Newest trailer...GAH

I strongly doubt Sansa marries Ramsay. We see him kissing another girl in the neck (at least I think it's anothing girl?). It also wouldn't make any sense for the Lannister-backed Bolton regime to openly marry someone who is wanted by the IT. If she goes to Winterfell, I'd wager it's in secret. Also an interesting turn of events, wonder how they will handle it. I assume Sansa will be hopeful to see her sister again, only for the hope to be crushed.

Also, it seems like both Bronn and Jaime are fighting Dornish in Dorne. Which means, I presume, that at least some parts of the Sand Snakes/Dorkstar stirring up trouble under Doran's nose carries over from the books.

Also also, I have a feeling the High Sparrow is going to be a highlight of this season.

Also also also, Jon Snow rescue mission at Hardhome? I have a feeling this could either be great or crash and burn.

Then again, I have this feeling with the whole season. Either they are going to make it work, or it will fail fairly spectacularily, since it will consist of more original material than ever.

Do you think Dany's arc will end this year with her flying off on Drogon?

Not sure, I would hope, I would even like the walk but the show cuts out a lot of things. What has me really curious from this trailer is not weather Dany rides Drogon, I know he will be at the pit there are photos of the giant green screen and flame throwers. But what has me curious is the Sand Snakes who have not appeared much in the books. Because if Quin is out which he is, then I think while they may start out in Dorne, the three may just replace Quin, because that rushed walk they are doing in the tunnel has me wondering exactly where are they going. Given the show has begun to use more and more symbolism from the books, three female Warriors makes some sense. Not sure if it is right, but they need to do something. Could be KL as well. But that arc seems all about the Cerssei, the Tyrells and Sparrows.

So just a guess but I think the Sandsnakes are headed to Meereen in replacment of Quin. Not a whole lot of Bad assing to do in Dorne right now, and you have at least Jaime, Doran, Bronn, Hotah, Myrcella, Ellaria, and Trystane already. I guess they can stay in Dorne and plot. They could run the Myrcella plot, or try to kill her all season or try to kill Jaime all season. Not sure what Dorne will do this year, kind of hard to make it work with Jaime there. I hope they don't pull a Tryst is Aegon and Jaime becomes JonCon, that would be weird. I can see them doing it, because it needs a plot or their is no reason for Dorne. Then maybe send the Snakes to get Dany because her Nephew needs her help. This could actually happen and almost make sense.

I strongly doubt Sansa marries Ramsay. We see him kissing another girl in the neck (at least I think it's anothing girl?). It also wouldn't make any sense for the Lannister-backed Bolton regime to openly marry someone who is wanted by the IT. If she goes to Winterfell, I'd wager it's in secret. Also an interesting turn of events, wonder how they will handle it. I assume Sansa will be hopeful to see her sister again, only for the hope to be crushed.

Also, it seems like both Bronn and Jaime are fighting Dornish in Dorne. Which means, I presume, that at least some parts of the Sand Snakes/Dorkstar stirring up trouble under Doran's nose carries over from the books.

Also also, I have a feeling the High Sparrow is going to be a highlight of this season.

Also also also, Jon Snow rescue mission at Hardhome? I have a feeling this could either be great or crash and burn.

Then again, I have this feeling with the whole season. Either they are going to make it work, or it will fail fairly spectacularily, since it will consist of more original material than ever.

I too have strong apprehensions about the upcoming season. I'm not too impressed with any of the S5 trailers I've seen so far. Even with enough material from GRRM on characters like Stannis, D&D managed to fuck it up. Just imagine if they were to try develop storylines on their own. They may know the broad strokes of the ending and how and where the pivotal characters end up, but I don't really trust them to develop the stories of the main characters without the books as a source.

Who was Jon talking to when he said "Winter is Coming"?

Might be Olly, kids probably grown some but the hair matches. He is cast in the episode the Wars to come this season. Does not look like anyone else I know from the wall or who is with Stannis.

Who was Jon talking to when he said "Winter is Coming"?

It's Olly. Since Ygritte killed his father and the Wildlings wiped out his entire village, the kid is understandably quite skeptical and upset about Jon's decision to forge a truce with the Free Folk. Jon is attempting to explain to him why it's their only practical option - if the Night's Watch doesn't ally with the Wildlings and allow them to pass through the Wall, they'll only have to fight them later as part of the White Walkers' massing undead army.

Do you think Dany's arc will end this year with her flying off on Drogon?

