Cricket; 27 Not Out...

Stubby

Good cameo from Johnson here. It seems like an age ago that he and Watto were figures of fun.

On the other hand, I really don't understand the point of the innings-break interview. Surely as a player it's the last thing you'd want, and has anyone ever said anything remotely insightful or interesting during one?

Good cameo from Johnson here. It seems like an age ago that he and Watto were figures of fun.

On the other hand, I really don't understand the point of the innings-break interview. Surely as a player it's the last thing you'd want, and has anyone ever said anything remotely insightful or interesting during one?

Not to mention the fact that no-one is really watching, as that is the time you get up for a coffee, smoke, beer, dunny break....

Done and done. Good performance allround from Australia.

Very disappointed with India's batting. One thing you could count on generally from India is that at least a couple of their batsmen will show up, but not to be it seems. After the openers it was shaky, and some very disappointing effort from Dhoni.

Easy win to Aussie. I can't see Aussie not taking out the tournament. Most of the pundits predicted an AUS/NZ final, and NZ got that fairy tale result. A loss will always be disappointing, because NZ has proven it can beat any team on the day. But it's time for realism and realistically beating Aussie is unlikely. So we have to be overjoyed at reaching the final and not let the likely result of second overshadow the great achievement of making it to the final.

The final should be a cracker, in theory. Will be interesting to see how NZ perform away from home, cope with the pressure of a first WC final, and whether their seam attack can extract the same sort of swing in Australian conditions. The toss is going to be important. Of the 24 D/N games played in Australia, 16 have been won by the side batting first.

Archived