Community: Age of Yahoo

SpaceChampion

That finale, was probably the finale that has affected me the most so far. Great episode, but damn it hurt.

It was a great way to end things and due to the show's meta set up was pretty much the only way they could go. But very bittersweet even down to the post episode "board game". I'm sure it was a very personal episode for Harmon and the cast.

I can see why Harmon wants to stop as after the finale they pretty much pointed out the other directions they could take and how in order for it to work we have to force characters to not have "real" and "fulfilling" lives. I never realised how much of Harmon might exist within the Winger character - the parallels between worrying about "growing up" hit me over the head thinking back.

The wedding episode was strange. Mainly because it felt like the creators of "sunny in Phillidelphia" were guest writer/directors. Sunny is neck and neck with Community for my favourite US sitcom of the last 5 years (Rick and Morty is off to a great start in challenging this) so it was interesting to see how that approach really doesn't work for community. I think it's because the snny cast are all horrible people and I accept that. I find it harder to view the community cast as horrible people though. They are flawed but none of them are bad. I mean the dungeons and dragons episode highlighted that - whereas if the SiP gang tried a similar thing they'd drive someone to suicide (which I'm pretty sure they've done).

Archived