iZombie on the CW

MisterOJ

38 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Fascinating. :P

ffs, the forum was giving me fits this morning

As to what I was trying to say - the scene with Blaine and the henchman

Spoiler

Not sure if more didn't happen there: Blaine gets shot, the henchman says his dad wanted him to suffer before he died, prepares to shoot him again, but right before it cuts to stupid commercials, it looks like the henchman had stopped; after commercials the scene doesn't resume. My suspicion is that Blaine, indeed, has the cure and he laced the brains he prepared with the cure, either for vengeance, or in an effort to do good and quietly reduce the zombie population. The henchman was stuffing his face probably with some brain food, and just then the cure kicked in. 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yep. We saw him do that a couple of episodes ago.

I liked the weekly brain this week. Sockpuppets and note-passing, heh. Ravi's comment on Liv's boyfriend history was funny :lol: 

My takeaway from Blaine and his father's henchman is that Blaine actually did steal the cure (hence, 'I have a lot of money.' Don E kept mentioning how profitable it would be).

The dominatrix case being in the background all season has been interesting and I guess it's going to pay off towards the finale. Presumably something is on the memory card beyond S&M sessions and someone wants to stop it getting out.

Hopefully we get more Vivian next week

I agree that this week's brain was great. "What else are you good at? Detective Babineaux is really good at asking questions." The guy being such a womanizer also explains why Liv was okay going out with Justin, otherwise that seemed way too soon.

I'm really interested in who has the cute.  In my mind the frontrunner is Blaine, but I don't think the comment about having a lot of money is a clue. He should have a ton of money because he's been in the brain business longer than anybody else.  I kind of think it might be his dad that has it, DonE probably let something slip around the henchman with gout passed it along Angus.  

3 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I agree that this week's brain was great. "What else are you good at? Detective Babineaux is really good at asking questions." The guy being such a womanizer also explains why Liv was okay going out with Justin, otherwise that seemed way too soon.

I'm really interested in who has the cute.  In my mind the frontrunner is Blaine, but I don't think the comment about having a lot of money is a clue. He should have a ton of money because he's been in the brain business longer than anybody else.  I kind of think it might be his dad that has it, DonE probably let something slip around the henchman with gout passed it along Angus.  

Hmm, good point on the womaniser brain, I hadn't thought about that. Makes sense. Not that I would have a problem with Liv moving on of course, I'd just expect some kind of reaction to moving on from Major after they seemed on the verge of getting back together (pre-cure, obviously). 

My favourite bit was her bringing the sock puppet up from the table in the interview room and Clive pushing it down. Something about it tickled me.

Yeah Blaine Sr. is my second guess too. I thought the henchman was going to say something about it actually, rather than shoot Blaine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I still love this show, but I think it's trying to juggle too many storylines, at the expense of not devoting enough time to any of them. I could do without more of Blaine's Daddy issues for example, and (spoilers for this week)

Spoiler

The return of Mr, Big at the end of this episode was not encouraging for me, would have been happy if he never came back.

But still enjoying the show a lot. The Dungeons and Dragons game made me laugh and I like what they are exploring with Major's character being so intensely lonely. 

This whole dominatrix thing is really interesting me, want to find out where it all goes.

I really liked that episode, and don't think they're trying to fit too much in.  I think that everything is working towards the finale, it will all link together.  I trust Rob Thomas enough to stick the landing at the end of the season.

I loved how into the D&D session Clive got, and wanted to get a regular game going.  Even suggesting that Liv keep some of that brain around to DM it :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

Damnit! Why can't Ravi catch a break, romantically speaking. I know he's self destructed past relationships. But I wanted this to not be a betrayal. Maybe there's still a small candle with a tiny red glow in Peyton's heart for Ravi.

I think serial killer groupie girl is gonna be out for revenge.

Zombie truther turned zombie. What will he do?

This was such an amazing episode that I'm watching it again.  Liv, Blaine, and DonE together was great.

