

Archived