Cricket; 27 Not Out...

Stubby

There really seems to be belief about NZ in this tournament - possibly home soil advantage, but you could tell from the crowd that people are really getting excited by the possibility of an NZ champion team. Maybe I've caught a bit of Pax's anti-Australian-team-thing, but I wouldn't be sad if they won it. They're a great team to watch and as Will said, everyone in the team has more or less pitched in throughout the tournament. They don't rely on a couple of big stars, although McCullum has clearly been their key player through most matches.

Just seen the highlights of the match, that was a great game of cricket.

The Duckworth/Lewis Method is notoriously complex, South Africa once knocked themselves out of a World Cup after miscalculating the adjusted target and falling one run short of a victory.

IIRC England did the same thing one the World T20 against Netherlands once...

Watching the news tonight talking about the player attitudes going in to the next semi, it looks like usual suspects are psyching themselves up for plenty o' sledging. Oh well prepare for the tone to be lowered I guess, in consummate Aussie fashion.

Best of luck to both teams in this 2nd semi-finals, please may the best sledgers lose.

Looks like Pietersen is serious about trying to get back into the England side. He's signed back up with Surrey to play first class cricket. Fair play to him, people have questioned his commitment in the past but he's probably giving up a fair amount of money doing this on the outside chance he'll get back into the England team.

I read on Cricinfo that the SCG is far from full. Cripes a CWC semi-final featuring Aussie and India and it can't fill up the SCG? Though I am sure the stadium will be full to the brim in the evening. It's just that it's a work day and there's a few hours until the day is over yet.

Warner gone . Decent start.

Yep, but they are still scoring at 5.8 per over. Even more impressive when you realise that Finch blocked out one of those overs for a maiden.

Because India is the only other country I've lived in for any length of time I am pretty much hoping for India to win here. Well, that and they're playing Aussie, and I rather NZ doesn't have to face Aussie at the MCG. Though facing an India team that beat Aussie at home, with no doubt a home-like crowd in the stadium probably isn't any better.

I read on Cricinfo that the SCG is far from full. Cripes a CWC semi-final featuring Aussie and India and it can't fill up the SCG? Though I am sure the stadium will be full to the brim in the evening. It's just that it's a work day and there's a few hours until the day is over yet.

From what i see on my TV it looks pretty full.

Archived