A lot of hate for Melisandre?

Zebroid

I'm new to the forums, but I've been seeing a lot of hate on Melisandre, and particular dislike on the shadow killings of Renly and Cortnay Penrose. Am I the only one that actually liked the shadows killing Renly and Penrose, and didn't think them ludicrous? I thought they were pretty cool, and displayed the darker element to the game of thrones we hadn't seen yet. Opinions?

Well it's kind of two topics. She certainly deserves the hate for being an evil religious zealot bitch. As for her role being silly or ludicrous. A little bit? At least at first. When all this fire god reviving of dead people starts, she of course fits in better. She is still one of the characters that feel least convincing and more like clichè fantasy ot a common fairy tale.

All that said, I do want her dead.

I'm new to the forums, but I've been seeing a lot of hate on Melisandre, and particular dislike on the shadow killings of Renly and Cortnay Penrose. Am I the only one that actually liked the shadows killing Renly and Penrose, and didn't think them ludicrous? I thought they were pretty cool, and displayed the darker element to the game of thrones we hadn't seen yet. Opinions?

Welcome to the forum! ;)

Melisandre is mainly hated by those "groups" :

1. Renly's fans

2. People who are against magic

3. Davos' fans.

4. "King's men" - some fans of Stannis

Archived