iZombie on the CW

MisterOJ

Come on Sin from Arrow, we all know it's called I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. Also apparently she's going to be in the Scream tv show.

The funny thing is that there is actually a third Last Summer movie.

That was a great episode and I'm really looking forward to the finale.

She also played Bullet on "The Killing", on the Scream show she actually gets a real name. When I saw her on it, thought it was kind of a small role for her, But I think that who/what killed her will be the big/nasty for next season.

I think Anders will be done, one way or another, next week.

Hmmm so cure is not temporary but ...and this is my version...if you cure zombie factor it just leaves death...if there is no zombie factor in dead body it only becomes dead body...Maybe I'm wrong with this theory and there is more to the rat than we've seen.

can't wait for finale. They set everything up,Major is captured, Liv is outed, Peyton is awol....Liv's brother shows up at meat cute...It's going to be great.

Haha I like it. So zombie strain kills off the host but animates them sans life - in the state beyond death, and reverting this effect only returns one to death.

So the challenge is not only to cure a zombie but to visit upon them the breath of life. Hmm I think only Victor Frankenstein managed the latter.

Haha I like it. So zombie strain kills off the host but animates them sans life - in the state beyond death, and reverting this effect only returns one to death.

So the challenge is not only to cure a zombie but to visit upon them the breath of life. Hmm I think only Victor Frankenstein managed the latter.

Well my theory makes sense if we assume that zombi-ism is actually result of dead brains being animated to life again with this new drug-power drink cocktail. But so far we are not sure how one becomes zombie...I mean the entire process. I assumed they either take that cocktail or get bitten and/or scratched and it gives them the virus...if it is virus...and they turn...if they turn without dying maybe there is more chance for a cure but if they first die (heart attack due to the drugs or get killed) and then drug/virus kicks in and revives them than there is no chance they can be cured. So are these 28 days later zombies that just change or are these Walking Dead zombies that die and get reanimated?

I overthink this and I watch way to many zombie tv shows :lol:

That was crazy. Does Major have some kind of military background? I fully expected him to have a bit more trouble taking out zombies, particularly after he barely managed to load the gun when he needed it during the home invasion earlier in the season, but he went all action hero there for a couple of minutes.

I also expected the Max Rager boss' eyes to turn red when he got the newspaper, but apparently the newest zombie will be Liv's brother instead. And on that note: nice fakeout with Major, there was so much going on I'd forgotten Liv explicitly said that they had two doses of the cure.

Couple of nitpicks about a finale that otherwise ended the season well.

Worst fricken proof of life check EVER! WTF! Guy gets out of car wearing a hoody with headlights blinding you for an exchange with a former drug dealer and now zombie butcher shop proprietor and you go, eh, that's his shirt so there's nothing at all dodgy about this set up? Lazy lazy writing there.

She injects Major with the last dose of cure making it extremely difficult for a cure to be manufactured on an industrial scale. again, WTF. Why not tell major there's a cure, but it needs to be upscaled to be able to treat all the zombies that Blaine made. And oops I just put Blaine out of business so in about a week there are going to be brain hungry zombies running around and we have exactly no cure available with which to work. We better hope that Major's blood can be used to synthesise the cure.

Other than that I enjoyed it. Pity about the brother.

Well my theory makes sense if we assume that zombi-ism is actually result of dead brains being animated to life again with this new drug-power drink cocktail. But so far we are not sure how one becomes zombie...I mean the entire process. I assumed they either take that cocktail or get bitten and/or scratched and it gives them the virus...if it is virus...and they turn...if they turn without dying maybe there is more chance for a cure but if they first die (heart attack due to the drugs or get killed) and then drug/virus kicks in and revives them than there is no chance they can be cured. So are these 28 days later zombies that just change or are these Walking Dead zombies that die and get reanimated?

I overthink this and I watch way to many zombie tv shows :lol:

Doesn't have to be a virus, it can be a toxin, which makes more sense being that the cause appears to be a chemical cocktail. This form of zombieism isn't undeath, because dead things can't heal (ref the Walking dead), and 28 days later isn't zombies either. It's been a while but I believe 28 Days later zomboids don't have to be headshot to be killed. And there are people with natural immunity but who enter a carrier state. 28 Days later is like The Last of Us* and is scientifically more plausible than classical zombieism. The agent turns you into a mindless homicidal, with optional cannibalistic tendancies, maniac who feels no pain and therefore cannot be stopped without full incapacitation. But you are still a living creature with ordinary biological processes going on. iZombie is mostly classical zombieism (being scientifically implausible) with a bit of the living zomboid (more scientifically plausible) lore thrown in as a point of difference.

*based on an actual fungus that affects insects. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8

I usually dont mind slow build up and pacing, but that was a finale and they spent way to much time on that Cameron arc that wasnt that interesting !

Otherwise, once things kicked off, it was really worth it ! I just wish Peyton wasnt left in the air till next season, it would have been good to check on her this finale !

Couple of nitpicks about a finale that otherwise ended the season well.

Worst fricken proof of life check EVER! WTF! Guy gets out of car wearing a hoody with headlights blinding you for an exchange with a former drug dealer and now zombie butcher shop proprietor and you go, eh, that's his shirt so there's nothing at all dodgy about this set up? Lazy lazy writing there.

