Cricket; 27 Not Out...

Stubby

Moral victory for UAE:

Step 1 - keep SA under 400.

Step 2 - bat the entire 50 overs.

Good on 'em, I reckon, if they achieve that target.

Also, I love this piece of commentary from cricinfo:

Steyn to Mohammad Naveed, FOUR, backs away and swings, gets a lovely edge over the slips for four. This is proper classic tailend batting

Wow, I snagged 613 points from the SA/UAE match. I too AB de Villiers as captain which helped a lot :bowdown: . No bloody help at all from Amla :tantrum:

My points ranked me 7424th among all the people in Cricinfo fantasy. Considering my over all rank is 34702 that's not too shabby for me.

Well done to UAE too for almost achieving both moral victory targets. Actually keeping SA under 350 is a very good bowling effort considering the number of >350 innings there have been this tournament. And getting SA 6 down is also quite an achievement. And not allowing anyone to score a century, another achievement. Their top scorer with 57 not out also no doubt a career highlight for Patil. UAE can feel pretty good about themselves all things considered.

I feel like just about all of the associate teams have acquitted themselves well this tournament. Yet more evidence in support of expanding rather than contracting the number of teams for the next CWC.

7 picks left 3 games for which I haven't filled a roster though I have one Aussie on my team at the moment. I'm thinking 2 more Aussies, 3 Windies and 2 Pakistanis.

To be fair the article says the charges are only "of making false promises of marriage." Not sure if that false promise lead to sex or not, which of course could then be regarded as rape undere the law. But in terms of the article you've linked there is no explicit mention of rape.

Still I condemn Ms Happy's lawyer for kicking her to the curb like that. What an arsehole. Suggest to me that Ms Happy's decision may not have been completely uncoerced.

To be honest my morning paper(TOI) said rape and when i wanted to post here i just saw the cricinfo article and thought it will have the same content hence did not read it before posting sorry for that .

Early scare for Bangladesh but they have managed to recover a little bit. Cricinfo commentary suggests the ball is swinging quite a bit.

Why the fuck am i at work! GAH!

Good player, this Mahmudallah.

Still, I wanted NZ to bat first so McCullum could have a crack at a really big score :p

Well that's an epic fail for my league team. I picked Williamson and McCullum as my batsmen and they both fail. I'll get modest points for Boult modest points for Rahman and I guess we'll see with Ronchi.

Ahhhhhhhh what a relief! I had to watch Big Bang Theory rather than watch Cricinfo turn over ball by ball with frustrating slowness. Very timely for Taylor and Guptil to hit some runs, esp Taylor. Good on Vettori and Southee bringing it home.

Horrible transfers this time. McCullum and (Captain) Williamson do nothing, even when given a chance to do so, and Ali is dropped for the England game. Lucky Bell has stuck around; unlucky that it's such a low total to chase.

Horrible transfers this time. McCullum and (Captain) Williamson do nothing, even when given a chance to do so, and Ali is dropped for the England game. Lucky Bell has stuck around; unlucky that it's such a low total to chase.

Not a good day for me, either. I'd picked Ali and Woakes neither of whom players and none of the other players got many points. That may have contributed to losing second spot to Eloisa.

Not a good day for me, either. I'd picked Ali and Woakes neither of whom players and none of the other players got many points. That may have contributed to losing second spot to Eloisa.

I got zero from England. But interestingly it seems a lot of people did. I got 164 points from the NZ/BAN game, but my ranking for that game (48,429) was lower than the ranking of my zero points for the England game (46,011). Lol. I guess everyone who got 0 ended up on 46011 equal, So 46010 people scored at least 1 point in the match.

Archived