Thoughts on new trailer

I_Might_Be_God

Firstly, I don't appreciate being called a troll when I am clearly, and politely asking for your opinion. I did not presume to judge you, I simply asked a question and I was honestly interested in receiving an answer and not an insult. I would appreciate it if you extended me the same courtesy. I find that term--troll, as lazy as it is offensive and overused.

Secondly, If you bothered to click on the links in my signature you would learn that I explain my opinion quite clearly, unlike you, who makes statements without bothering to elaborate, a plague that runs rampant among the sort of people who make statements like yours. Seeing as you are particularly lazy this morning in explaining yourself, I will go ahead and make a few assumptions on your behalf and then attempt to make the argument I think you are trying to make. Please remember that while I respect your poorly-explained opinion, I don't agree with it.

So here is your argument: Dany is a Targ and this alone qualifies her for a "madness" diagnosis. Her dad was mad and she must be mad too. She was unkind to some really nice slavers and exposed herself as a hypocrite, I mean, how dare she be outraged at the mistreatment of an entire class of people by the few. She enjoys sex way too much and is an idiot when it comes to ruling since she has failed to prove herself as a tyrant during an insurgency. And oh yeah, she fails to control her dragons and learn about Westeros and rule well and save the world and all the other things. I mean, forget that the day is only 24 hours long and she is only human, she just keeps failing and what a crime since no one else has failed in these books. Certainly not the awesome Stannis or the legendary Robb or the Noble Ned or the genius Tywin and Tyrion or the kind Roose. None of these people has ever failed so how dare this entitled brat do it, urgh, she is the worst. Just because she has Targ blood, boobs, blonde hair and dragons does not make her special. Her power is corrupting her and I'm glad she is going mad like her father. I hope she dies in childbirth or Drogon roasts her. :dunno:

The reason I made all those assumptions about your opinion is because you failed to answer my question. Could have save us all that nastiness.

The hell am I reading lol.

Ok, first, you never asked ''politely''. Where is the please or thank you?

Second, how on earth is this not a troll statement ''the most underrated character''. Everywhere I look I see a Dany fans praising and glorifying her. That's a load of bollocks and you know it.

And why on earth would I click a bunch of hashtags like that lol.

I can't be bothered giving you a bloody essay worth of Dany being a bad ruler. Those assumptions are so bad, which obviously proves you don't have an idea of what's going on. I will give a short version, to be honest I would like to sleep instead of debating Dany all night.

Dany particularity in the show gains a snarky attitude when she receives her dragons from the pyre. The attitude ''because I have dragons you should let me have special rights'' persists through the majority of the show. What Dany doesn't realize is that in order to gain respect for people you have to work for it. It doesn't come the other way round. You can't just demand people for ships and armies because you are a Targaryen and have Dragons.

On her ascension to Yunkai she decided to release 100000 slaves. What is wrong with this is that she couldn't feed them at all. It isn't displayed in the show, but in the books the slaves die of disease and di-hydration. Her emotions get in the way, and for this she kills thousands of slaves whom she wants to save. Not only that, Dany in doing so angers the slave masters which then decide to rise against her. She now stupidly starts wars with Volantis, Lys and Yunkai for slaves she could not feed. She takes over Meereen angering more cities in Essos and starting more wars. She tries to import food to Meereen, but the free cities block these ports(you know why).

You really see how power corrupts her when Quentyn Martell offers terms from Sunspear and she laughs at him. It's pathetic. Someone who comes all the way from Dorne with an important proposal for marriage is just laughed off because of his face. Disgraceful. This is a family whom gave their hand to Rhaegar. This shows Danys lack of respect for Westeros houses.

She ignores the council of Barristan Selmy and Jorah Mormont and does what she thinks is best. Didn't she want Ned Stark dead as well? The person who stood up for her in the small council. It's obvious she wants to bring fire and blood to Westeros with her hatred for the houses. How is this a good thing?

