What's really awesome today?

Arkhangel

If we can have an annoyance thread, we can have an awesomeness thread, right?

Two years ago I was in the position of having to give up my dog. I really, desperately didn't want to. I'd had her for seven years, since she was a wee little bundle of fluff. I've worked in animal shelters, I know how hard it can be for older dogs to find homes. Eventually I gave her up to a foster and rehoming organisation - I figured they had the networks and the screening processes in place to do a better job of finding the right home for her than I could. Later I was told she'd been adopted by a couple, but that was it.

I still think about her sometimes, and last week I sent a message to the foster org., just asking whether they'd heard anything about how she was doing. I didn't hear anything for a few days and just assumed I wasn't going to get any response. Then today I got the best email ever. The foster org. had gotten in touch with the new owners, who wrote me a lovely, detailed letter about how my, now their, dog is doing.

Guys, they are perfect. Like, if I had been granted the power to custom design a new family and home for my dog, they would have been it. They're retired, so they're home with her a lot; they have two other dogs of the same breed; they take the dogs to the lake and the beach all the time. She had so much fun when I used to take her to the river, I always thought she'd love the sea. I am so ridiculously thrilled about this. All these months I've been wondering and worrying, and her new life is amazing! I'm so happy! :D

So, what's awesome in your life today?

The sun is (momentarily) shining, I went to an excellent church service this a.m., just had eggs and toast with homemade blackberry jam, and am now going to go spend some time in the sunshine.

All is right with the world.

ETA- so happy your dog is going to a good home. My dog has been a godsend the last six months.

It's seventy six degrees in Medellin, Colombia, right now. The sun is shining, the sky is blue with a dash of cotton like clouds, there is a light breeze toying with all the green foliage.

It is a great day.

So glad your dog ended up with a lovely new home and family!!!

I requested a week off in June and it was approved, woop! Gonna go Amsterdam and then Berlin for a few days each with one of my best mates who I don'[t get to see very often. Very happy and excited about this.

Guys, they are perfect. Like, if I had been granted the power to custom design a new family and home for my dog, they would have been it. They're retired, so they're home with her a lot; they have two other dogs of the same breed; they take the dogs to the lake and the beach all the time. She had so much fun when I used to take her to the river, I always thought she'd love the sea. I am so ridiculously thrilled about this. All these months I've been wondering and worrying, and her new life is amazing! I'm so happy! :D

Great news!

It's actually warm in Pittsburgh, by which I mean 40 or so degrees. So not Cali warm but better than the last weeks.

Going to go to a Hindu temple, partly to appreciate the architecture and partly because explaining my myriad philosophical issues about reality and gods would be too much family drama to handle. More important for me is the Indian restaurant we'll be going to, which apparently is one of the best in the US (will get name).

Winter finally seemed to descend earlier this week, but now it's warm again!

I also might have an extension on a test I have to take for a class. The teacher is (again) being very slow at getting it up online, so we might get another week out of him from it. More time for studying!

It's a bit chilly, just on the edge of needing to turn on the heater. I didn't turn it on and it got cold in the house overnight. Waking up this morning was awesome. I love that feeling of being warm and snug under a pile of quilts while the room is practically freezing.

My brother and a good friend of mine left this morning to drive to Georgia to hike the Appalachian Trail. I'm applying for a sponsorshipnfrom a dog equipment manufacturer to finance hiking it with my dog. If I get it I'd be about a month behind them, but either way I.'m very excited for two of them. I'm making a point of staying in shape so I can at least join them for the 100 mile wilderness in Maine. If I make it to the final round of cuts for the dog sponsorship I'll likely beg all you fine people to vote for me and Darcy on Facebook.

If we can have an annoyance thread, we can have an awesomeness thread, right?

Two years ago I was in the position of having to give up my dog. I really, desperately didn't want to. I'd had her for seven years, since she was a wee little bundle of fluff. I've worked in animal shelters, I know how hard it can be for older dogs to find homes. Eventually I gave her up to a foster and rehoming organisation - I figured they had the networks and the screening processes in place to do a better job of finding the right home for her than I could. Later I was told she'd been adopted by a couple, but that was it.

I still think about her sometimes, and last week I sent a message to the foster org., just asking whether they'd heard anything about how she was doing. I didn't hear anything for a few days and just assumed I wasn't going to get any response. Then today I got the best email ever. The foster org. had gotten in touch with the new owners, who wrote me a lovely, detailed letter about how my, now their, dog is doing.

So, what's awesome in your life today?

I'm not crying, just got something in my eye. *sniff*

My brother and a good friend of mine left this morning to drive to Georgia to hike the Appalachian Trail. I'm applying for a sponsorshipnfrom a dog equipment manufacturer to finance hiking it with my dog. If I get it I'd be about a month behind them, but either way I.'m very excited for two of them. I'm making a point of staying in shape so I can at least join them for the 100 mile wilderness in Maine. If I make it to the final round of cuts for the dog sponsorship I'll likely beg all you fine people to vote for me and Darcy on Facebook.

This is so, so, awesome.

ETA: I will happily vote for you and Darcy.

That's awesome!!

Got a call from the mental health referral people and I've been given some books to read and I'm gonna start a course for helping with depression and I'm excited about that. Then I might join some CBT groups.

Archived