Thoughts on new trailer

I_Might_Be_God

How is it nonsensical? I mean, in the first trailer, I didn't really understand what she was talking about, but now that we have it in context, I find it interesting and actually like it.

It's laughable. She thinks she is the supreme god of everything. She is the most intelligent women in the world and everyone else should abide by her rules(Hitler). What the hell has she done for Westeros? Nothing. Why should she judge all these houses in Westeros, when one, she doesn't even have a single clue about what's actually going on there. Two, why on earth is she saying that they are crushing everything below them, when she is doing the exact same thing in Essos? She saved a few slaves, cool. She also had nothing to feed them and let them starve, and die of disease. In doing so she declared war against 5 other cities, putting all her people in massive danger. Great Queen. She is a hypocrite and a waste of time.

It's laughable. She thinks she is the supreme god of everything. She is the most intelligent women in the world and everyone else should abide by her rules(Hitler). What the hell has she done for Westeros? Nothing. Why should she judge all these houses in Westeros, when one, she doesn't even have a single clue about what's actually going on there. Two, why on earth is she saying that they are crushing everything below them, when she is doing the exact same thing in Essos? She saved a few slaves, cool. She also had nothing to feed them and let them starve, and die of disease. In doing so she declared war against 5 other cities, putting all her people in massive danger. Great Queen. She is a hypocrite and a waste of time.

I'm assuming she's being brought some news of Westeros as she is making this speech, so she's not completely ignorant. And there's no telling what the season will hold for her, albeit, the angry mob does not look promising. She's been doing an ok job as ruler so far, so let's just wait and see.

Because the first trailer should be the standout trailer of the series and this was miles better than the previous one.

Well last year's subsequent trailers were also better than the first one. Curiously the best one (imho) was in HBO GO and was never released in high quality.

I guess this is part of the point. She is not supposed to be the perfect hero queen, but a flawed and increasingly arrogant character. So yeah, those quotes might be a bit bland and wearing, but probably they make sense.

I'm assuming she's being brought some news of Westeros as she is making this speech, so she's not completely ignorant. And there's no telling what the season will hold for her, albeit, the angry mob does not look promising. She's been doing an ok job as ruler so far, so let's just wait and see.

Been doing ok.... I just don't even.

I guess this is part of the point. She is not supposed to be the perfect hero queen, but a flawed and increasingly arrogant character. So yeah, those quotes might be a bit bland and wearing, but probably they make sense.

D&D raise her to the ''nice goddess perfect ruler status''. They propagate her so much beyond belief. None of what she says makes any sense when shes doing it herself.

She is on the wheel with all of them. So basically shes destroying herself.

What? I don't get all this ya hoo you're on about. She has been like this for 3 seasons. It's her character.

I was under the impression that you were ranting against D&D for depicting her character in a wrong way. But if you just ranted about Dany as a character in itslef then well, go ahead. They can't all be the greatest characters.

Joining in the choir, one of the best trailers as of yet. Impressive, cinematic and epic.

And concerning Dany, she's examplifying what power(and ego) does to people. And on top of that is also surrounding herself with "yay sayers" who is feeding her growing God complex. Her arc isn't about the lost great monarch retaking her ancestors seat of power. It's problaly leaning towards the opposite of her dreams, resulting in another Targaryen tyrant invading Westeros. I believe that Dany is turning into the Walter White of Asoif.

Joining in the choir, one of the best trailers as of yet. Impressive, cinematic and epic.

And concerning Dany, she's examplifying what power(and ego) does to people. And on top of that is also surrounding herself with "yay sayers" who is feeding her growing God complex. Her arc isn't about the lost great monarch retaking her ancestors seat of power. It's problaly leaning towards the opposite of her dreams, resulting in another Targaryen tyrant invading Westeros. I believe that Dany is turning into the Walter White of Asoif.

I love how you can judge all of this from a trailer. [sans Comic MS = Sarcastic Font]

I was under the impression that you were ranting against D&D for depicting her character in a wrong way. But if you just ranted about Dany as a character in itslef then well, go ahead. They can't all be the greatest characters.

Well it's just another shade of idiocy from book to screen.

Loved the trailer. Dany was amazing and so was Drogon. Interested in where Brienne is and what she is doing. Selyse lying in the snow and Mel looking worried makes me think either Shireen or Stannis will be killed (hopefully the latter as the need to cut the fat now that the story is being streamlined)

Loved the trailer. Dany was amazing and so was Drogon. Interested in where Brienne is and what she is doing. Selyse lying in the snow and Mel looking worried makes me think either Shireen or Stannis will be killed (hopefully the latter as the need to cut the fat now that the story is being streamlined)

Brienne looked to be way, way way up in the North. And Sansa is in WF. Too many things I don't understand. But the trailer was still awesome.

Brienne looked to be way, way way up in the North. And Sansa is in WF. Too many things I don't understand. But the trailer was still awesome.

Maybe it's the footage near the end of the season where winter is not only in the North but also spreading south?

Archived