BWB Scotland 10th November meet!

Oh I should ask - is there still floor space going, or are we looking for a hostel, or wha? The flights I can manage to decide for myself, but the rest I'm dependent upon you all for guidance. :P

So far it looks like there's me, Bran and you asking about accommodation - don't know if we need a hostel 'til we get a reply from Zak / Vestrit... :kiss: Either they're not checking in or they've got no room :unsure:

You, madam, are clearly not a student of the classics. ;) (And you haven't looked closely at the av, George doesn't have eyes that cool. :P )

Well I'm sooooooooooooooorry, but I do think George Michael every time I see it. Bugger the classics :P

I wish it had been Glasgow, I might have made it :unsure:

edinburgh has all the snotty people, apparently.

True fact - the patron saint of Edinburgh is also the patron saint of lepers.

However, the patron saint of Glasgow is also the patron saint of vagrants. :P

niamh: fair enough, it is a very '80s suit. ;)

And vaguely back on topic, there are places MS and I can crash too but like Bran they'd be with people who will not likely be out with us, so I might just spring for a room if none of the Edinburgh BwB can help out.

Glasgow and Edinburgh are really close (about 4o mins on the train), Niamh.

If you can get to Glasgow, surely you can make it to Edinburgh? :P

My geography of over the wall is pretty shaky :unsure:

You offer a compelling argument though ;)

See, it's like this:

Oct 30th: London, DG memorial service

Nov 3-5: Glasgow Tolkien moot

Nov 5-11: Edinburgh GRRM piss-up

Not sure how I can make all of that without winning the lotto :|

Guys, I really need to check. Charlotte is performing in Glasgow on Friday night and Saturday night. I'm just really not sure about having lots of folk to stay on the friday when she's going to be getting back through from Glasgow late at night then having to go through and perform the next day too. I know that if I pushed I'm sure she would say it's ok, and she would probably be annoyed that I've brought it up here, but I'd feel kind of bad.

Give me a couple of days and I'll see. It might be fine to have 2 or 3 people here. Really it might. But i'm just not sure about a big crowd. I'll discuss it with Charlotte.

Archived