Absolutely we know from production shots that Drogon will enter the pits of Meereen at the end of this season. Well unless a character learns how to create a flamethrower instead :p

Ok well then "Myranda" is just going to be book Jeyne then or else there is logically no other reason to include that scene in this trailer

That is a very poor assumption to make. Ros sex scenes made it to trailers. Why should this consensual sex scene be ay different?

Maybe it does have importance, but linking it to Myranda being Jeyne just because it appears in a trailer is nonsensical

That is a very poor assumption to make. Ros sex scenes made it to trailers. Why should this consensual sex scene be ay different?

Maybe it does have importance, but linking it to Myranda being Jeyne just because it appears in a trailer is nonsensical

Yeah, we had a shot of Myranda/Ramsay sex in a season four trailer, but that didn't really turn out to be much.

Drogon is getting big, and Tyrion sees a dragon from a boat.

Not necessarily - it is after all just a trailer, and trailers often are pretty misleading about the cuts and who's looking at what.

I'm a bit horrified by my face blindness at being unable to figure out if I know the face with Ramsey in that brief shot of him looking vampiric. The first time I thought it was Sansa, but now I don't think so ... but i don't really think it's Myranda either. I'm still guessing that fArya is in.

So Sansa as Manderley?! Based on the trailers that's my current guess - the North isn't remembering, and instead the Vale knights are the fifth column force inside Winterfell.

If Littlefinger ends up in Winterfell with Sansa and Ramsay makes come-hither eyes, aw damn RamRam you are so fucked.

I'm a bit horrified by my face blindness at being unable to figure out if I know the face with Ramsey in that brief shot of him looking vampiric. The first time I thought it was Sansa, but now I don't think so ... but i don't really think it's Myranda either. I'm still guessing that fArya is in.

Naw, it's Ramsay and Myranda. There's a screencap somewhere. The actress has a pretty distinctive nose and chin.

I actually like the direction they seem to be going from the Vale to the Wall. I'd accepted a lot of Northern characters/houses may simply be left out so am now even more interested to see what goes down. the Brienne/Pod, Sansa/Baelish, and Bolton storylines all seem quite interesting now.

I think Pod may die, I just don't see him serving much more function if Brienne and him make it up North.

The dragons look awesome.

The Dany speech is good. I think I like her story better on the show than I did reading book 5 so far. I wonder if we will get Daario's more assholish side this year because if I remember correctly in the books he suggested that Dany invite her enemies and then kill them, very much like the RW so maybe that's what she's referring to when she says that she is not a butcher...or maybe it's a reference to Cleon.

Stannis seemingly getting his proper glory is also very nice.

Here's why I think Sansa won't be fArya: she is riding with knights of the Vale so unless LF wants to get rid of her for playing him at his trial he will not send Sansa Stark to the Boltons as a punishment, hence we can assume that she will pretend to be LF's niece Alayne, coming to Winterfell to pay her respects to the Warden of the North. I don't think there is any risk of her getting recognized because, remember, in episode 8 of season 4 she had to remind Lord Royce who she was because he was unable to recognize her until she chose to reveal herself, even though they'd met before, so there is no chance of any of the Northern lords recognizing her, since she is a) older now, b ) she looks different from what she looked like at 12 and c) she seemingly showcases a much more self-assured personality. I think it is also likely that Sansa = Lady Dustin + Manderly if LF talks to her about avenging people so maybe on the way to Winterfell they come across some Freys....? I think Myranda is the likely candidate to play fArya and Sansa will probably escape with Theon, which is fine because whether it's Jeyne or Sansa he saves, it doesn't matter as long as he knows the person he saves.

Stannis' camp seemingly being on fire is intriguing. Does he lose against Ramsay for real on the show? Now that would be something interesting.

Hardhome seems to be a big deal on the show. Whoever thinks For the Watch will happen there, raise your undead hand.

Cersei's storyline seems to have a lot of her book elements in there except maybe Loras trying to attack Olyvar. I wonder what that is about. Jonathan Pryce is wonderful.

Also, Volantis looks fantastic.

No Theon and not much Arya but I suspect that's the case because they don't want to reveal anything in their storylines through the trailers just yet.

anyonw who thinks im lying about 'Charoltte Hope' AKA ramsays GF marryin ramsay posing as Arya can go look it up ur self...using bing jus type in 'game of thrones season 5 charlotte hope' and click on the first main link and youll see wat im talkin about. I woulda pasted the link but I have no idea how to do that.

Archived