Cricket; 27 Not Out...

Stubby

Poor Southee, would've got back in easily if it wasn't for the shithouse state of the ground there trying to swallow his bat.

Still, superb work from Maxwell. He may be an odious twat but he can't half play cricket.

Well it could have been worse. NZ were really looking down the barrell, but ultimately fell far short of what they could have scored.

Over to the bowlers. They've dismissed Aus for a low score once. So it's not over yet. But I think 80/20 in favour of Aus right now.

Well, I guess at least Aussie hasn't completely decimated the bowling. But NZ doesn't have the penetrating attack that Aussie does.

What might have been if McCullum had kept a 2nd slip in there for Warner.

Deserved victory by Aussie.

That was a disappointing effort with the bat by NZ. In saying that, credit must go to the Aussie bowlers. That was a magnificent display of fast bowling. I was hoping to see a new world champion crowned but unfortunately this was a step too far for NZ. When it comes to the must win games, never bet against Australia.

Kudos to Clarke. He has batted beautifully in his final ODI. Shame he got out at the end there. Smith has held the innings together superbly as usual.

Bit of an anticlimax, well done Australia but would have preferred a more competitive match...sadly not NZ's day despite Elliott's best efforts.

By far the match of the tournament has to be that South Africa-New Zealand semifinal.

Was at the game and am still blissed! I think NZ not playing any games at the MCG hurt them. But this was the first game won there in the tournament by a team batting second. Australia had an amazing bowling line up, and it produced on the day. Starc worthy winner of man of the tournament - you could just see how afraid they were to play him.

Agreed with Jeor. Imma pretend that was actually the final (not because of the result, but by the actual competitiveness and high quality of the match).

Anyway, FURSUIT MANIA was pleasingly terrible during the tournament. Hooray!

And congrats to the Aussie side for winning it all.

Archived