TTTNE 452: The Spam Ball.

N/A

"Nilsson"? As in Harry Nilsson, Everybody's Talkin' At Me?

He was a pretty fair songwriter back in the day. Wonder what became of him?

And what became of the Spam? Not only was it on p.2 - it deeep down almost to half way!!

Yeah he's one of my big influences

He got in a screaming match with John Lennon and blew his voice out; never was the same again, kinda broke his heart. Died in 94 due to heart trouble

Yeah he's one of my big influences

He got in a screaming match with John Lennon and blew his voice out; never was the same again, kinda broke his heart. Died in 94 due to heart trouble

One of the many geniuses of that era who went off the rails for one reason or another and never reached their potential. So tragic.

Think I have the flu :bawl:

I must share this here since I can spoiler it so people can avoid it, but like all nightmares, it needs to be excised so I can get past it.

Background: I read a book today called "Freak the Mighty" made me cry my eyes out

Then I finished up "Good Omens" and then I dozed off.

I had also been trying to read my FB news feed (but I was too unfocused)

While napping I had the most horrible dream (don't read if you take dreams any kind of seriously)

In my news feed was the information that a certain beloved author had died.(not Ser Terry)

I woke up with more tears, feeling like my heart had been torn out. It was gut wrenching.

I still feel very upset over this, even though I know it wasn't true, and the books I was reading caused the dream

Lany. :grouphug:

Spam on page 2 once again, I wonder what the night shift is doing. :P

It is so weird to be home home. Yesterday the first few hours felt more like I was only a visit with my parents and the valonqar. And today in the early morning, I woke up suddenly because I thought I heard somebody opening my door. :shocked:

I expected I would be way more excited to be home, but then I realised I lacked nothing there. :lol:

Think I have the flu :bawl:

I must share this here since I can spoiler it so people can avoid it, but like all nightmares, it needs to be excised so I can get past it.

Background: I read a book today called "Freak the Mighty" made me cry my eyes out

Then I finished up "Good Omens" and then I dozed off.

I had also been trying to read my FB news feed (but I was too unfocused)

While napping I had the most horrible dream (don't read if you take dreams any kind of seriously)

In my news feed was the information that a certain beloved author had died.(not Ser Terry)

I woke up with more tears, feeling like my heart had been torn out. It was gut wrenching.

I still feel very upset over this, even though I know it wasn't true, and the books I was reading caused the dream

Get better LC!. Hopefully your dreams don't usually come true, or that's kind of scary. Maybe it was just a mixture of your reading material and your flu like symptoms?

Once again, get better! Lots of fluids and rest to you!

Passed a horrible night, but the doctor says it is not flu, just strep :(

Lany. :grouphug:

Spam on page 2 once again, I wonder what the night shift is doing. :P

It is so weird to be home home. Yesterday the first few hours felt more like I was only a visit with my parents and the valonqar. And today in the early morning, I woke up suddenly because I thought I heard somebody opening my door. :shocked:

I expected I would be way more excited to be home, but then I realised I lacked nothing there. :lol:

I always found it really weird cming home too

Get better LC!. Hopefully your dreams don't usually come true, or that's kind of scary. Maybe it was just a mixture of your reading material and your flu like symptoms?

Once again, get better! Lots of fluids and rest to you!

I ws thinking the same combination of things too

Thanks. Doc sys I shpud b e feeling better by monday. I certainly hope so

Passed a horrible night, but the doctor says it is not flu, just strep :(

I always found it really weird cming home too

I ws thinking the same combination of things too

Thanks. Doc sys I shpud b e feeling better by monday. I certainly hope so

:grouphug:

I hope you get better asap. Are you taking antibiotics?

I had strep last week and the stomach flu the week before :lol: somehow I managed to only miss one day of work. But that's when my mom decided to throw a tantrum and cut her trip a month short. Lovely.

Hopefully your fellas are pampering you and helping you get better :)

How is the substituting going? I imagine it will really start to pick up in the next few weeks until school is out.

Since there is already some talk about GOT happening here and there, we, that is king Crannog and myself, think this might be a good moment for a traditional warning about spoilers during the season of the TV show. Here goes:

*sits on throne*

*clears throat*

*unfolds scroll of parchment*

We know that we are patiently or impatiently awaiting the start of the new season of a certain famous TV show, the fifth season of which is soon to air. However, there are a few reasons for why we have to have a policy about spoilers in regards to it: Not everybody gets to see the show at the same time. Not everybody even wants to see the show because, and this is where things are different from the previous seasons, the show might start to overtake the books and reveal information that has not yet appeared in the books. For this reason in particular, we think it is reasonable to set some stricter rules about spoilers because a spoiler might not only spoil the next episode of the TV show for somebody, but also the next book. And we sure do not want this, do we?

