R+L =J v.135

BearQueen87

I don't believe the first line, personally:

[The show bosses] know as much as George RR Martin knows. He hasn’t written the books, but he knows how he wants it to end. Well, I think he’s written one of them now. I don’t know when it comes out but I’d assume soon. All the details, they’re going to have to come up with them themselves. It’s going to be interesting because I think the show is going to finish before the last book comes out. There’ll be quite a big difference when it does.

After season 4, changes were made as to the names of characters that would not have occurred had they known everything that GRRM knows...

I don't believe the first line, personally:

After season 4, changes were made as to the names of characters that would not have occurred had they known everything that GRRM knows...

I don't keep up with all the show stuff but...what?

I think they want the public to think that GRRM has shared everything with D&D... I think they want the public to believe that the stories will have the same ending, but have rather strong doubts...

They've been told the big picture. Nikolaj though is saying that they don't know all the details that comprise these points as they won't have the source material so things will be very different. Which makes sense.

Like for instance, the ending might be that Jon, Bran, and Dany holding back the Others (I'm completely bullshitting off the top of my head). But if that's all D&D know, and have to create a show based off that idea, then it will likely be very different than what GRRM finally pens in 6-10 years. What if Bran sacrifices Jon and Dany and is then killed for murdering them in the books? All 3 then died trying to fight the Others, but it would be completely different than if the show portrays them as dying fighting them in battle. The ending therefore will be very different.

As to you saying things won't change drastically, why the hell not? Take a look at the synopsis and the AGOT which came out like 4 years later. They're completely different. If the show has to be finished by next year, but the books won't be out for many years, then things likely will change drastically. The show needs to finish. GRRM does not and can do whatever the hell he likes whether the show is done or not.

You know they got 5 books to work with and not a treatment, and Martin is a writer and advises for the show. Now it already is different, but they do seem to try to stay within the broad strokes and Martins own words have stated the show has cut to the chase.

"Don't write outlines; I hate outlines. I have a broad sense of where the story is going; I know the end, I know the end of the principal characters, and I know the major turning points and events from the books, the climaxes for each book, but I don't necessarily know each twist and turn along the way. That's something I discover in the course of writing and that's what makes writing enjoyable. I think if I outlined comprehensively and stuck to the outline the actual writing would be boring."

"I like the fact that David (Benioff) and Dan (Weiss) are doing a faithful adaptation so when the scenes are the scenes from the books, I like those. And I like almost all of the new scenes, not from the books, that David and Dan and the other writers have added. The only thing that I miss is the scenes that are left out, scenes from the books that are not included in the TV show that I wish they would have included. As I watch a show I'm always thinking, "Oh, this is coming next" and then that scene isn't there. But I understand the necessity for that. We have ten hours and that's always we have. You cannot put every line of dialogue, every incident, in the TV show. You have to cut to the chase. I do rather wish we had more than 10 hours. Not a lot more: 12 hours per season would be ideal. Many other HBO shows are 12 hours per season. If we had had those extra two hours, we could have included some of those small, character scenes that would have helped develop the characters more and flesh them out, develop their depth and contradiction and be a little more subtle. But we don't have 12 hours, we have ten. And given that I think the television show is extraordinary."

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1496

It's an interview and I really like Nick but I always go to the source when I want information about the source.

Sure there are differences but the author has told you what he thinks.

When will Winds be done? "When it's done!"

Whatever Nick thinks is great but there is a lot of assumption in there, I know with Martin what I am getting.

In season 4 one character was called the 'Night's King'... Then after the show aired, his name was changed to 'Lead White-Walker' or something like that...

It made me believe that D&D really don't know as much as they claim to know... Plus that whole story line was wildly divergent from the books...

In season 4 one character was called the 'Night's King'... Then after the show aired, his name was changed to 'Lead White-Walker' or something like that...

It's called "Oh, shit, someone leaked a spoiler that wasn't supposed to get out- quick, change it before more people notice." Has nothing at all to do with how much D&D may or may not know.

It made me believe that D&D really don't know as much as they claim to know... Plus that whole story line was wildly divergent from the books...

What, you don't believe that Martin and D&D have sat down and gone over the entire remainder of the story together? You know, like Martin CONFIRMED, as well as D&D?

Really, I think you need to come up with some better conspiracy theories.

That evidence was doctored, I have the orginal evidnece, and I know who shot first.

Han Solo really died and his spirit ended up in Chewy's body- who then became Darth Vader.

Archived