NFL 2015: Chip Kelly enters 3rd season of House of Cards

Jace, Extat

:bowdown:

Front runner for post of the thread award.

Poor Sam Bradford. He thought he finally would get to play with his first probowler....

If the trade is truly Foles for a 2nd rounder (plus eating Bradford's contract), it is a great step on the road to Marcus.

Redskin operators are standing by!

I keep thinking about this Bradford-Foles trade, and I can't make sense of it.

If the Eagles are planning to trade up for Mariota, they could trade for Bradford and then cut him. Since his salary is non guaranteed and the Rams are on the hook for his signing bonus. Does that mean that if the Eagles cut him they don't have any cap penalty, or are they on the hook for the base amount ($13 million)? It's possible that the Rams would want Foles, but only be willing to offer a 2nd rounder for him if they take that Bradford contract off the books.

That's more or less the only scenario that even kind of makes sense, but I'm not a cap expert and I might be misinterpreting the rules of cap hits.

EDIT: Because the scenario where the Eagles keep Mariota, Bradford and Sanchez is ridiculous. And I have trouble believing that ANYONE could look at Sam Bradford's experience on the Rams and say "that's our long term solution." Certainly no coach would do that willingly.

And by that you mean the numbers pertaining to the cost of his medical bills.

Meh, he put up solid numbers in St. Louis playing under an embarrassing string of incompetent offensive coordinators, with guys who were worse than his college teammates and being forced to play the Niners, Seahawks, and Cardinals 6 times per season. Now he will be playing for an offensive genius and facing the Redskins, Giants, and Cowboys defenses 6 times per year. And even after dumping Maclin, Jackson, and McCoy, the Eagles are still better off at the skill positions than the Rams.

Trent Cole to PQJ.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE STUPID MOVES BY GRIGSON!!!

Her personal stable?

I'd send Trent Cole to the fucking glue factory.

Yes. Laminated in a collage of vibrant colors.

Vibrant colored glue! Is that a thing!?!

Graham's not just great; his game matches perfectly with Wilson's. Best in game at buying time for someone to work open plus best in game at working open = devastating.
It's good for the pass game. The problem is that without Unger Seattle's run game - which is what runs that offense - is pretty much DOA. Seattle basically was ineffective at running while Unger was out, and they have no other good centers around. It's great if Wilson has a target, but that's not what their drives are like.

As to Bradford and Philly - none of it makes any sense unless Philly is getting a second rounder. And even that is questionable. Bradford's cap hit is crazy high.

YESSSSSS

Yumbo and the Bills are now expressing interest in Revis.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE STUPID MOVES BY GRIGSON!!!

The good news is they're a Vince Wilfork signing away from being the favorites for the 2008 Superbowl....

It's good for the pass game. The problem is that without Unger Seattle's run game - which is what runs that offense - is pretty much DOA. Seattle basically was ineffective at running while Unger was out, and they have no other good centers around. It's great if Wilson has a target, but that's not what their drives are like.

As to Bradford and Philly - none of it makes any sense unless Philly is getting a second rounder. And even that is questionable. Bradford's cap hit is crazy high.

Yeah, I'd been mulling this over a bit since my post. Not just the loss of Unger; Graham's an indifferent at best blocker himself. I still think it's a big plus...I can envision many back-breakers in close games, killing worn out pass rushers, and with their D that's about all you need. But I agree there's a downside.

Archived