Sansa is Weak

Cavendish

Hey, it's me again with a controversial title. Just so you know, I just worded the title to get people's attention. My real topic/queston is...Why do people think Sansa is weak? <----Bolded/Italized/Underlined for those of you who will still be confused. :) She never gave off the impression that she was weak to me, especially in ACOK:

I just read her 2nd chapter (don't worry I won't be spoiled, I already knows what happens in the future). Anyways I wanted to say that it was said she talks neutral to Joffrey and gets a beating for it for no reason on the regular, and yet she is still very composed. What got me in the chapter was went she wanted to go to the Godswood.

She reminded me just like Arya, sneaky and aware. She reads the letter and tries to look at it at different angles, and ends up bolting out of her tower once she realized a riot or something is starting. She even took a knife and ran passed Joffrey and was willing to kill herself or Dontos if he took another step. I didn't think Sansa would be anyone to take a knife and be willing to kill herself or another person. She notes that there's a "wildness" in the godswood that Lady would have liked. So can anyone tell me why people think she is weak? I mean when I was reading her second ACOK chapter, it was like I was reading a second Arya, the girl wanted to leave, she saw an opportunity, and she meant business. There was a "wildness" I've never experienced in her POV before.

Sorry, but Sansa is weak. Unlike her other siblings she isn't driving the events around herself at all but seems to be caught up in the current helpless to do anything. There may not be much that she can do but really she hasn't even tried. She may become a strong character, possibly even the strongest, but she is very weak at present. Allowing herself to hate Cersie is a positive step and perhaps she will grow to hopefully betray LF. Remember the line from Braveheart "Now you know what it means to hate. Now you are ready to be a king." I think GRRM may have this in mind for Sansa but she hasn't shown much to date.

Oh boy/girl, hopefully Mladen doesn't skin you alive for that title. A piece of advice: Don't. It's bad form.

As to the topic, because Sansa is interested in stereotypically female activities. Especially early Sansa. Of course girly girls are weak. /sarcasm off.

What do you mean by bad form? Like not allowed? If so this will be the last time.

What's wrong with "Why do people think Sansa is weak?" as a title? The people who think so will tell you why (hopefully) and those who don't will do the same (hopefully).

It's generally better to just say what you mean, at any rate.

I don't think Sansa is weak, she shows immense internal fortitude to endure a very cruel captivity in Kings Landing. And I also don't think Arya is weak either, although I think she gets too much credit for being proactive or for "driving the events around herself". She has a lot of help along the way.

Of course she's weak!

Remember when Joffrey forced her to see her dad's chopped head? And what does she do? Ask for how long she has to keep staring. Pfff, what a wuss.

And then when Meryn Trant slaps the shit out of her she doesn't stand there just gaping like a brave person. No, she goes "You're no true knight, Ser Meryn". Can you believe that weakling?

And when she doesn't freak out with the rest of the women at Maegor's Holdfast during Blackwater, and instead tries to calm them like an absolute coward?

And how about that part when she turns into the punching bag of the Kingsguard and she still keeps on parroting her lies about loving Joffrey? Dear lord, so weak

Oh, and that bit when she has to make small talk with the people responsible of killing their brother and mother, with the murders still super fresh in her mind? Weak, weak, weak

Hey, it's me again with a controversial title. Just so you know, I just worded the title to get people's attention. My real topic/queston is...Why do people think Sansa is weak? <----Bolded/Italized/Underlined for those of you who will still be confused. :) She never gave off the impression that she was weak to me, especially in ACOK:

I just read her 2nd chapter (don't worry I won't be spoiled, I already knows what happens in the future). Anyways I wanted to say that it was said she talks neutral to Joffrey and gets a beating for it for no reason on the regular, and yet she is still very composed. What got me in the chapter was went she wanted to go to the Godswood.

She reminded me just like Arya, sneaky and aware. She reads the letter and tries to look at it at different angles, and ends up bolting out of her tower once she realized a riot or something is starting. She even took a knife and ran passed Joffrey and was willing to kill herself or Dontos if he took another step. I didn't think Sansa would be anyone to take a knife and be willing to kill herself or another person. She notes that there's a "wildness" in the godswood that Lady would have liked. So can anyone tell me why people think she is weak? I mean when I was reading her second ACOK chapter, it was like I was reading a second Arya, the girl wanted to leave, she saw an opportunity, and she meant business. There was a "wildness" I've never experienced in her POV before.

You've settled up a quite nasty honeypot trap, haven't you?

IMHO, Sansa is the strongest of the litter. If I was in her difficult situation, that IMHO is psychologically very heavy, I would have already committed suicide a long time ago.

Of course she's weak!

Remember when Joffrey forced her to see her dad's chopped head? And what does she do? Ask for how long she has to keep staring. Pfff, what a wuss.

And then that whole "I'm gonna push Joffrey off this wall so he'll splat and die even though I'll probably be killed myself too but whatever" monologue? Craven cowardice.

Of course she's weak!

And then when Meryn Trant slaps the shit out of her she doesn't stand there just gaping like a brave person. No, she goes "You're no true knight, Ser Meryn". Can you believe that weakling?

And when she doesn't freak out with the rest of the women at Maegor's Holdfast during Blackwater, and instead tries to calm them like an absolute coward?

And how about that part when she turns into the punching bag of the Kingsguard and she still keeps on parroting her lies about loving Joffrey? Dear lord, so weak

Oh, and that bit when she has to make small talk with the people responsible of killing their brother and mother, with the murders still super fresh in her mind? Weak, weak, weak

I like the way you write and agree 1000% She is a very strong person. I've said this before, her courtesies are her armor. She uses them very well. I would truly like to know how many of us posters would be able to look upon our father's dead head without freaking out? She was almost gang raped too and that would have sent many to a dark place they would not recover from quickly. Sansa's strength is more subtle than Arya's but it is still amazing. She is only a child of 13 and has endured an awful lot. I think her parents would be proud of her. She deserves the name of Stark.

Archived