Small Questions v. 10098

Rhaenys_Targaryen

^But then why not say that when Cersei looses her power? Pycelle thought Tyrell was going to have him killed for saying it, and he still kept to his story. He tells Kevin he only told Cersei because she threatened him, he didn't say he lied.

Because he would implicate himself in treason, Marge is the queen? I don't know, I'm not saying this absolutely means something, I'm just saying that knowing GRRM, it is reasonable to find this interesting.

^Not a small question, unfortunately we do not know. Some will tell you she was getting it for her friends, this of course makes no sense. I've seen it written that it was to trap Cersei, again not a fully logical theory. Others will tell you Pycelle did lie, though his statement to Kevin in the epilogue indicates otherwise. Past that we can only speculate, there is about a dozen knights it could have been.

As to the epilogue... Might it be possible that Mace knows what the moon tea was truly for, and thus knows how Pycelle has twisted the truth in Cersei's favor?

^Not a small question, unfortunately we do not know. Some will tell you she was getting it for her friends, this of course makes no sense. I've seen it written that it was to trap Cersei, again not a fully logical theory. Others will tell you Pycelle did lie, though his statement to Kevin in the epilogue indicates otherwise. Past that we can only speculate, there is about a dozen knights it could have been.

I can't remember if it's spelled out just how moon tea works, but one could suppose it's used for reasons outside of preventing a pregnancy. Similar to how hormonal birth control can be used by people who aren't sexually active to regulate their period. If Margaery has some sort of hormonal/menstrual problems she could potentially be using moon tea to treat it.

I can't remember if it's spelled out just how moon tea works, but one could suppose it's used for reasons outside of preventing a pregnancy. Similar to how hormonal birth control can be used by people who aren't sexually active to regulate their period. If Margaery has some sort of hormonal/menstrual problems she could potentially be using moon tea to treat it.

Moon tea is supposed to be a poisonous mix... Assuming that GRRM uses real-life tansy for his tansy substance in the moon tea. Look at Hoster what happens when you drink too much of it.

In real-life, hormonal solutions to prevent pregnancy, came very late.. developments started around 1950ties... herbal mixtures, however, were used often, with various results. In fact, hormones were only discovered in early 1900ties.. Westeros is a medieval period, they won't know hormones yet.

Perhaps GRRM's moon tea has some other use, besides preventing and terminating pregnancies.. But my guess is that the chances of it being an hormonal solution, are not that high..

So how much land and people does the average Lord lord over?

This is pure conjecture. If the average lord can field 1000 men then that is 100'000 people. (1% levying for armies). Population density is a tricky one. Since Dorne and the North are pretty empty, while the Reach is pretty much pure people, estimates are hard.

Given the size of Westeros is 9.3 million square miles and the population is 40 mil (http://www.quora.com/How-big-is-Westeros-compared-to-our-world). That works out to be 4.3 per square mile. 100'000/4.3=23255 square miles.

So in total there would be around 400 major lords. Some with way larger lands, and some with way smaller. We know of about 350 houses iirc, so that 400 number is easily reached by making some lords more powerful.

Idk maybe no one likes blood oranges?

I'm sure some people do, but I bought one by mistake the other day thinking it was a normal orange. It really freaked me out at first. Eventually I gathered up the courage to bite into it, but didn't really care for it.

I'm sure some people do, but I bought one by mistake the other day thinking it was a normal orange. It really freaked me out at first. Eventually I gathered up the courage to bite into it, but didn't really care for it.

Wait til you see your grandmother trying to make orange juice out of mandarins/tangerines. Citrus are too confusing!

re: the blood orange thing (my phone won't do quotes for some reason)

I had a crazy thought that maybe they weren't being picked because there's no one to pick them. Like I have this thought that somewhere in the world of ice and fire it said that the dornish plain disappeared once before, ie went into hiding. Maybe dorans sent a major force to essos and others into hiding leaving the bare minimum. I don't know where that thought came from it was just an entertaining thought.

Archived