iZombie on the CW

MisterOJ

Yeah, they're really bringing their A game to wrap this up. Despite none of the main characters dying over the course of the show they're managing to actually have me worried as well, plot armour doesnt necessarily work at the end.

11 hours ago, karaddin said:

Despite none of the main characters dying over the course of the show they're managing to actually have me worried as well

I think I'm most worried about Major and Clive not making it, especially after last night's episode.  But I could also see all of the good guys coming out of it alive.

Yeah, I'm not sure any of the main characters are safe. Blaine has it in for Ravi, who may try to sacrifice himself for Payton. Major and Clive could easily end up dead, though leaning mainly towards Major. And some of the dialogue from this episode made me think Liv isn't that safe either.

Thinking about it a bit more, and I kind of wonder if the opening credits have been telling us Liv's fate at the beginning every episode since the very first.  I know that not all of the seasons have been preplanned, but they could have always intended on ending their final season with Liv's true death (and I don't recall them ever having an 11th hour renewal).  I'm already dead, yeah, I am aahaahalready dead.

That kiss with Major really makes me think one of them is going to sacrifice themselves for the other.  Which sucks because neither of them works well with anybody else.

On 7/26/2019 at 5:18 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

Was that my favorite episode of iZombie ever?  Quite possibly.  So much good stuff, capped off by Clive's dancing.

YEp. One of the prime examples of how they are so good at blending the drama of the overarching plot with the hilarity of the different brains.

Clive is so god damn hilarious this week with Gladys. Loved the Ocean’s 11 stuff

I think a series like this should always leave things open for a spin-off / sequel. Two things I like to see: Blaine's funeral home idea was brilliant in terms of providing a covert brain supply to zombies, it just needed to not be run as a business by a greedy criminal. So the final scene should be at a funeral home and the final line should be "Remember: tan and dye."

The Z's or Z allies need to start up a tan and dye manufacturing business because you can't have Z's buying up loads of tan and dye through normal retail outlets. I think if you have underground brain supplies and underground tan and dye supplies then a small community of Z's could survive indefinitely. 

And we're done. Putting stuff in spoilers just in case:

Spoiler

This episode could have had the alternate title of "How Liv is made to believe her loved ones die one-by-one" or "How to make the audience think that major characters are dead".

I'm glad we got a happy ending, and given how things had been setup, as discussed above, they certainly kept the tension high. Blaine's and Don E's fates were poetic. Liv and Major, happily ever after. Nice. I don't know why they kept the crazy deadender lady alive, to be some sort of hidden menace there. I was not a fan of the cop out move at the end, with them pulling a time jump, and giving us a story of what happened, rather than actually continuing with the plot as it was. But the rest was pretty good.

7 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

I haven't finished watching it but...

Hide contents

"She's looking up The Good Place!  She thinks I'm Kristen Bell!"  :rofl:

She's going to be disappointed

Great final show, up until the

Spoiler

"10 years later" (spoken in the SpongeBob french dude's voice).

Also, what the hell with the whole blowing up of Michelle down in the morgue with Liv? Leaving her kid an orphan and they don't even mention her in the flash forward. That was cruel.

You know a interesting thing with the plenteousness of the zombie cure, every EMT should have a zombie paramedic on board, and if someone is about to die and nothing can be done, just scratch them, they become a zombie and then when they are healed, they can take the cure, if they want, and be all fine. If you were having any kind of organ failure and need a transplant: scratch and wait for a donor to become available, take the cure then immediately go in for surgery. The show hinted at the end a question whether if you were suffering from a life-ending illness when you are scratched if you take the cure does the disease come back too? But it never answered the question. But we know with Peyton that you can suffer a fatal injury and as long as you're scratched before you die, you can take the cure once you're healed and you'll be good as new. Probably works with life threatening infections too.

I thought that was a reasonably good finale. Most of the loose ends were dealt with (all I could think at Blaine's fate was "finally"), we got some dramatic action, all the main cast got to do something big and I think the timejump gave us a better conclusion than having it end in the present.

My biggest gripe would be that the sequence on the plane went on for too long, though it's excused for a The Good Place shoutout.

@The Anti-Targ

Spoiler

Clive and Dale adopted Michelle's son. They mentioned that some relatives of hers were trying to get custody. Still seemed the most random character appearance/death in the episode.

Archived