Blaine and DonE: Ayyyy 
DonE:  Pop a squat girlfriend. This is a surprise.  I thought you might have... I don't know, ethics, or some such nonsense. 
Liv: My ethics are outweighed by my need to find where Harley's hiding. His brother's brain might have some answers.
Blaine: This is nice, should we make this a weekly thing?

DonE:  Wow, did we just have a three way??

:lmao:

Really loved this episode. Didn't realise that it was the finale next week though. Poor Liv, her love interests just have no luck do they?

Her reaction to 'brain banging' Ravi was hilarious. 

I kind of rescind my comments from earlier about trying to do too much. I think, coming to the finale, it looks like the season will pull together nicely. Probably the only thing I could have done without is more of Blaine's daddy issues at the beginning. 

Also, having now tried weekly watching and binge-watching, I find this show lends itself better to the latter. Which isn't a problem, just my personal preference. I prefer this show in large doses rather than 40 minutes per week. I feel that way about the other CW show I watch though so it's all good.

Wow, what an explosive episode!

If Mr. Fillmore Graves did the deed with the CDC lady, I'd surprised Liv didn't have a flashback while they were at it.

Her infidelity brings up the question of personal responsibility while under the influence.

It's kinda depressing that no one can catch a romantic break in this show.

As a STD, is zombieism transmissible in both directions?

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Poor Liv, her love interests just have no luck do they?

And Major.  I knew exactly what was going to happen as soon as they showed Johns in the house.  Poor Nathalie and Major.  So uncool.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Also, having now tried weekly watching and binge-watching, I find this show lends itself better to the latter. Which isn't a problem, just my personal preference. I prefer this show in large doses rather than 40 minutes per week.

I getting to the point that I feel that way about pretty much every show.  Not that that stops me from watching a metric ton of shows week-to-week.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

If Mr. Fillmore Graves did the deed with the CDC lady, I'd surprised Liv didn't have a flashback while they were at it.

Had he slept with her she would have 100% become a zombie.

I don't know how they can possibly wrap up everything next week.  Hopefully it's a limited commercial episode!

11 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Wow, what an explosive episode!

Her infidelity brings up the question of personal responsibility while under the influence.

It's kinda depressing that no one can catch a romantic break in this show.

As a STD, is zombieism transmissible in both directions?

I think that's been a recurrent theme throughout the season

9 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

And Major.  I knew exactly what was going to happen as soon as they showed Johns in the house.  Poor Nathalie and Major.  So uncool.

I getting to the point that I feel that way about pretty much every show.  Not that that stops me from watching a metric ton of shows week-to-week.

Had he slept with her she would have 100% become a zombie.

I don't know how they can possibly wrap up everything next week.  Hopefully it's a limited commercial episode!

I knew as soon as Major and Nathalie started planning their happy escape something would go wrong. Not that I quite expected the explosion.

They certainly have a lot to pack into the finale

Lots of stuff going on this season. They really ramped up the tension leading into the finale. Good thing that there's another season coming, else I'd be worried they might not be able to wrap things up properly.

On 2017-6-22 at 11:48 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I think that's been a recurrent theme throughout the season

But not so much to the extent that this particular circumstance could demand a direct and difficult conversation, at least not that I can recall. If if course Liv or Graves mentions it to Justin. 

In a zombie society one could probably put in place regulations to prohibit single origin brain consumption and that multi-brain cocktails must be consumed, with a possible exception of criminal investigations, in which case the investigator would need to be under tight supervision. But then you'd establish a black market in pure brains I guess.

Well that got real, really fast! I think Executive Assistant lady was right about the perils of Z-island. But is Plan B any safer?

16 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:
  Hide contents

Ravi's vaccine could work but he didn't give it any time take effect.  Waiting 24 hours would have been prudent before getting Liv to scratch him.

Yeah, but like all movies that are about a pandemic disease timelines get truncated to an absolutely ridiculous degree. My guess is it works.

Archived