Cricket; 27 Not Out...

Stubby

Not a bad effort from Bangladesh, but the end result was entirely predictable.

Tomorrow's game should be a cracker. Hopefully, the pitch is as green as they've been saying it is in media reports. There should be some great fast bowling on display from both teams.

Bangladesh could have restricted India to a score of around 250, but they took the pressure off India. They set defensive rather than attacking fields to Raina and he capitalised.

Australia should be favourites against Pakistan, but Pakistan on their day is very hard to beat. Should be a good game.

I am slightly amused at England announcing their Test squad for the Windies tour now, as if they're now trying to pretend that anything at all is happening in other formats of the game. The most interesting part of the squad is a welcome return for Jonathan Trott, there may also be potential debuts for Adam Lyth, Adil Rashid or Mark Wood although I'm not that familiar with either Lyth or Wood. I did see Rashid bowl in a ODI against Australia at Lord's back in 2009, at the time his stock ball seemed to be a long-hop outside leg stump, the Australians sitting near me seemed highly amused by repeated wides and loudly declared that he must be England's best bowler. I think he's probably improved since then.

Australia should be favourites against Pakistan, but Pakistan on their day is very hard to beat. Should be a good game.

On a seamer-friendly pitch I'd worry that the Australian pace bowlers could go through the Pakistan batting line-up in a short space of time. Pakistan do have good bowlers of their own but they're up against a more formidable batting line-up. Misbah probably crucial to Pakistan's chances (again).

I am slightly amused at England announcing their Test squad for the Windies tour now, as if they're now trying to pretend that anything at all is happening in other formats of the game. The most interesting part of the squad is a welcome return for Jonathan Trott, there may also be potential debuts for Adam Lyth, Adil Rashid or Mark Wood although I'm not that familiar with either Lyth or Wood. I did see Rashid bowl in a ODI against Australia at Lord's back in 2009, at the time his stock ball seemed to be a long-hop outside leg stump, the Australians sitting near me seemed highly amused by repeated wides and loudly declared that he must be England's best bowler. I think he's probably improved since then.

On a seamer-friendly pitch I'd worry that the Australian pace bowlers could go through the Pakistan batting line-up in a short space of time. Pakistan do have good bowlers of their own but they're up against a more formidable batting line-up. Misbah probably crucial to Pakistan's chances (again).

Is KP back in the squad?

So far not enough runs for Pakistan. I guess we'll find out if it was the conditions or the bowling or the bad batting once the Aussies have had a crack.

I suspect it was the batting. This was always going to be Pakistan's problem against the better teams. I think 260-70 would've given them some vague hope, but not to be.

Archived