She injects Major with the last dose of cure making it extremely difficult for a cure to be manufactured on an industrial scale. again, WTF. Why not tell major there's a cure, but it needs to be upscaled to be able to treat all the zombies that Blaine made. And oops I just put Blaine out of business so in about a week there are going to be brain hungry zombies running around and we have exactly no cure available with which to work. We better hope that Major's blood can be used to synthesise the cure.

Other than that I enjoyed it. Pity about the brother.

This. That choice with giving Major the last of the cure while you know that there's going to be a zombie-freak out all over town/country/world is so selfish and also so extremely stupid that it makes no sense. Absolutely lazy writing... I mean, why not just tell Major that his disease will just be for a little while cause Ravi got a cure coming up, and that Liv will provide Major with brains from the morgue until the cure is finished. Also, I think it was a real douchebag-move by Major to keep on being that angry even after he had found out that Liv doesn't kill people to get brains and that she actually helps to solve murders. She saved his life, and if he was so incredibly unhappy with being a zombie he could just kill himself, all she did was to give him the chance to choose on his own. I don't think it fit the nice and loving and caring character of Major to react that way.

I was not happy at all with how certain things turned and the way certain characters did uncharacteristic choices. Even so, I can't wait for the next season, this one was great and it will certainly be interesting to see how everything plays out with the secret zombies all over town now that they don't have Blaine providing them with brains. A good beginning of the first episode on the next season I think would be to see a bunch of zombies commiting suicide due to not having what it takes to kill on their own. After all, Blaine has probably turned a lot of them (like he did with that lady that he had sex with) and then been providing them with brains ever since, so they are bound to be put into a completely new and probably very uncomfortable situation.

Thought this was a good finale, only nitpick is Major's action-hero moment, which seemed contrary to his established character. Those must have been some really good youtube videos he watched. Sepinwall has a pretty cool interview with Rob Thomas here . Looks like Peyton was left up in the air on purpose b/c the actress was working on a pilot so they didn't know if she would be available. He also talks about how Blaine is out of business - can't he still kill people and take their brains for his clients without being a zombie himself? He still has his client list.

Yeah, Blaine doesn't need to be a zombie to continue to serve the market. The bigger problem is his lack of crew and product development team. At the moment he is reduced to supplying plain old raw brains, nothing gourmet. Who's going to pay $25K/month for that service?

I assume Blaine is now immune, so he can't just get re-scratched and get back into it. There are advantages to being a zombie in his line of work: headshot only kills; full on zombie mode to get you out of any dangerous situation. And I really loved his expression of enjoyment when he was eating that wrap(?). Just coming to know the joy of normal food again is incentive enough not to go back to being a zombie.

Well about that ep, yea, some lose threads laying about, but a fun, action packed ending.

I think I had the idea about what was going to happen down, and they have set Steven Weber/Brain Markinson (how many shows is he on now?) seems to be the "Bad Guys" for next year.

The thing with the cure is that Ravi said there was 1 maybe 1 and 1/2 doses, and she used 2 doses and doesn't know what will happen?

Clive sending someone for Major seemed like a Dick move, but I guess good Police's work.

Clive sending someone for Major seemed like a Dick move, but I guess good Police's work.

Only if he knows what we know.

The chief of police has been found dead in the same building as a number of other men, including a man Major (who has just got out of an institution) seemed to have a dangerous obsession with. It would be weirder if he didn't do anything.

Anyway a fairly weak finale, but I generally enjoyed the run.

• 2 months later...

Teaser Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-2-7uRvMyM

And little bit of information

"We kind of say what the big storyline of Season Two will be in the finale of Season One," Thomas told ComicBook.com. "There's a moment with Vaughn Du Clark, the head of Max Rager, says to his right-hand scientist, 'You worry about creating Super Max, I'm going to eliminate all of the Seattle zombies.' If zombies were the aggressors in Season One, they're put a little bit more on the defensive side and it will make very strange bedfellows of Liv and Blaine in Season Two. Getting those two in scenes together, which was tough in Season One, will be much easier in Season Two."

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/31/exclusive-izombie-season-two-key-art-revealed/#Image1

• 2 months later...

To me, this was hands down the best episode of the season (so far at least...). It was exciting, funny, and the end was so dramatic! 

I wanted so bad for Liv to find out about that red-haired max rager-b***h, and I really thought it was going to happen... I'm pretty sure her face wasn't in the picture, but in the very last part of the scene Liv looked so surprised I feel a little bit unsure as to whether she scrolled up to her face, but if that was the case I guess it would have made a lot more sense to show it for us, the audience that is.... does anyone follow and what are your thoughts on the matter? 

Wow, they really upped the comedy in this episode, but still retained plenty of Rom, Zom, Dram and procedural. Usually with this show the comic elements make me smirk, but not laugh. This one got some genuine out loud laughs. And not just the ASOIAF stuff. The Po'boy sandwich scene gave me a chuckle. "I'm neither overwhelmed or underwhelmed. So I suppose I'm just... whelmed."

Methinks the show's writers are ASOIAF fans and wanted to get their frustration out there in a way that would amuse other ASOIAF fans and not cross that line.

What DID Ravi say to Clive in Dothraki?

Archived