Can a riderless dragon come to Westeros?

Mithras

By now, it is clear that Dany's dragons are too big to be put into cages and carried back to Westeros on a ship. A rider can fly the dragon to Westeros but how about a riderless dragon? Will R or V listen to their mommy and follow her to Westeros?

If she was riding drogon they might follow where she's going, but I don't think they're too big, drogon was just big enough to carry daenerys and he's the biggest.

They will be even bigger and too dangerous to transport in ships because one belch of fire and the ship burns.

^ We don't know how far the dragons can fly without resting. We know Daemon and Rhaenyra use to race from KL out around Dragonstone and back, so they could for sure fly from stepstone to stepstone, but I don't think they could just fly out around Valyria going from Slavers Bay to Volantis with stoping to rest.

Edit: Actually, it also seems implied that a dragon can fly straight from Dragonstone to Storms end, and then with a pretty short rest fly straight back through a rough storm. So they can fly pretty far.

By now, it is clear that Dany's dragons are too big to be put into cages and carried back to Westeros on a ship. A rider can fly the dragon to Westeros but how about a riderless dragon? Will R or V listen to their mommy and follow her to Westeros?

In TRP, Laena Velaryon took a ship to Westeros while her dragon, Vhagar, flew with Daemon on Caraxes. I think it is likely Rhaegal and Viserion would fly with their mother to Westeros.

Archived