Newest trailer...GAH

I think they chose Dorne and not the IB for the later plotlines in the show. I jus read 'The Princess in the tower' chapter from AFFC and that made me think more that im right. were still gonna get some IB story this year from asha at least...I herd shes in it. maybe they chose to focus on dorne this year and in S6 there gonna have more IB stuff. who knows. but the creators said they sat down with GRRM and they went over the major story arcs for the characters and how the series would end,so I trust whatever there doin. they read and love the books and know wat to leave in for the overall plot of the series. maybe not to a tee but for the most part. like wat reason do they need to have to actually show the battle at the fist?? wat would us seein the battle do for the actual plot of the series?? nothing. that's why the show didn't spend money to make it.

The Ironborn are useful, plot wise, to bring down a peg or two any military that's way too powerful and likely to win (The North, the Tyrells, the slavers) and probably to give Dany a fleet.

In the show Dany already has a fleet, the slavers are as powerful as D&D want them to be and none insisted in how numerous the Tyrell host is (they don't even seem to have a navy!). So, plot wise, the Ironborn aren't needed any more. However, they show should deal with their disappearance from the plotlines.

The Ironborn were already established with the rebellion in season 1 and the islands & family in season 2. The groundwork was already there. A few more scenes in season 3 & 4 would have setup Vic and Euron. Not to mention Balon is still alive making Mel's leeches pointless.

The absence of the Griffs is another odd one since they are most likely tied up with Dorne.

I dont think Winterfell will be among the top-screentime of the season.

Speaking in terms of arcs, the top three of the season should be Wall, King's Landing, Meereen.

Just think, Tyrion will be in Essos as well.

So basically this is going to be a season that is set 80% in Essos.

As they said, the North will have a lot of screentime too... as the storylines are beginning to merge, the places where they are merging have to get more screentime than the others!

As soon as Brienne and Sansa get to Winterfell (yes, I'm sure Brienne will too) and Tyrion gets to Meereen, we'll "only" have 6 settings (the two I mentioned plus KL, Sunspear, Bravoos and the Wall) getting rid of all the "nowhere lands" where Jaime, Brienne, Arya, Bran have been lost since Season 2, which means D&D are starting to set things up for an ending (even more than Martin, in some cases)

With all the changes coming, I'm really interested to see how they write everything in and get it to work. I really like show Bronn, so I hope he doesn't die, and the Sansa in Winterfell is an interesting take on things.

For me the show is the show, and the books are the king of books. I enjoy one, and am in love with the other. Both are great things and I look forward to the season.

Exactly. Im no book puritist, but seeing as how the show is differentiating so massively from the books, and several fan favourites appear to be lined up for the chopping block, its no suprise people are pretty annoyed.

Whats annoying is the show is streamlining to make Dany the heroic savior, thus taking all the narrative impact from most of the other major stories (Cersei and KL, The Iron Islands, Jon/Stannis and the North, The Reach, Aegon/JonCon) away and leaving a single overriding narrative, which is honestly, for the most part pretty boring.

I'd rather see the queen maker play out than sit through those ten minuite readings of all of Danys titles, whilst cutting between awkward eye contact with all of her servants...

http://media.giphy.com/media/NnGGHE0muVqpO/giphy.gif

(Didn't read the whole thread, sorry if this was already mentioned.)

I obviously don't know the context in which Dany says she's going to break the wheel, but, if it ends up being exactly what it appears to be in the trailer, then someone better reply to her something along this line: "Sorry, Your Radiance, but what the fuck are you talking about?" Really, when were Starks or Tyrells, or even Lannisters to the best of her knowledge, ever on top? How can anyone, who's informed about the events in 7K from the opposite end of the world, speak about any kind of a wheel as a metaphor for dynastic changes? What dynastic changes? Even for people in Westeros the Baratheons are the ruling family ever since Targaryens were deposed. Not even Varys and Littlefinger would ever see wheels.

So, either the context is entirely different, or this is one more of the countless scenes in which dialogue written by D&D has no internal logic whatsoever but is meant only to tease the audience on some superficial level.

(Didn't read the whole thread, sorry if this was already mentioned.)

I obviously don't know the context in which Dany says she's going to break the wheel, but, if it ends up being exactly what it appears to be in the trailer, then someone better reply to her something along this line: "Sorry, Your Radiance, but what the fuck are you talking about?" Really, when were Starks or Tyrells, or even Lannisters to the best of her knowledge, ever on top? How can anyone, who's informed about the events in 7K from the opposite end of the world, speak about any kind of a wheel as a metaphor for dynastic changes? What dynastic changes? Even for people in Westeros the Baratheons are the ruling family ever since Targaryens were deposed. Not even Varys and Littlefinger would ever see wheels.

So, either the context is entirely different, or this is one more of the countless scenes in which dialogue written by D&D has no internal logic whatsoever but is meant only to tease the audience on some superficial level.

The Starks, Tyrells and Lannisters have been on top for a long time. They may not have been kings and queens, but they're still powerful and above everyone else. You don't have to be president to be one of the elite.

The Starks were definitely on top before the war. Renly says something like the friendship between the Starks and the Baratheons kept the rest of the others in line.

Really, did you get upset when she blamed Ned Stark for what happened to her? Did you criticise the internal logic of GRRM?

Archived