Evidences for Hybrids from the Main Series

Mithras

She says nobody has kissed her for a thousand years. I'm not sure she's being literal.

lol no not from that

i think we all believe that she is Maggy the Frog, who married the founder of house Spicer. Who is said to be the grandfather of the current Lord Spicer. And is supposed to be from the east.

im thinking more on the lines of Mel

but doesnt care to glamour her age away

I think GoHH is a human/CotF hybrid. Ran has a neat theory she's a product of Bloodraven and a CotF. The description we get of her really fits.

Never thought about this but it makes great sense. Perhaps Leaf is her mother.

i think we all believe that she is Maggy the Frog, who married the founder of house Spicer. Who is said to be the grandfather of the current Lord Spicer. And is supposed to be from the east.

I don't think this works. Maggy was a well known woman at Lannisport while Cersei was a kid. We know that GHH was friend to Jenny and Duncan, which happened 40-50 years before.

Call me crazy but who was Ghost's father?

I'd bet he's a different father from the other pups.

Heteropaternal superfecundation "Stray dogs can produce litters in which every puppy has a different sire."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfecundation

It's been used in Greek mythology too.

@Mithras LOL I've wondered if Ghost was a result of warg-fucking. There does seem to be something up with albino's in this story. Would take some fantasy rule-bending to achieve that, ha.

Can you link to this? Sounds cool.

It's in one of their youtube video's, sorry i don't know where exactly. They don't go into a huge amount of detail, just that GoHH isn't a CotF because she lacks some of their features (claw hands etc), so they think she's a hybrid. Then they mention Bloodraven and GoHH are albino's, so perhaps GoHH could be a product of BR+CotF.

I met Ran and Linda at WorldCon and we discussed Shiera+Bloodraven=Mel and the above (the two theories are very similar and go hand in hand, centered around red eyes and white skin).

@Mithras -- remember GoHH is called 'Ghost', and Arya brings to attention the eye similarities with GoHH / direwolf.

Mel, Bloodraven, weirwoods, Ghost, Ghost of High Heart all have this red eye/white skin connection.

I think GoHH is a human/CotF hybrid. Ran has a neat theory she's a product of Bloodraven and a CotF. The description we get of her really fits.

Assuming that GoHH is Jenny of Oldstone's woods witch friend (which seems to be a sure thing) -

Jenny claimed her friend was CotF. The size, eyes, and abilities match, but she lacks the claws and dappled skin. She might be employing a glamour. The question I have about the possibility of her being a hybrid is, why claim to be pure CotF? Why not simply claim a CotF parent? What's the motivation behind the deception? (I have honestly never heard anyone provide an explanation. Most simply reject the glamour possibility, so see hybrid as the only possibility left.)

Ghost is very different than other direwolves. It does not seem to act like an animal much. I have always suspected that a being (BR or another CotF greenseer) was inhabitating Ghost from time to time when he acted really weird. But if Ghost is a "son" of BR, it surely means that Ghost is a hybrid creature instead of an ordinary direwolf.

I know that is silly but it is possible that the Durradons and Baratheon after that could be considered as hybrids or at least half humans after Durran's and Elenei's marriage?

Depending on what Elenei was, sure, Durrandons were hybrids. I think Elenei might be a mermaid.

If that is the case, the legend of the Grey King and Durran Godsgrief are very similar.

Assuming that GoHH is Jenny of Oldstone's woods witch friend (which seems to be a sure thing) -

Jenny claimed her friend was CotF. The size, eyes, and abilities match, but she lacks the claws and dappled skin. She might be employing a glamour. The question I have about the possibility of her being a hybrid is, why claim to be pure CotF? Why not simply claim a CotF parent? What's the motivation behind the deception? (I have honestly never heard anyone provide an explanation. Most simply reject the glamour possibility, so see hybrid as the only possibility left.)

Maybe GoHH doesn't know what she is. Jenny might merely drawing her own conclusions too. GoHH has lots in common with CotF, as you point out. Perhaps not a deception, but an excusable mistake. It's not like there's lots of CoTF running round, to make a comparison.

Depending on what Elenei was, sure, Durrandons were hybrids. I think Elenei might be a mermaid.

If that is the case, the legend of the Grey King and Durran Godsgrief are very similar.

Seeing ow Elenei was the daughter of the God of the sea she most possible was a mermaid.

There's a weirwood/human angle too. OK trees are not animals but these have memories, the sap is suspiciously blood-like and there's greenseers/tree-people. It also seems Green Men might be rooted to the spot.

BR said that drinking the weirwood sap will "wed" Bran to the trees. Seven hells, did he mean that literally?

Maybe GoHH doesn't know what she is. Jenny might merely drawing her own conclusions too. GoHH has lots in common with CotF, as you point out. Perhaps not a deception, but an excusable mistake. It's not like there's lots of CoTF running round, to make a comparison.

That would seem to require that she never really knew her CotF parent, though, or she would have noticed the difference and not made the claim (or allowed Jenny to make it). Yet she would still need to know something of CotF appearances. She even went to court, where maesters had the full descriptions available, yet apparently maintained the claim. I'd rate this as possible, but unlikely.

I don't think GoHH wears a glamor because in such cases, George drops a hint that a glamor is present. I don't remember any such clues related to the GoHH.

He tends not to drop those hints right away, though. You don't get any clues about Kirby Maynard Plumm in TMK in the first few scenes you see him. Same with GlamMance. (Other than GlamRattleshirt's dying shrieks.) The whole Duncan/Jenny/GoHH tale is one of the most mysterious, least completely explained stories in the work. There's still time to see GoHH again. And trying to outguess GRRM is risky. He has been known to withhold evidence to increase suspense/drama.

ETA - brain freeze correction

Archived