As a first rule, I recommend that if you want to discuss the TV show, you do so in the part of the forum dedicated to it. The rules about spoilers are different there and it is allowed to discuss an episode openly as soon as it airs in America. So that is the first place for the discussion of the TV show.

If you feel that you absolutely must talk about it in TTTNE, we expect that all information about the TV show be hidden within spoiler tags in posts made until a month after the airing of the last episode of the season. All information that might be revealing of TWOW or ADOS must be hidden in spoiler tags until the respective books are published.

»On mobile, cannot do spoiler tags« is not an excuse.

If you see a post containing a spoiler not hidden in a spoiler tag:

Do not quote the part of the post with the spoiler. If you have to respond to some other unrelated thing in the post, delete the spoilery part from the quote. If you are only quoting so that the person gets the notification*, delete the whole content of the post and just leave the headline.

Ask the person to edit spoiler tags into their post in the next post you make or in PM, or even better, use the report button. All you have to write in the report form is »TV show spoiler in a spoiler-free forum« or a similar phrase. The first mod to see it will take care of it (I do not believe this will get anybody into real trouble, they will probably just delete the spoilery post) and we can keep enjoying this place spoiler-free.

*Notifications are still not working properly though, so you cannot be sure the person will see it anyway.

We hope everybody who chooses to watch the season enjoys it and enjoys discussing it too. We hope everybody who decides to stay away from it manages to stay as unspoiled as they want to be. Most of all, we hope that the forum does not crash too much during the airing of the episodes and we can all enjoy chatting here as we have for he last 451 threads. Thank you for your attention.

*folds parchment*

*descends throne*

Continue with your regularly scheduled spam, if you please. :)

I've never owned a smart phone, because I'm a cheap bastard, so I can never use the "on mobile, can't do spoiler tags" excuse.

But even without a smart phone, I am disinclined to spoil anything for anyone. I've never understood the desire to ruin the experience for another of such fine storytelling.

And go ahead and make fun of me about the phone thing, but I spent 90 euro for over a year and a half to use my phone. I know people that spend 70 to 120 euro a MONTH. I think I win. When the wife kicks off her photography career, we'll probably get her one so she can, you know, look professional and all that. But I'm an IT person, and I don't have one. But one of my top 5 pet peeves is that people don't know how to communicate face to face any more. When I see a man on a date with an absolutely beautiful woman, at a sit down candle light type dinner, and he's looking down in his lap at his phone...cringe.

Not sure where all that came from, but yeah. No spoilers people. It's rude. :D

your words are my command, oh Queen of my heart...and the spammy boglands....

as a comment on the spoiler potential...i can't wait to know what the fuck is going to happen...and i won't mind knowing what is coming when the books come out. just as i didn't when the show first started...such as the death of main characters...the show is the show and the books are the books and neither ruins the other, in my opinion...

and of course we will learn that Jon was really ned's basterd all along by a sweet serving girl with big breasts...and all the energy spent wondering about it was for naught... :commie:

*royal speech*

Aye aye, cap'n.

and of course we will learn that Jon was really ned's basterd all along by a sweet serving girl with big breasts...and all the energy spent wondering about it was for naught... :commie:

That might be worth it just to see Gen. ASOIAF explode :P

I've never owned a smart phone, because I'm a cheap bastard, so I can never use the "on mobile, can't do spoiler tags" excuse.

But even without a smart phone, I am disinclined to spoil anything for anyone. I've never understood the desire to ruin the experience for another of such fine storytelling.

And go ahead and make fun of me about the phone thing, but I spent 90 euro for over a year and a half to use my phone. I know people that spend 70 to 120 euro a MONTH. I think I win. When the wife kicks off her photography career, we'll probably get her one so she can, you know, look professional and all that. But I'm an IT person, and I don't have one. But one of my top 5 pet peeves is that people don't know how to communicate face to face any more. When I see a man on a date with an absolutely beautiful woman, at a sit down candle light type dinner, and he's looking down in his lap at his phone...cringe.

i ain't laughing my friend i am saluting...not only do i not have a smart phone i don't have a cell phone at all. my nieces all spend between 75 and 150 dollars per month for phone... i tell them "do you know how many cocktails that is..."

and i couldn't agree more people don't know how to act around each other. my pet peeve is people checking out of a store or market. at least have the courtesy to acknowledge the clerk with eye contact and your undivided attention. what does it take a minute...perhaps two...i have spoken rudely to people who act like a clerk, that has been standing on his/her feet all day waiting on assholes like that and are expected to remain polite and upbeat, is no different than an ATM machine...and for a person at a table eating a meal with someone else who has to keep looking at phone, touching phone....well they should take phone home and eat by the light of their screen saver, because they don't deserve the company of another human being...particularly a beautiful woman...<steps off soap box>

...just the opinion of this salty old fucker...

