Cricket; 27 Not Out...

Stubby

Wow, I actually did surprisingly well out of the Aus/Pak game. Starc was my captain, which wasn't great, but it was OK. But Riaz and Maxwell came through quite nicely for me. I ended up getting close to double the average for the game. My ambition is to join the 10K club by the end of this thing. Now to make my picks for the NZ/WI QF. Decisions decisions. I guess I'm going to have to go with Gayle, hopefully that way I jinx him even if that means missing out on 10K.

Is KP back in the squad?

No, although the incoming Chairman of the ECB seems to have been making some indications that there might be a way back for KP in the future. Even ignoring how the rest of the team might feel about that, I don't think KP has played any First Class cricket in the last year so he'd have to go play for a county for a bit and score lots of runs before there was any chance of him making a return.

Such an awesome privilege to witness that amazing innings. Soooo bummed I didn't put guptil in my team. I actually misread my ticket I'm 3/4 of the way up the stands directly opposite where guptil's roof six landed. Pretty much zero chance of me getting on TV.

Time for the NZ bowlers to do their job. No matter what the score gable is dangerous. It was a bad day for express pace, so I hope the NZ swinger's can do the trick.

Highest ever individual score in CWC history! To be there to see every run live, magical.

And how about Vettori? No worries mate, I'll just crush 2 fours while you take a breather before cleaning up the last over.

Oh, what an intense game! I was like, they won't chase down the total...maybe they will...no they won't... Wow, they might!... nah they won't... OMG they will!...Gayle's out no worries...Holy shit they still going along at a match winning pace...Too many wicket's gone we've got this now...YESSSSSSS!!!

The Vettori catch was pretty much right in front of where I was sitting. Oh man what a match turning catch.

IMO opening with Gayle was a mistake. He should have come in at 4 or maybe even 5. The top order should have started out like NZ, building the innings and preserving wickets. The problem with Gayle opening was the ability to take quick singles, and push 1s into 2s, and even running 3s was always going to be difficult. So not only did Gayle have to try to win the game in boundaries so did his partners. That lead to loose shots early in the innings, which lead to mistakes. It lead to a bloody high run rate, but that counts for nothing when wickets are falling at regular intervals. But I am glad to have seen Gayle playing aggressively and for 30-odd balls absolutely dominating. Everyone's bowling figures were shit except for Boult's. But man, Boult did the job on the top order and that sealed the deal. Glad I had Boult as my captain, but would have been gladder if I'd picked Guptil instead of McCullum.

Fantastic stuff.

Now to face South Africa.

Definitely going to go back and watch the rest of that match (went to sleep during the 14th or 15th over in NZ innings).

It was amazing to watch the development of Guptill's innings. It basically had 4 phases: the first 100, 100-150, 150-200 and 200+

The interesting thing is that the only person who really stayed around in support of Guptill was Ross Taylot, who had an interminably slow innings, But he occupied the crease at a vital stage of the game.

Glad I made the effort to stay awake through the New Zealand innings, but couldn't manage to see the Windies response.

Just such a brilliant catch by Vettori when I saw it on the highlights on Saturday afternoon.

Archived