Cricket; 27 Not Out...

Stubby

RIP Richie Benaud, an icon of Australian cricket and the perfect gentleman for a gentleman's game.

Looking forward to more cricket starting up. England really should be favourites but you just never know. One gets the feeling that both sides are capable of spectacular implosions and whoever holds their nerve the most will win.

Wahey, proper cricket is back.

And England have lost both their openers for less than 30 runs so not much has changed apparently. Oh well, good to see Trott back, however briefly.

ETA: Just looked at the England team, no Ali's a bit of a surprise.

ETA: Just looked at the England team, no Ali's a bit of a surprise.

I think Ali picked up an injury so wasn't included in the early part of the tour.

If they needed a replacement spinner then I think it might have made more sense to pick Rashid rather than Tredwell, who would probably be coming towards the end of his international career.

I got up in the middle of the night with some insomnia. I watched a bit of Bell defending some friendly non-spinners from Benn and Samuels. Cured the insomnia.

I got up in the middle of the night with some insomnia. I watched a bit of Bell defending some friendly non-spinners from Benn and Samuels. Cured the insomnia.

The Windies do seem to have a habit of producing non-spinning spinners. Gayle as well.

Yeah, not a great effort. Broad's batting has completely gone to pieces, a bit of a waste given how much potential he looked to have on that front a few years ago, and you don't see many 22 ball ducks from Buttler.

Yeah, not a great effort. Broad's batting has completely gone to pieces, a bit of a waste given how much potential he looked to have on that front a few years ago, and you don't see many 22 ball ducks from Buttler.

I think it's becoming debatable whether Broad should really continue to be above Anderson in the batting line-up.

Don't get what's happened to Broad's batting - once you have potential as a lower-order bat surely he can still whack the odd 30 or 40 to keep the average up.

He top-edged a hook through his visor. He admits he still has nightmares about it. He can no longer deal with the prospect of the short stuff, hence his whole batting game has collapsed.

Meh. That's like a rite of passage for a batsman.

Archived