THE DESCENDANTS OF ARTOS STARK

In 'The World of Ice and Fire', Artos Stark had 2 sons Brandon and Benjen who seem to have went on and had children of their own. What houses do you think they might have married into?

Just a matter of interest because whatever houses they might have married into, wouldn't they have a claim to Winterfell and dominion over the North.

I don't think there is a house in the North that doesn't have Stark blood in them somewhere. Even if maybe a small house who control very little or even the Boltons have never married a Stark they must have married someone from a family who has at some point.

It's a dynasty that's gone on for thousands of years every house in the North must have Stark blood and probably a lot of the smallfolk too.

I don't think there is a house in the North that doesn't have Stark blood in them somewhere. Even if maybe a small house who control very little or even the Boltons have never married a Stark they must have married someone from a family who has at some point.

It's a dynasty that's gone on for thousands of years every house in the North must have Stark blood and probably a lot of the smallfolk too.

Everybody in Westeros and most in Essos have.

Just compare 8,000-year-old House Stark to 1,200-years-old Charlemagne: There is not a single living European not descending from him.

Males may have joined the NW. Artos' male line is clearly extinct during the main series. Any daughters may have married into other houses, if he had any. However, their descendants would come after Jocelyn's descendants from the Vale.

Everybody in Westeros and most in Essos have.

Just compare 8,000-year-old House Stark to 1,200-years-old Charlemagne: There is not a single living European not descending from him.

I don't believe that actually true it's more of a metaphor of how generationaly gene spread and family trees grow

I don't believe that actually true it's more of a metaphor of how generationaly gene spread and family trees grow

If you go back as far as a thousand years, essentially everyone who had offspring before then is related to everyone else. Some are more directly descended, but everyone really is descended from him along with a bunch of other people. All the US presidents but one were related for example, and almost all to King John.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of professors agree with me. That is a theory taken for granted inside the scientific community.

It's likely true but the more amazing stat is the number of descendants of Genghis Kahn from roughly turkey, Byzantine empire territory, to Japan. It's some ridiculous number over 90% give or take I don't remember the exact percentage. Khan put Wilt the stilt to shame. Truly the Aegon IV of his or any day.

Eight to eighty blind crippled or crazy!

It's likely true but the more amazing stat is the number of descendants of Genghis Kahn from roughly turkey, Byzantine empire territory, to Japan. It's some ridiculous number over 90% give or take I don't remember the exact percentage. Khan put Wilt the stilt to shame. Truly the Aegon IV of his or any day.

Eight to eighty blind crippled or crazy!

There's no way he had enough time to do all of the conquering he did and still be that common ancestor. I bet it was his stable boy...

Archived