BWB Scotland 10th November meet!

Guys, I really need to check. Charlotte is performing in Glasgow on Friday night and Saturday night. I'm just really not sure about having lots of folk to stay on the friday when she's going to be getting back through from Glasgow late at night then having to go through and perform the next day too. I know that if I pushed I'm sure she would say it's ok, and she would probably be annoyed that I've brought it up here, but I'd feel kind of bad.

Give me a couple of days and I'll see. It might be fine to have 2 or 3 people here. Really it might. But i'm just not sure about a big crowd. I'll discuss it with Charlotte.

Cheers Zak :D It's no problem, I'm sure, to find a hostel to crash in so there's no need to put any pressure on the lovely Ms Z... let us know and I'm sure we can form a group for booking something :)

Cheers Zak :D It's no problem, I'm sure, to find a hostel to crash in so there's no need to put any pressure on the lovely Ms Z... let us know and I'm sure we can form a group for booking something :)

I'm due a trip to Scotland at some point in the near future, so will try and make it coincide :) ( we all know I fail at meets though)

I know Si is in the middle of moving house, so I wouldn't rely on him for accomodation, guys. Think if we do it, hostel is best bet. You know how these things spiral..

I'm due a trip to Scotland at some point in the near future, so will try and make it coincide :) ( we all know I fail at meets though)

I know Si is in the middle of moving house, so I wouldn't rely on him for accomodation, guys. Think if we do it, hostel is best bet. You know how these things spiral..

*nods* about the spiralling out of control :) It would be great to see you needle - maybe if we do get a hostel booked then there is more chance of meeting up at some point over 24 hours ;) Once we know how many are coming then we can sort something out - what about the place you all stayed in back in January? :unsure:

I really do think that we (assuming I make it up) should look into getting a hostel sorted. The one we stayed in when we had the Ceilidh meet up was pretty decent. Think Needle should have details of that (was possibly a backpackers?).

Its not really fair on Zak or Vestrit as they have things happening over that week/weekend.

Well, if there's as many of us as it seems there will be, I've got to agree Sean. Nobody should be feeling they have to put people up anyway. :)

If needle still has details of the place we used before, I think that would serve the purpose well... otherwise I can look into booking something.

OK, I went and looked up the hostel details from the old thread. Looks like we can get a multiperson dorm for 6 or 8 for about £15 per person on the Friday night. How many people are up for it? Sign up here and I'll book on my credit card.

Thanks guys. :) I do feel kind of bad. But it's just not really the best weekend for us. Charlotte would probably be fine with 1 or 2 people but I know that performing can be a bit stressful - and she has a performance that night and then the night after. It may actually be fine and she might come and join us if she's not too tired on Friday or Saturday day. :) But i would just have felt guilty having a group to stay on the friday.

Hey i'm tempted to come and stay the night in the hostel too :) Hmm will think about it.

Incidentally Si asked me to pass this email on. He's without broadband at home atm and is having worries over the Board and work

As I said at lunch, I think there may be an issue at work about me posting from there. My appraisal is coming up soon and I guess I'll find out then. As a result I'm not posting from work in the meantime, although I am logging in maybe once a day to scan but again, not spending much time at all. Also, I'm catching up with stuff from when I was away, so am quite busy anyway.

I'm not doing the boards from home at the moment cos our broadband is down for a couple of weeks and, anyway, we're knee-deep in boxes, so endeavouring to actually see our new flat's floor is a bit more pressing than spending the evenings checking the boards.

Just so they know that my absence is to do with those things, not anything else. I'll get back to being a properly contributing member of the cult commune board as soon as possible.

Regarding 10 November, I haven't talked to Ju yet about putting people up, so I'll get back about that. I'm looking forward to seeing folk, although I won't be around on the Sunday cos I've got training.

Aoife

I'm definitely in. It's just the Friday, right? Or is there something Thursday and/or Saturday as well?

Definitely not for me on Thursday. I'm working all day on Friday (a full day video conferencing session - which for some reason always seem to be Fridays :( ).

There's nothing planned for Saturday atm.

>>Thanks guys. smiley2.gif I do feel kind of bad. But it's just not really the best weekend for us.>>

I don't see how you should feel bad about this at all. Sometimes things suit you and sometimes they simply don't. There is no such thing as an obligatory sacrifice of your private life.

Wish Charlotte good luck from me!

Get a hostel, as long as you remember that it's a hostel and not an apothecary! ;)

Not sure what I'm doing vis a vis this or amsterdam yet as i lack decision making skills.

If you can flatten Edinburgh I'll be there :P

N

Can't say much other than what Z and others already have - BwB's about fun, not obligation. (And break a leg to Charlotte!) Besides, if we trash a hostel we can walk away from it, which you just can't do with someone's house. :P

Right, well I'll plan on being around Friday night and Saturday day, and if something comes up for Saturday night I'll just bitch about missing it. :P

Zak: you know it's no problem. :) And tell Si the same. Hell, the hostel thing is fun. :P

So, for the Friday night, so far we're looking at:

Maid Sansa

me

Aoife

tenalpia

Bran

as definites for the hostel, and several more possibles? I'll book the 8-bed dorm tomorrow if we can sort out a couple more... that should give us enough room for up to four more people, which given the number of possibles sounds healthier than two. (And if we get more, we'll try to get one of the smaller rooms too.)

Nothing happening Thursday as far as MS and I are concerned either, by the way. Saturday, possibly.

Thanks Mormont - that sounds like an excellent plan! I can only manage Friday night and maybe part of Saturday day due to not wanting to push my luck with the parents :unsure::unsure:

Zak - wish Charlotte luck from me and I would never want you to feel bad for not being able to put me up - there are always other options and it is just good that you will be there to brighten up the evening ;)

Chal - Edinburgh may not be flat but why worry when we can just find a seat in a pub and stay there :D (PLEASE come and join us it would be great to see you again :) )

Archived