The Last Man on Earth (spoiler thread)

Ser Scot A Ellison

Anyone else watching this? It's not profound but it has been sweetly funny. I'm really curious to see where the writters and producers take this show. It seems like it ought to be one note but Will Forte is pulling it off so far showing the unbearable loneliness of such an existence and the willingness to put up with quite a lot to not be truely alone.

I watched the first 2 episodes and pretty much agree with your assessment Scot. Forte is great, not sure how long they can go with this idea but I'll be interested to see how they try.

I'll watch the third episode some time in the next few days.

Both my mother and girlfriend do not like it though. So that's a 2 out of 3 negative sample and if that means anything maybe cancellation will get it before any of it's idea(s) gets stale.

I thought the first two episodes were decent. Forte did a good job.

I guess I'll spoiler this part?

Schaal was obnoxious but that was kind of the point, they needed someone who would be so annoying that he would overlook how excruciatingly lonely and horny he was.

I fully expect them to get married and immediately a not-obnoxiously-crazy supermodel-looking female will show up.

AerysB,

I'm enjoying it. As I said it's not terribly deep (so far) but it has been entertaining.

I've just watched the trailer, and I think it's exactly the kind of post-apocalyptic stuff that I like!

I love things like 28 days after but this is comedy so it's going to be something completely new I think.. very innovative

thanx for the hint!

I thought the first two episodes were decent. Forte did a good job.

I guess I'll spoiler this part?

Schaal was obnoxious but that was kind of the point, they needed someone who would be so annoying that he would overlook how excruciatingly lonely and horny he was.

I fully expect them to get married and immediately a not-obnoxiously-crazy supermodel-looking female will show up.

Possum,

In regards to your thought

January Jones shows up in Episode 3

I like it, but I agree with red snow

I'd rather have "y the last man" on screens which is what I thought it was at first.

So far, I did like episode three the best, and if it keeps going I hope they keep the seasons very short.

Where are all the dead bodies??

I loved the irony of Phil getting into an accident after Carol got on him for not stopping at stop signs

I liked that part.

And when he had the wedding dream and was freaked out. But he woke up and was glad that everyone was still dead.

The thing that kills me the most is that they think they can repopulate the Earth. Say they have 2-5 kids. Will those kids procreate with one another? Will there be enough genetic variation for the offspring to survive. Maybe I'm being too simple-minded... :dunno:

Archived