On the Sand Snakes

Westeros

I don't really care about lining up each Sand Snake's looks to her book description, as much as making sure they are varied with personalities and backgrounds like the book. I loved the fact that Obyren bedded a septa, a noble woman, a low born, a summer islander, etc, and each child was recognized and welcomed and brought up equally. I just hope to see varied skin and hair, and some ugly with the beautiful.

The show Sand Snakes were clearly cast so that they would look like Pedro Pascal's children. Which they do.

Yea, pretty much. Pedro's kids from different mums.

I never found the Sand Snakes were as important characters as Arianne when I read - but, seeing as the show has gone with the snakes and not princess Jasmine, I think it matters more if the girls have distinct personalities than how they look. From memory, one was a full on warrior type, one was a politician and one was a type of seductress/assassin thing.

As someone mentioned, they could be green, what does it matter? The whole black/white thing with humans is just daft - humans don't even come in black or white coloring, we are all different flesh tones, it's our personality's that make us distinct.

the only issue people had with the sand snakes were the nipples on their armor and even that was more of minor gripe than a full blown Internet Uproar

I've never understood the problem with the nipple on the armour. It's just a decoration like any other decoration on weapons and armour. None of them serve any purpose really.

Sometimes people want to find certain faults. Whatever.

What bothers me is the other look of the SS in this picture http://photos.vanityfair.com/2015/03/02/54f4b495ebd1a8c76489fafc_sand-snakes.png the two on the sides look too soft and the one in the middle looks like she has Popsicle up her bunghole but can't decide whether she likes or not.

I know, I know these are stills. I like the book SS and really do hope they handled them well.

• 4 weeks later...

Why are they not good?

Watch https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7BIxE1LWSEA

Note: Have not read the books

Obara is supposed to look very manly. She does.

Tyene is not blonde. Agreed. But I think, for a little sister Rosabell is PERFECT. She has mannerisms like a wild naughty little sister even when she is not acting.

The only person who looks too soft to me is Nymeria. But we haven't seen her action scene. So..

Why are they not good?

Tyene is not blonde. Agreed. But I think, for a little sister Rosabell is PERFECT. She has mannerisms like a wild naughty little sister even when she is not acting.

The only person who looks too soft to me is Nymeria. But we haven't seen her action scene. So..

OUCH, dude

Why are they not good?

But she's the hottest one! ;) I think they're fine. As long as they can act and they don't come out as caricatures then I'll be happy.

Sometimes siblings do not look much alike. I was reading an article just the other day about a set of fraternal twins whose parents were white and black. One of the twins is white with red hair and the other looks like a light skinned African American. They don't look like sisters much less twins.

Me and my brother. I have light brown hair and blue eyes, he has black hair and dark brown eyes. He's the only one in 5 siblings that looks like my mother. I refer to him as my dark brother.

So basically the show has gone - viewers liked and remember Pedro, so the best way to provide an emotional link to Dorne for viewers is via Pedro's daughters, not some king who viewer's haven't met yet. I guess it kind of makes sense, to simplify it from a viewer perspective but it will make it necessary to rewrite/rejig a lot of the Dornish plot.

Well, Doran is notoriously inactive (or so it would seem dun dun DUN) so I get why they wouldn't jump in with him first because the audience has to get frustrated with his "passive" demeanour in the face of the plight of his people. Best have the Sand Snakes express the wish for vengeance first and then give the viewers something they didn't ask for but will appreciate all the same.

Well, Ellaria takes over quite a bit from the book Sand Snakes, that's for sure. She is the one most adamant about taking apart the Lannisters, rather than being the voice of reason she is in the books.

I will say no more.

Indeed - no need for Sand Snakes or Arianne when Ellaria is on set :D

From now on I shall refer to them as Tres Serpientes, or La Colmillos de Oberyn. They are La Serpientes Sociedad. Strike now Tres Serpientes, and strike true for none shall withstand La Veneno Zorra. "Campeones, campeones, hobe, hobe, hobe"

Everything sounds better in Spanish maybe this will help there story. Fox force five, ha Tres Serpientes, La Veneno Zorra, see better already.

Archived