Small Questions v. 10098

Rhaenys_Targaryen

The Mander has its source in hills near Tumbleton in the northeastern Reach near King's Landing. Flowing southwest past Bitterbridge,it meets the Blueburn near Longtable and then the Cockleswhent near Cider Hall. Near Highgarden the Mander meets an as-yet-unnamed river which flows south from Goldengrove. From Highgarden the Mander continues west to a bay of the Sunset Sea near the Shield Islands.

It's unknown

Sorry if it had already been explained but I never saw it and I can't understand: who did raid Saltpans? Not the Hound, he was deadly wounded.

Why everyone seems to be sure it's him? Who was instead?

thanks a lot!

You mean the Blueburn?

But a burn is no river. ;-)

No, but thanks for the input.

It amazes me that people have been living near this river for 1,000 of years, but no one has bothered to name it.

It will have a name that has neither made it to the map nor to TWoIaF in time for printing.

It must be a pretty slow river then.

eta: I guess it is called the Backwaters.

Sorry if it had already been explained but I never saw it and I can't understand: who did raid Saltpans? Not the Hound, he was deadly wounded.

thanks a lot!

Rorge, wearing Sandor's helm.

thanks a lot!

People believed it was the Hound, because the person raiding Saltpans was wearing the Hound's helmet. The helmet had been found by Rorge, who would later wear it when running into Brienne of Tarth.

thanks a lot!

Is it not the remnant of the Brave Companions/Bloody Mummers? One of them has Sandor's helm and thats why people think its him.

Edit; yes, it's the remainder of the BC/BM and the one who has Sandor's helm is Rorge.

Rorge, wearing Sandor's helm.

People believed it was the Hound, because the person raiding Saltpans was wearing the Hound's helmet. The helmet had been found by Rorge, who would later wear it when running into Brienne of Tarth.

Is it not the remnant of the Brave Companions/Bloody Mummers? One of them has Sandor's helm and thats why people think its him.

Edit; yes, it's the remainder of the BC/BM and the one who has Sandor's helm is Rorge.

Thanks a lot! I kept missing the point!

Well until a certain pink priest started large scale conversions in the Riverlands, the disciples of R'hllor were pretty much limited to the ports, no? I mean the only red temples were in Oldtown and Planky Town, right? I expect the BWB will be opposed by the faith, but the BWB is likely to fall in with Daenerys and the faith is likely to support Aegon.

Just wondered whether I had forgot about reading it, but why doesn't the Faith seem to mind about the red priests converting Westeros to the Lord of Light? I don't remember them ever having once denounced the blasphemers, or done anything to stop the tide of conversion.

The High Septon is against Stannis and his love for the lord of the light.

Also the smallfolk don't like Thoros praying

Not sure if this has been answered.

Why did Catelyn go to King's Landing instead of just sending Ser Rodrik?

Here it is...

"I'll go," Robb said.

"No," she told him. "Your place is here. There must always be a Stark in Winterfell." She looked at Ser Rodrik with his great white whiskers, at Maester Luwin in his grey robes, at young Greyjoy, lean and dark and impetuous. Who to send? Who would be believed? Then she knew. Catelyn struggled to push back the blankets, her bandaged fingers as stiff and unyielding as stone. She climbed out of bed. "I must go myself."

Catelyn III, Game 14

Archived