Remnants of the Patrimony of Hyrkoon

naseridrl

Are Bayasabhad, Shamyriana and Kayakayanaya superficially like a reverse Sparta. In that all the women go and fight and its the men left behind to keep the state running and to do the work and raise the family?

Are the women in those fort cities/states a bit like the Nights Watch (without so much forsaking)? The women are dedicated to the function of defence and war and the men do everything else? Or at least the eunuch men? Do those women have babies and then hand them over to the fathers to raise?

Well according to the Worldbook it makes it sound like only the Great Fathers have children, and every single other male in the entire city (at least those living there) are all castrated. Which is silly, since it wouldn't really work so I'm more inclined to think that it's more likely that it's just that all the rulers' sons who don't end up ruling themselves are castrated. And I see no reason why the warrior women have to be dedicated completely and utterly to the defense of the cities to the exclusion of everything else; I see no reason to believe they wouldn't have families and husbands of their own. So I don't think it's anything like the Night's Watch.

But the fact remains that we just know far too little about the area to answer your questions.

I don't think they are like Night's Watch. Great Fathers make up the %1 of male population and they rule the cities, women make war and eunuchs run the daily life. I don't think women are always fighting. They definetely have hubbies, as they still have a population lol (looking at you Asshai)

I think reverse Sparta is a good call.

Archived