:smoking:

Aye aye, cap'n.

That might be worth it just to see Gen. ASOIAF explode :P

:lmao: a popcorn moment if ever there was one...in fact i would have to finally hook computer to big screen just to enjoy the bloodletting at 1080dpi

Technologically literate, socially illiterate young people FTW! :D

FWIW, the reason so many people spend so much money on phones has more to do with financial illiteracy on their part than the phone themselves. You can get a good smartphone these days with data, calls and texts for <£100 per year in the UK if you know what you're doing. US is a little more expensive, but you can still do it for $250 ish per year. Probably less if you know where to look.

ETA: If you're interested, let me know, and I'll show you where to look and what to look for. :)

Technologically literate, socially illiterate young people FTW! :D

FWIW, the reason so many people spend so much money on phones has more to do with financial illiteracy on their part than the phone themselves. You can get a good smartphone these days with data, calls and texts for <£100 per year in the UK if you know what you're doing. US is a little more expensive, but you can still do it for $250 ish per year. Probably less if you know where to look.

i think you can get them here for like 10 or 15 dollars per month with limited bells and whistles, but i refused the one they all got together and got me from AARP...and it was going to be free. i just don't feel the need to be in contact every second of every day...i am a hermit if truth be known...i even enjoy going to my beach house where i have no internet/cable just an old stereo and local tv...but i do have an ice maker

...i'm not a total barbarian ;)

Have a funny Vikingy backflip.

I really do not believe any of the regular posters would intentionally spoil anything for anybody. We are all polite and well-behaved people here. (Not counting an occasional troll here and there, who usually get banned quickly.) But when people are excited, things might slip off their fingers. ;) The warning is more to prevent such accidents, they way I see it. It has become somewhat traditional in the past few years too.

And why would anybody want to make fun of you? I do not have a smartphone either, despite being of the younger generation. It took me more than 4 years to figure out how to log into wifi on my current phone. I currently have two phones because I have recently moved to another country and after a month, I have not yet bothered to change the ringtone and screensaver background on the newer one. :blushing: I really do not use it much.

your words are my command, oh Queen of my heart...and the spammy boglands....

One of these days I shall take care of having you knighted, as a thank you for flattering me so nicely. :P

Aye aye, cap'n.

*salutes*

and i couldn't agree more people don't know how to act around each other. my pet peeve is people checking out of a store or market. at least have the courtesy to acknowledge the clerk with eye contact and your undivided attention. what does it take a minute...perhaps two...i have spoken rudely to people who act like a clerk, that has been standing on his/her feet all day waiting on assholes like that and are expected to remain polite and upbeat, is no different than an ATM machine...and for a person at a table eating a meal with someone else who has to keep looking at phone, touching phone....well they should take phone home and eat by the light of their screen saver, because they don't deserve the company of another human being...particularly a beautiful woman...<steps off soap box>

:lol: You are funny, sniffer.

And yes, I am annoyed too when I am sitting with some people and suddenly nobody is speaking anymore, but tapping on their phones.

I did not use even 10 euros for phone talks and messages last month ... I have been talking to the family by skype mostly.

i think you can get them here for like 10 or 15 dollars per month with limited bells and whistles, but i refused the one they all got together and got me from AARP...and it was going to be free. i just don't feel the need to be in contact every second of every day...i am a hermit if truth be known...i even enjoy going to my beach house where i have no internet/cable just an old stereo and local tv...but i do have an ice maker

Going without internet for a while is an extraordinarily liberating experience. *nods* Sadly not possible most of the time.

Technologically literate, socially illiterate young people FTW! :DFWIW, the reason so many people spend so much money on phones has more to do with financial illiteracy on their part than the phone themselves. You can get a good smartphone these days with data, calls and texts for <£100 per year in the UK if you know what you're doing. US is a little more expensive, but you can still do it for $250 ish per year. Probably less if you know where to look.ETA: If you're interested, let me know, and I'll show you where to look and what to look for. :)

I pay £12.50 per month for my phone contract. It's an older model smart phone, but I get unlimited texts, unlimited minutes and 1 GB Internet. Oh, and I got a free Samsung tablet too. Budgeting!

Archived