Coldhand's Scarf Covers The...

Blazfemur

I think there's enough evidence that the Wights are not the WWs doing for the WWs are definitely not raising them.I'm of the belief that a Greenseer is responsible for the WWs and the Wights.

As for Cold Hands i think he is a player in his own right the Winter counterpart to BR.Check this out

The Shrouded Lord has ruled these mists since Garin’s day,” said Yandry. “Some say that he himself is Garin, risen from his watery grave.” “The dead do not rise,” insisted Haldon Halfmaester, “and no man lives a thousand years. Yes, there is a Shrouded Lord. There have been a score of them. When one dies another takes his place.“Aye, I’ve heard that too,” said Duck, “but there’s another tale I like better. The one that says he’s not like t’other stone men, that he started out as a statue till a grey woman came out of the fog and kissed him with lips as cold as ice.”....... The mortal form of greyscale began in the extremities, he knew: a tingling in a fingertip, a toenail turning black, a loss of feeling. As the numbness crept into the hand, or stole past the foot and up the leg, the flesh stiffened and grew cold and the victim’s skin took on a greyish hue, resembling stone.

In essence Coldhands fits this story to the tee "A wight who isn't like the other Wights"

IMO Cold hands isn't a thrall of BR,he's either the NK or the LH.

If we also look at Leaf's statement about "they killed him a long time ago" that statement from any other person might mean nothing,but this is comming from a creature that lives into the hundreds.A long time for them..is a long time.

Very interesting! I barely remember this passage. Let me contemplate on it while I consume my Jack & Coke and listen to the cadence of my snoring English Bulldog.

logistics im not worried about until after confirmation of identity. as a body he could have been carried back then reactivated, or thrown into the sea and drift over, we dont legit have enough story to even get into that. valid question, perhaps one day we will :)

i love that reference, you think the man known as coldhands may have had greyscale?

furthermore, let's say coldhands=tnk, that would make him an Other gone rogue, the concept?

I don't think CH's has Greyscale but there does seem to be some common themes between Wights and the Stone men in how they are created that being animated after dead.

Very interesting! I barely remember this passage. Let me contemplate on it while I consume my Jack & Coke and listen to the cadence of my snoring English Bulldog.

Haha

Archived