iZombie on the CW

MisterOJ

This show has really surprised me, in a very good way. I started the first episode with pretty low expectations, but almost immediately liked it. The big plot that goes on with that blonde, mean zombieguy whose name I can't remember is actually really well-written, and everybody are doing a good job acting-wise, and the script is both funny and touching, which is kind of weird since it is such a silly concept haha. For me this is so far a big hit, I'm hoping that a lot of people think the same so that it will get at least a couple of seasons.

It's been pretty good so far. Less sappy than I thought it was looking to become.

I think Liv is going to have to become Blaine's brain supplier once she figures out what's up. It's the only thing she can do unless she becomes a Buffy the zombie slayer. She can't have Blaine's brain junkies go full zombie if she shuts down Blaine's brain deli, and it's not fair to kill them all because Blaine made them into zombies.

So did anyone else watch the first episode last night? I thought it was kinda cute. It's not the type of show I'd normally tune in for, but it came on right after Flash and I just stuck around to see how it was. I was pleasantly surprised. It had plenty of flaws to be sure, but I thought the characters were fun (for the most part) and I'll probably stick around and see how the next few episodes turn out before making up my mind totally.

This was my attitude too.

So far I find it very entertaining. I continue tuning in. I think Blaine will turn out to be kind of like Damon from VD or Spike from Buffy. First evil and then they'll soften him a bit. It's CW way ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The interesting question is whether Liv unwittingly drove Blaine to his slaughter campaign, or if Blaine would have had to doing, but at a slightly lower rate if Liv had consented to supply brains. In the end Blaine's plan would require more brains than Liv would be able or willing to supply. Liv would think she is only supply Blaine, not that she is supplying Blaine's paying clients.

Blaine's plan will eventually come unstuck, something has to lead to someone zombieing out in a public way. At least in a way that causes an urban legend to really take hold.

The interesting question is whether Liv unwittingly drove Blaine to his slaughter campaign, or if Blaine would have had to doing, but at a slightly lower rate if Liv had consented to supply brains. In the end Blaine's plan would require more brains than Liv would be able or willing to supply. Liv would think she is only supply Blaine, not that she is supplying Blaine's paying clients.

Blaine's scheme has been going on for months (see all those missing persons). His asking Liv for brains was probably an attempt to get her to both back off from investigating him and acquiring another source for brains to supplement his primary one.

Blaine's scheme has been going on for months (see all those missing persons). His asking Liv for brains was probably an attempt to get her to both back off from investigating him and acquiring another source for brains to supplement his primary one.

The show made it feel like he really only got into his money-making brain monopoly scheme after coming across Liv. The missing street kids over several months before meeting Liv can be readily explained by him just feeding his own need. He was obviously lying about grave robbing, a guy like that would never stoop to that level. Brains probably aren't a daily need, but it's probably not possible to go more than a few days without eating a brain in order to stave of full on zombie mode. So over a several month period after the boat party that's a lot of brains Blaine needs to stay mentally competent. And of course there have been several weeks, I assume, of the brain scam going on before we come across the missing persons pillar.

• 2 weeks later...

This show is doing a really good job with it's serialised elements, even Major has turned into an interesting character instead of being the Duncan to Liv's Veronica. The only weakness is the case/personality of the week. While the last case (and its resolution) were reasonably interesting, the accompanying personality shift didn't amount to much more than a fairly lame running gag, and this week neither case nor personality were compelling (Liv's dialogue was basically just a bit more condescending and jargon-filled than it would have been normally).

Totally enjoying this show because it fills the Veronica Mars sized hole in my heart.

Also, it's good to see another Blaine out there that isn't Andrew McCarthy or Jesse Ventura.

Totally enjoying this show because it fills the Veronica Mars sized hole in my heart.

Agreed. I might let the rest play out then binge it like I did Veronica Mars. Would make for an awesome binge.

Ahhhh good episode last night. I needed a bit more Blaine. We only got glimpses of what he's been up to and it always leaves me with more questions.like since when he's been doing his scheme. How big is his group? Was the brain scheme the only thing going on? How many people are on his payroll besides the chief of police? Does he know how the virus started? Did he star it himself?

Like I said more questions than answers...

Looking forward to see more Ravi and Liv's roommate (not sure of her name) ! Time we got to a point where Ravi's not just the comical sidekick. Like most characters, he get some more depth this episode and that was a really nice move. Great writings for almost all of the secondary characters !

I've really been enjoying this show, so I was glad to see it was renewed for a second season.

Did it? I thought that scene was basically the last thing the victim saw before she died?

Soooo did I miss something again, and she somehow got ahold of some of Jerome's brain to see that vision of his death or was that a random flash? I did watch the episode very late last night, and autopilot caused it to be deleted before I could review it.

Looking forward to see more Ravi and Liv's roommate (not sure of her name) ! Time we got to a point where Ravi's not just the comical sidekick. Like most characters, he get some more depth this episode and that was a really nice move. Great writings for almost all of the secondary characters !

But what happens when you get bit by a zombie rat? Hopefully there is no cross-species effect because I don;t really want Ravi to join team Z.

I've really been enjoying this show, so I was glad to see it was renewed for a second season.

Soooo did I miss something again, and she somehow got ahold of some of Jerome's brain to see that vision of his death or was that a random flash? I did watch the episode very late last night, and autopilot caused it to be deleted before I could review it.

That is very good news.

She had a nibble of lover boy's brain meal, which is obviously some left over Jerome supplied by Blaine. My big question is how long can she stay on the sidelines of this Brain trade. I guess when she saw Blaine in that photo with the runaway kids she might have thought he just supped on one or two, not that he was responsible for the whole thing. But still, that she wasn't looking to immediately confront him over his consuming live subjects is either a zombie blindspot or its inexplicable.

I wonder if the police captain will come out to Liv in the hopes of being able to come out from Blaine's yoke. They would be able to figure out a sting operation. But first they would need Blaine's entire client list and figure out a way to keep up supply otherwise a zombie apocalypse is on. Even though Blaine created the mess as things stand he's actually performing a public service by maintaining a brain supply and preventing dozens of people from going into full on zombie mode.

She had a nibble of lover boy's brain meal, which is obviously some left over Jerome supplied by Blaine. My big question is how long can she stay on the sidelines of this Brain trade. I guess when she saw Blaine in that photo with the runaway kids she might have thought he just supped on one or two, not that he was responsible for the whole thing. But still, that she wasn't looking to immediately confront him over his consuming live subjects is either a zombie blindspot or its inexplicable.

Thanks! It was 1:30 in the morning when I finished the episode last night, and I was clearly out of it.

All the other zombies see flashes too, don't they? Boyfriend hasn't figured out Blaine is killing the people whose brains he's eating?

I thought one of them mentioned it at one point, can't remember which one though. Her boyfriend definitely gets the personality alterations though. You have to think Blaine's clients wouldn't be interested in eating brains that put them into violent death scenarios with every meal, but I guess they would be getting that if they were out there "procuring" the brains themselves.

The visions are triggered by external stimuli. Blaine's clientele probably rarely, if ever, sees anything about the victims'death.

Even Liv, who actively uses the visions to solve murders rarely gets something explicitly about the act itself, and she is actively retracing the victims'steps and talking to people they knew, including the murderers.

Archived