The Glorious Comeuppance Thread

Kelli Fury

So a few years ago I run into an old acquaintance that had screwed me over royally in the past. I won't get into the details but suffice to say he dishonored my family. He acted like nothing had ever happened, and sat the next bar stool over and got really drunk. At this point, I told him "Hey, I've got a couple bottles of Pliny the Elder back at my place." He enthusiastically begged to try one.

So we go back to my dad's house, and down to the basement where we keep the good beer. The old acquaintance is giddy with anticipation and totally wasted. When we get to the closet in the basement, I chain him to the wall and start filling in the doorway with the bricks and mortar I had waiting there. As far as I know, he's still down there to this day.

Next you're going to tell us how the telltale heart led to your arrest

Not exactly revenge, and I've told this story here before, but it basically fits the theme of the thread:

My first boyfriend, age 19, treated me like crap for several months then dumped me, causing many subsequent hangups re relationships etc in the grand old Bad First Boyfriend tradition.

Anyway, many years later and long after I'd got over this, he tracks me down on FB and proceeds to be creepy until I get fed up and defriend him again. Cue MUCH abject begging for me to "give him another chance" and a number of re-friending attempts until I hit the Block button. TWO YEARS later, one final message: "Over it. Your loss. Bye!" - I laughed and laughed. Serves you right for cheating on and then dumping me in 1995, asshole!

This thread isn't that good; there is only one good thing in life, and that is love.

Nice sentiment, but there are many good things in life other than love. Love can be fickle. There are more trustworthy things in life than love.

In high school, my friends and I made/bought our own traffic cones/road closure signs, and frequently used them to closedown one particular residential cul-de-sac. I honestly can't remember the exact reason of why it started, but the closedown war lasted four years. There were no casualties, but many people were annoyed beyond belief. In the fourth and last year of the war, one glorious night we actually established and manned a checkpoint into the cul-de-sac. It only lasted about an hour before we were forced to abandon our post.

Some kids teepeed houses, some doorbell ditched their neighbors, and others ordered pizzas to those they despised. Those who slighted us had the unfortunate fate of having to suffer through a temporary closedown of their residential street.

Nice sentiment, but there are many good things in life other than love. Love can be fickle. There are more trustworthy things in life than love.

I don't know if you're kidding so I'll bite, it's a De Maupassant quote.

See below

This thread has become my new favorite thing. If we could just throw some de Maupassant references in here, it would be perfect.

If you are kidding and I'm just sarcasm-blind, please ignore.

I don't know if you're kidding so I'll bite, it's a De Maupassant quote.

See below

If you are kidding and I'm just sarcasm-blind, please ignore.

Nope, your Guy de M posts made the thread stellar. :D

In high school, my friends and I made/bought our own traffic cones/road closure signs, and frequently used them to closedown one particular residential cul-de-sac. I honestly can't remember the exact reason of why it started, but the closedown war lasted four years. There were no casualties, but many people were annoyed beyond belief. In the fourth and last year of the war, one glorious night we actually established and manned a checkpoint into the cul-de-sac. It only lasted about an hour before we were forced to abandon our post.

Some kids teepeed houses, some doorbell ditched their neighbors, and others ordered pizzas to those they despised. Those who slighted us had the unfortunate fate of having to suffer through a temporary closedown of their residential street.

You sound like you were an awful person in high school

Archived