Acrophobia #16 - Updated House Words

yomi

ROUND 1

House Stark

Letters - DTTW

Let us start with the first* house we met back in A Game of Thrones, House Stark. There house words, "Winter is Coming", were pretty good, primarily a warning that the Westerosi had better listened to, but maybe also a subtle threat that the time of the Starks, the Kings of Winter, is coming. However, A Dance with Dragons ended with Kevan seeing a white raven. And while it may well be that none of the surving Starks received such a raven, too, its message should be obvious enough due to the weather: Winter is not coming anymore. Winter is there.

Here's the amazing amount of seventeen entries:

1. Divided, Turmoil. Together, Winners.

2. Direwolves Treading Telegraph Winter.

3. Doggedly Trudging Troubled Winds.

4. Destined to Triumphantly Warg.

5. Don't Tease the Wolves.

6. Direwolves Triumphantly Tinkle Weirwoods.

7. Divided Today, Tomorrow Winning.

8. Dreaming To Tame Winter.

9. Dangerous to Taunt Winter.

10. Don’t Tread through Winter.

11. Dire Tenacity Through Winter.

12. Damn Two Timing Weasels.

13. Destined to Trump Winter.

14. Damned To The Winter.

15. Distinctly TOLD Threat Winter

16. Death Toll to Witness.

17. Devastation Toughens True Wolves.

Please vote till Thursday, 26th March, 10 am Central European time.

1. <Submission #> Best house word suggestion

2. <Submission #> Second best house word suggestion

3. <Submission #> Third best house word suggestion

ROUND 2

House Arryn

Letters - NJVOYI

There is no explicit mention of winter in the Arryn house words, "As High as Honor", but the change of seasons has an impact on their correctness nevertheless. Ice and snow forced the currently last Arryn to leave the Eyrie, his seat high in the Mountains of the Moon, and descend to the low floor of the Vale. Besides I'm not sure if Lord Sweetrobin has yet understood the meaning of the word honor...

Please submit your next entry till Thursday, 26th March, 10 am Central European time.

Four letters was tough, but holy moly, 17 entries! Getting votes is going to be tough, guys....

1st. 11. Dire Tenacity Through Winter. Because they sound like House words

2nd. 8. Dreaming To Tame Winter. Because it ties in nicely with Bran

3rd. 5. Don't Tease the Wolves. Because it almost identical to one of my submissions

4th. 14. Damned To The Winter. Because this one sounds like House words as well

I should have gone with my funny one instead. :(

1. 15. Distinctly TOLD Threat Winter I was trying to find a way to get "I told you so" from those letters and couldn't figure it out. Hat's off to you ser or madam.

2. 1. Divided, Turmoil. Together, Winners. Ned's words come back to us. Well done!

3. 5. Don't Tease the Wolves. Very good. Rather on par with the signs warning people not to feed bears.

HMs to 13, 14, and 17. Almost put 17 in the top three.

#1 5. Don't Tease the Wolves.

#2 12. Damn Two Timing Weasels.
#3 17. Devastation Toughens True Wolves.

I love the Stark words and see it as simply stating the dour world view ot tough northerners from a tough climate - don't get too happy or feckless or celebrate Spring because winter is always gonna come.

It is very Cold Comfort Farm.

damn some of these rock...lots to choose from but here goes

first - #4...Destined to Triumphantly Warg. i dig this because it didn't go for winter or wolves...and because i believe the starks can warg even if they don't realize it...so you all know what that means...ned warged into ilyn payne...

second - #1...Divided, Turmoil. Together, Winners. i like this and wish i had thought of it...

third - #17...Devastation Toughens True Wolves. also really outstanding even though it went for wolves...

fourth - #5...Don't Tease the Wolves. because it is true

congrats to everyone for making it seem easy....

eta: cause i got confused....

Considering the large amount of entries, I would like to propose these new voting systems starting with round two:

• 1-5 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry
  • 6-10 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry
  • 11-15 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry, 1 point for your third favourite entry
  • 16-20 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry, 1 point each for your third and your fourth favourite entry
  • 21-25 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry, 1 point each for your third, fourth and fifth favourite entry

What do you think? Do you like the idea? Do you think I should just stay with the current system? Do you like the idea in principal but prefer changes of the details?

Considering the large amount of entries, I would like to propose these new voting systems starting with round two:

• 1-5 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry

6-10 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry

11-15 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry, 1 point for your third favourite entry

16-20 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry, 1 point each for your third and your fourth favourite entry

21-25 entries: 3 points for your favourite entry, 2 points for your second favourite entry, 1 point each for your third, fourth and fifth favourite entry

What do you think? Do you like the idea? Do you think I should just stay with the current system? Do you like the idea in principal but prefer changes of the details?

I like the sound of these changes, they will make my inevitable last place even greater

1st) 3. Doggedly Trudging Troubled Winds.

2nd) 1. Divided, Turmoil. Together, Winners.

3rd) 11. Dire Tenacity Through Winter.

Good quality and numbers make it hard to choose. That's a good thing! :)

EDIT: if we're voting for a fourth

4th) 17. Devastation Toughens True Wolves.

Archived