The Last Man on Earth (spoiler thread)

Ser Scot A Ellison

Nope, it will be a huge problem. Not to mention even canned food will spoil over time. They need to move somewhere with more rain and start growing food.

Granted, I've never been in Tucson but shouldn't any place where 1,000,000 people lived be fruitful enough to sustain a handful of people?

I've watched the first 3 2 episodes...ending when January Jones shows up.

I think they are moving too fast with the plot...honestly. Will Forte should have been alone for the first 3-5 episodes...then he just sees signs of another person. Such as things in the town are moved. Or trash is picked up. Or cars have been searched with the doors left open. That would have been a funny episode.

Season 1 should end with January Jones showing up. But, IMO...the plot is moving too fast for this show to last.

But it has some funny moments.

Having your girlfriend still make you stop at all the stop signs is something that's conceptually funny without being funny-funny, you know? Like, looking back on it, I just laughed at it now a couple weeks later, but when I saw it live on TV it wasn't really a laugher at the time.

After this gets cancelled what I'd deeply love is a show based on his Tim Calhoon creepy whisper-talking politician character. That was pure character creation genius, that guy. You could do a whole thing about anti-Calhoon demonstrators demanding to know, "How did this disturbing soul get elected!?!?!" And then slowly reveal all the ways in which the constituents are in fact the crazy ones, in other words the world is such a crazy place that Tim's actual craziness slips through the cracks unnoticed, or barely noticed. Like he's just surfing on a wave of societal craziness. He'd feature a lot of press conferences as apologies for his previous press conference, etc. A lot of him trying to put out fires by saying something even more outrageous so the last thing didn't matter as much anymore. And then you'd see how his insane suggestions to the legislature would have actually worked better than the "solution" they chose to go with. .....Too soon after Veep?

SCF,

I think they had too bring someone else in. Watching Forte destroy things out of bordom and give himself sorocis of the liver with unrestrained drinking gets boring after a while. I did like him watching "Castaway" in the first episode and loudly declaring he'd never create a "Wilson" then coming into the bar and having twenty different balls as "people".

SCF,

I think they had too bring someone else in. Watching Forte destroy things out of bordom and give himself sorocis of the liver with unrestrained drinking gets boring after a while. I did like him watching "Castaway" in the first episode and loudly declaring he'd never create a "Wilson" then coming into the bar and having twenty different balls as "people".

I understand bringing someone in...but they still could have stretched it out for a couple of episodes, IMO.

The 'Castaway' theme cracked me up.

Finally caught the show. It's okay. Something about the lead is bugging me though.

I did like the plain Jane showing up before the hot chick. I was already thinking how she wasn't too bad for being the only woman in the world. Then January Jones shows up and I'm thinking how I, being the only male (and the President!), should be able to have both. Fake marriage not counting.

The Fallen,

Assuming he remaines the "last man on Earth". Practically speaking, he should be with both women. Inbreeding is quickly going to become a problem and spreading the gene pool as much as possible would be important.

Did none of the surviors have any technical skills? Working to eliminate the need for a "toilet pool" would seem to me to be of growing importance.

Granted, I've never been in Tucson but shouldn't any place where 1,000,000 people lived be fruitful enough to sustain a handful of people?

Tucson is in the American southwest. Arizona to be more precise and it is a desert. (I don't know if you are from the US, I'm just trying to give you an idea of how dry it is.) Average rainfall is about 11.5" a year with possible +100F from May to September. There is a lot of agriculture, but it is sustained by irrigation. The Native Americans used to have a very elaborate irrigation and canal system, but I don't know if it extended all the way down to Tuscan. Besides, all of the rivers are dammed up now and I have no clue how they would work the release of water.

It would make a lot of sense for them to move.

Todd does have only one kidney and no one on Earth, to their knowledge, can do anything if his other kidney fails.

Why would his other kidney fail? There's hundred, if not thousands, of more likely ways for him to die in that unpopulated world.

Archived