Thoughts on new trailer

I_Might_Be_God

The trailer was pretty good. Dany is annoying though, talking as if she knows any of the great houses. Stannis is going to get major showfag followers judging by how much he is going to avenge the north. I look forward to telling all of my non-reader friends "told ya so" once they realise why I was rooting for Stannis this whole time.

I've done that do multiple people after 4x10. Also heard a lot of 'ok...I see what you see in him' :lol:

D&D raise her to the ''nice goddess perfect ruler status''. They propagate her so much beyond belief. None of what she says makes any sense when shes doing it herself.

She is on the wheel with all of them. So basically shes destroying herself.

Yeah, see, I keep seeing this sentiment on this board, and how they want her to be a "strong character", but I don't think they have been doing this at all.

This might have been the case till the end of Season 3, but from Season 4 onwards, I think that D&D have intentionally tried to show us just how arrogant Dany is getting, and that she doesn't always make the right decisions. For example, there was the dictatorial Nazi imagery in 4x04, where she is standing atop the Pyramid of Meereen with the Targaryen banner behind her. Also, there were several instances of Jorah and Barristan questioning her decision, especially Barristan when she tried to crucify the slavers. Lines like these from her, I feel, are SUPPOSED to exude arrogance and naivety, highlighting that she isn't yet ready to rule. Many people here seem to agree that Dany comes off as pompous now, but for some reason still say that they are whitewashing her and are trying to make her appear as the ideal woman.

SPOILERS

On a side note, have any of you seen this post? https://www.facebook.com/TheSheWolfOfWinterfell/photos/a.1434024710173263.1073741828.1434015483507519/1589012024674530/?type=1&theater

It offers a brief description of Dany's scene with Drogon atop the tower, which reads:

Arriving in her quarters, Dany remains impassive as she orders everyone away. Missandei’s attempts to remain by Dany’s side are met with curt refusal. When Missandei leaves, Dany breaks down, distraught over what she’s just done. A sound from outside cuts short her grief. She goes outside to check its source. The balcony appears to be empty – until a gust of wind blasts her from above. Drogon is perched atop the pyramid where the harpy once stood. She calls his name, beckons him to come. Warily he scuttles down the side of the pyramid, a few feet at a time. When he reaches the edge of the balcony overhang, she holds out her hand to him. He drops his great head down on his long, snaking neck and sniffs her hand. And when she reaches forward to stroke his muzzle, he beats his wings and flies away into the night, leaving her alone once again.

END SPOILERS

I really hope this is true, since it shows us the humanity in Dany, and the internal conflict that is taking place within her right now. Has the potential to be a great scene!

Hi all, first time posting so go easy on me! Does anyone else think that the brunette Mysha Mysha might be a young Melisandre in a flashback? I know her hair isn't really that red, but maybe?

Hey, welcome to the forum (it's sort of extremely aggressive and over-passionate sometimes, so don't take any posts too seriously)!

As for you point about that lady, while I think it's possible, it is very unlikely. Her skin is a bit too tanned for it to be Melisandre, and, like you said, her hair's a different colour. Also, I just think that this flashback was basically a one-off usage for this season, to keep it unique.

Where is everyone chatting now that the previous thread was weirdly locked?

Yeah I was referring to blank posts these two made quoting me....but nevermind, the board is acting crazy today

Archived