A thread for talking sh*t about all the other threads

rocksniffer

when i venture north of the wall to see what topics are hot..i have discovered that many threads are made everyday discussing issues that have been chewed to death over the past few years...

...and since most newcomers don't bother to research the archives, they think their ideas are fresh....well my dear fl00bs, there are very few topics under the sun that kisses dorne, which haven't been chewed to death...

...so this thread is for the discussion of bullshit threads that are created to increase someones post count, prove they know things about the books/shows that the rest of us don't, or just to see their words in print....

...blast away...

...the sniffer is waiting to see what happens...

:smoking:

So your solution to a main board cluttered with topics that have been discussed over and over again is to create a completely meaningless thread to clutter it? I wouldn't call that an improvement.

:rofl:

...and since most newcomers don't bother to research the archives, they think their ideas are fresh....well my dear fl00bs, there are very few topics under the sun that kisses dorne, which haven't been chewed to death...

So... the alternative is just not to post anything until WoW?

Did you see what that thread about direwolves and arms was wearing? Ugh! Attention whore, much? And what about that rule 63 thread? I heard it hooked up with one of the re-read threads, but they're waaay out of it's league. I bet they just felt sorry for it, because it's so fugly.

in b4 Lock!

I see a lot of thread that take an existing theory (usually a well thought out, reasoned, experted crafted theories) and just extend it with a simple "If that can be true then why can't this be true?".

So based on all the hard work of R+L=J we get:

M+L=J

A+L=J

E+L=J

R+L=D

R+lL=M&J

Even though none of these have any logic, in terms of story narrative, character development, or even textual evidence.

in b4 Lock!

I see a lot of thread that take an existing theory (usually a well thought out, reasoned, experted crafted theories) and just extend it with a simple "If that can be true then why can't this be true?".

So based on all the hard work of R+L=J we get:

M+L=J

A+L=J

E+L=J

R+L=D

R+lL=M&J

Even though none of these have any logic, in terms of story narrative, character development, or even textual evidence.

I agree with your point, but I feel like, although still far less likely to be true than R+L=J, and probably reliant on R=M, M+L=J shouldn't be included in this list as there is actually possible evidence to support it in the text

To the OP

As a newbie Ive been coming here on and off for a couple years

I have done a lot of research and reading older threads and theories

and Im not saying all of my ideas are new or fresh maybe none are

but I started to post because I wanted to be part of an active discussion and participate instead of just reading about others ideas

Who the fuck calls other people fl00bs? Especially with 657 posts. Are you the sockpuppet of another member?

Researching the archives, because things have been discussed before? Are you fucking serious? Most of everything discussed now, has been discussed before. Several times. Very little fresh content. So what? Let people who want to discuss things, do so.

Personally, because most things have been discussed to death, I have lost most of my interest in the forum. But new members who are fresh and care more for discussing things keep the forum vibrant and alive. It is also a good thing that to other people issues that I now find boring to explore, they find interesting and worth discussing.

Forum etiquette never seems clear on what to do with threads that have already been made. At least, on other forums I've been to, it seems like if you make a new thread on a topic that's been discussed, people get bitchy. But if you necro an old thread, people also get bitchy. Here could be different, and if that's the case, cool, but it seems as if there is no right answer in most places.

good morning all...just sniffing through to see what has crept out from under these beautiful rocks... :smoking:

Forum etiquette never seems clear on what to do with threads that have already been made. At least, on other forums I've been to, it seems like if you make a new thread on a topic that's been discussed, people get bitchy. But if you necro an old thread, people also get bitchy. Here could be different, and if that's the case, cool, but it seems as if there is no right answer in most places.

when i first joined during the original fl00b waves...i was told that is was better to spend several days reading older threads and resurrecting them if they covered my topic before jumping in and starting a new one...last night for example there were several that all basically were discussing same ideas...i get the impression that many (not all, to be sure) but many don't bother looking beyond page one...

Who the fuck calls other people fl00bs? Especially with 657 posts. Are you the sockpuppet of another member?

Researching the archives, because things have been discussed before? Are you fucking serious? Most of everything discussed now, has been discussed before. Several times. Very little fresh content. So what? Let people who want to discuss things, do so.

Personally, because most things have been discussed to death, I have lost most of my interest in the forum. But new members who are fresh and care more for discussing things keep the forum vibrant and alive. It is also a good thing that to other people issues that I now find boring to explore, they find interesting and worth discussing.

i do...i am a fl00b and proud... :smug:

as for my post count, i spend most of my time south of the wall, aka the misc forum...particularly the games section, and as i am sure you know posts in games don't add to your count...we post just for the joy and fun of it...you know FUN, the reason people seek out a place like Westeros...to enjoy the company of fans, make new friends...i have met people on the board that have now become good friends in real world after meeting up at cons, facebook, etc...

i would never discourage an open discussion of ideas...i was just curious what people in this section of the forum thought about the redundancy i saw on the first two pages of threads last night...so i decided to see if anyone else wanted to discuss that...

...and to stir the pot of course...because that is part of the fun... :devil:

To the OP

As a newbie Ive been coming here on and off for a couple years

I have done a lot of research and reading older threads and theories

and Im not saying all of my ideas are new or fresh maybe none are

but I started to post because I wanted to be part of an active discussion and participate instead of just reading about others ideas

just the fact that you wanted to know what others had said is great...and i am sure your ideas are worth reading...i started posting for the same reason...

...finally welcome...come check out the games section, you might like it... :thumbsup:

Annndddddd close thread.

not so fast we haven't even begun to discuss lannisport yet.... :lmao:

Yep, those people just using Threads to get the post count up make me sick!........ 1,000 POST done!

:cheers: rock on, Bastard... i might get there some day...or i might stop at 999 and never leave our most beloved spamperial world again...

:rofl:

So... the alternative is just not to post anything until WoW?

not at all, this thread was not meant to tell people not to post, but to find a thread that covered their topic and add to that discussion...i get the feeling that some want to control the discussion instead of joining a discussion...

So your solution to a main board cluttered with topics that have been discussed over and over again is to create a completely meaningless thread to clutter it? I wouldn't call that an improvement.

this thread wasn't offered as a solution to anything...it was offered as a place to discuss why you think people start threads without flipping past page one...nothing more...last night for example there were 3 dany threads working one page one, and after reading them i discovered that all were basically about the same topic is dany a crazy racist that is going to go mad, and does that make her more/less sympathetic than stannis...and that prompted my last active brain cell to wonder why...hence the birth of this joyful alternative thread

...and as i always say these are just the opinions of this old asshole...and as always, feel free to disagree...

There is a Thread Thread in General Chatter where total nonsense is allowed. Just saying.

there is and a great thread it is :commie:

everyone should check it out...some of the deepest and most twisted nonsense you will ever find... :commie:

...but if you are saying there is no nonsense here in the vaulted general - ASoIaF i disagree...

...R+L=J vol. 135...just saying

eta: to add the link..or so i thought..well go figure

Archived