Dany all in all is too emotional and egocentric to be a leader, let alone a Queen. These qualities do not make good Kings or Queens. She can not run a city let alone alone a kingdom.

Cry the river blimey. Need to sleep.

This is pure wishful-thinking on my part but did anyone else notice that when Dany said "Stark" Jon was notably missing. So was Bran but we already know he's not in Season 5, ditto for Rickon. Just saying...I am saying this is D&D's version of foreshadowing. :P

Are we sure it's that inn, though? It looked to me like that too. It appears that Brienne is chased by Vale riders, perhaps that forces her to go that other road she didn't chose - there was a memorable moment with her and Pod at the croassroads last season. Hopefully that leads to LS

It looks like an Inn & barn area to me,

If LF tells Sansa that Arya is to be married to Roose Bolton's son, and he encourages her to go with her own force back to Winterfell, it would explain Sansa being unwilling to hear Brienne out about having seen Arya.

It would force Brienne to continue to search for Arya on her own, knowing she is not at WF, and forces Brienne & Pod into a storyline that more closely resembles the book which would result in us seeing LSH. Hopefully.

It would force Brienne to continue to search for Arya on her own, knowing she is not at WF, and forces Brienne & Pod into a storyline that more closely resembles the book which would result in us seeing LSH. Hopefully.

One can hope.

The hell am I reading lol.

Ok, first, you never asked ''politely''. Where is the please or thank you?

Second, how on earth is this not a troll statement ''the most underrated character''. Everywhere I look I see a Dany fans praising and glorifying her. That's a load of bollocks and you know it.

And why on earth would I click a bunch of hashtags like that lol.

I can't be bothered giving you a bloody essay worth of Dany being a bad ruler. Those assumptions are so bad, which obviously proves you don't have an idea of what's going on. I will give a short version, to be honest I would like to sleep instead of debating Dany all night.

Dany particularity in the show gains a snarky attitude when she receives her dragons from the pyre. The attitude ''because I have dragons you should let me have special rights'' persists through the majority of the show. What Dany doesn't realize is that in order to gain respect for people you have to work for it. It doesn't come the other way round. You can't just demand people for ships and armies because you are a Targaryen and have Dragons.

On her ascension to Yunkai she decided to release 100000 slaves. What is wrong with this is that she couldn't feed them at all. It isn't displayed in the show, but in the books the slaves die of disease and di-hydration. Her emotions get in the way, and for this she kills thousands of slaves whom she wants to save. Not only that, Dany in doing so angers the slave masters which then decide to rise against her. She now stupidly starts wars with Volantis, Lys and Yunkai for slaves she could not feed. She takes over Meereen angering more cities in Essos and starting more wars. She tries to import food to Meereen, but the free cities block these ports(you know why).

You really see how power corrupts her when Quentyn Martell offers terms from Sunspear and she laughs at him. It's pathetic. Someone who comes all the way from Dorne with an important proposal for marriage is just laughed off because of his face. Disgraceful. This is a family whom gave their hand to Rhaegar. This shows Danys lack of respect for Westeros houses.

She ignores the council of Barristan Selmy and Jorah Mormont and does what she thinks is best. Didn't she want Ned Stark dead as well? The person who stood up for her in the small council. It's obvious she wants to bring fire and blood to Westeros with her hatred for the houses. How is this a good thing?

Dany all in all is too emotional and egocentric to be a leader, let alone a Queen. These qualities do not make good Kings or Queens. She can not run a city let alone alone a kingdom.

Cry the river blimey. Need to sleep.

1. There was a poll on here recently that put Daenerys way down on the bottom of the list of popularity, so if you are seeing that its not on these forums. Us Dany fans are in the minority here.

2. Clearly you have not heard of Elizabeth I of England.

1. There was a poll on here recently that put Daenerys way down on the bottom of the list of popularity, so if you are seeing that its not on these forums. Us Dany fans are in the minority here.

2. Clearly you have not heard of Elizabeth I of England.

Why even bother?

