iZombie on the CW

MisterOJ

I like how this show manages to be both fun and depressing.

I'm going to assume that the temporary cure will turn out to be a one-time only deal, otherwise getting a shot every 6 months or so isn't really that terrible if it gets rid of the need to crack open other people's heads and feast on the goo inside.

Also, what's the timeline for Major and Blaine to re-zombifie (or is it zombify?)? It wasn't too long between ratty being "cured" and Blaine and major getting their shots. I imagine it'll be in the season finale. iZombie has too short of a season to have a mid season finale right? I hate this mid-season finale thing. Who invented such nonsense and why does it last for so phreakin' long?

With a surname like Lilywhite it was kinda inevitable for Major to permanently join Team Zee. 

Also, what's the timeline for Major and Blaine to re-zombifie (or is it zombify?)? It wasn't too long between ratty being "cured" and Blaine and major getting their shots. I imagine it'll be in the season finale. iZombie has too short of a season to have a mid season finale right? I hate this mid-season finale thing. Who invented such nonsense and why does it last for so phreakin' long?

With a surname like Lilywhite it was kinda inevitable for Major to permanently join Team Zee. 

There's been really long breaks around the holiday's for as long as I can remember.  The event "mid-season" finale has only been named that for the past decade or so, but they've always had big episodes around November and early December because that's "sweeps" when they determine the cost for advertising for the next year. 

And in case you didn't know, we get 19 episodes this season instead of just 13.

I'd really prefer it if, instead of using the winter finale for a cliffhanger, serialised US shows would just turn the two separate halfs of the season into two distinct story arcs.

ETA: Apparently the show's ratings aren't great, though at least they've been pretty much stable from last season.

19 Episodes YAAAY! In a lot of ways this is my favourite "super hero" TV show. partly because it doesn't have the weight of DC/Marvel history and the whole being part of a bigger universe thing going on. It's it's own thing living in it's own reality and it is very comfortable where it lives and competent at doing what it wants to do.

I'd really prefer it if, instead of using the winter finale for a cliffhanger, serialised US shows would just turn the two separate halfs of the season into two distinct story arcs.

ETA: Apparently the show's ratings aren't great, though at least they've been pretty much stable from last season.

It's like the Veronica Mars of sci-fi/fantasy. Not because the main character is a female sleuth, but because it's a very under-appreciated TV show that seems to be flying under the radar of most people because there are bigger and flashier things on the one hand and more cerebral stuff on the other.

It's like the Veronica Mars of sci-fi/fantasy. Not because the main character is a female sleuth, but because it's a very under-appreciated TV show that seems to be flying under the radar of most people because there are bigger and flashier things on the one hand and more cerebral stuff on the other.

I'll grant you that there are flashier shows, especially considering iZombie's lead-in, but I'd challenge you to point to a series showing more brains, week in week out.

• 1 month later...

What the hell was Peyton thinking?  Do women find Blaine attractive?  Because he looks kind of greasy to me, and that's before you factor in that he's a "reformed" (how stupid is she for believing that) degenerate.  At least they didn't really try to make us feel sorry for her bad choices.  Liv was really working the cleavage there, and Clive trying not to stare was hilarious. 

I feel that they let Major off way too easily.  Hopefully Ravi will connect the dots.

Another great episode. Liv did unfulfilled horn dog very well. I can understand Peyton jumping on Blaine given the whole way that having a sex drought became front of mind for both Liv and Peyton because of the cliché horny librarian brains.

I don't think Major has gotten away with things yet. His extracurricular activities will get exposed. The question is whether that will lead to Clive having to be brought up to speed on the whole zombie thing. Or whether Ravi and Liv will cover for Major. Unfortunately Major did kill a couple of people before he got the deep freeze idea.

This show just manages to be consistently good.

I think Major is still going to get into massive trouble for what he's doing, getting rid of the dog ultimately didn't help him but it might make Ravi suspicious.

Peyton's hookup with Blaine went from "bad idea" to "absolutely horrible" rather quickly. I'm glad that they didn't drag that subplot out over multiple episodes.

I don't think Major is free by any means, it was just a very convenient coincidence that he found out about the GPS right as they're going to get the dog.  I suppose it's not a sophisticated enough GPS to save the data as to where the dog has been living for the past few weeks.

I keep seeing season 1 on my Netflix recommendations, so I'm now rewatching it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

What was the explanation for Major's zomdar not going off around Liv?  Because Blaine's did last week, and it has been bothering me ever since.

Did Major say his zomdar doesn't work around Liv? Mostly there isn't a reason to focus on the zomdar arm hair unless it's relevant.  Last week (and once before), Liv entered the room behind Blaine.  Zomdar was simply the warning system that Peyton's guest was a zombie, who turned out to be Liv.  I don't think Major has had a comparable scene where he didn't realize Liv was there.  They also don't show Blaine's zomdar going off every time he's around his thug buddies.  I assume Major's is going off around Liv as it should have happened when he was there while Drake was in her room.  It was close enough proximity.

But, this is all based on my not recalling a mention about Major's zomdar not working on Liv.  

Archived