It looks like an Inn & barn area to me,

If LF tells Sansa that Arya is to be married to Roose Bolton's son, and he encourages her to go with her own force back to Winterfell, it would explain Sansa being unwilling to hear Brienne out about having seen Arya.

The thing is they say they can't waste time yet they keep doing all those detours. First Brienne meets Arya, now she meets Vale riders. Meeting LS would be take far less time than all this fan fiction

Why even bother?

I think people over analyse everything because there are such long gaps between books. They have developed an unfounded hatred for a fictional character. That member has a hatred towards Dany fans as well. He had a video in signature that called Dany fans a homophobic slur starting with F.

I doubt it. I guess she'll go down to the Riverlands back around episode 4 and perhaps, perhaps, she'll be around the Neck or even in the North by the end of the season.

The thing is they say they can't waste time yet they keep doing all those detours. First Brienne meets Arya, now she meets Vale riders. Meeting LS would be take far less time than all this fan fiction

We all want LSH, but GRRM has been pretty clear that D&D version of the story should not be considered fan fiction.

The last two books have to be brutal to adapt. If they don't adapt LSH/CH, it's because they are just not important to the end-game. I love LSH in the books but the thought did cross my mind a few times, that it cheapens the Red Wedding a tad.

We all want LSH, but GRRM has been pretty clear that D&D version of the story should not be considered fan fiction.

The last two books have to be brutal to adapt. If they don't adapt LSH/CH, it's because they are just not important to the end-game. I love LSH in the books but the thought did cross my mind a few times, that it cheapens the Red Wedding a tad.

I'll consider it to be however I want, I don't need GRRM's blessing.

She adds to the tragedy. Catelyn can't even rest in peace and perhaps be united with Ned. She is the gods' answer for the RW. So far in the show there is absolutely no answer to what was the biggest event in the series. That's awful writing.

I think people over analyse everything because there are such long gaps between books. They have developed an unfounded hatred for a fictional character. That member has a hatred towards Dany fans as well. He had a video in signature that called Dany fans a homophobic slur starting with F.

Irrational as how I would put it. Just look at that nonsensical screed he posted above.

Huh? I wouldn't want to put words into GRRM's mouth, nor try and represent his thoughts and feelings on the continuing product as the years go on. What we do know is.......that yes, D&D have a broad outline of the story going forward (maybe broad, maybe bullet points?), that GRRM is NOT involved with the show this year (writing wise), but none of this speaks to the facts about how fan fictiony the show could turn out to be and how GRRM might feel about it.

I'll consider it to be however I want, I don't need GRRM's blessing.

She adds to the tragedy. Catelyn can't even rest in peace and perhaps be united with Ned. She is the gods' answer for the RW. So far in the show there is absolutely no answer to what was the biggest event in the series. That's awful writing.

While I do understand the feeling some have about too much zombification going on, LOL, ITA with this part of your LSH assessment. She isn't where the dead rising become a problem and her existence is a tragedy in itself, for her and for her family, dead and alive. Not to mention, all the issues her existence raises with Brienne and Jaime. I'd like all those issues to be addressed and find the answers and outcome to be an important part of the story. The story is about characters and family, not just the throne.

Huh? I wouldn't want to put words into GRRM's mouth, nor try and represent his thoughts and feelings on the continuing product as the years go on. What we do know is.......that yes, D&D have a broad outline of the story going forward (maybe broad, maybe bullet points?), that GRRM is NOT involved with the show this year (writing wise), but none of this speaks to the facts about how fan fictiony the show could turn out to be and how GRRM might feel about it.

:agree: This

While I do understand the feeling some have about too much zombification going on, LOL, ITA with this part of your LSH assessment. She isn't where the dead rising become a problem and her existence is a tragedy in itself, for her and for her family, dead and alive. Not to mention, all the issues her existence raises with Brienne and Jaime. I'd like all those issues to be addressed and find the answers and outcome to be an important part of the story. The story is about characters and family, not just the throne.

They just hate Cat and project onto LS. I refuse to believe Martin brought her back for nothing

Archived