iZombie on the CW

MisterOJ

5 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

I can’t wait :D 

As usual I don’t have too much to say about this week’s episode (I never feel the need to really discuss this show in depth or anything). Couple of stray points; it’s sad watching what is becoming of Major this season. Especially looking back on season one :( 

The overall plot continues to impress me this season. High stakes, increasing desperation, not pulling its punches. Renegade/Mamma Leone dying was surprisingly sad for her relatively brief appearance

Ya, I agree.  I was thinking how different he is these days, but it does read like repression of his natural self rather than a writing mistake.

And the plots this season are really great.  I guess the end of this episode was their portrayal of Liv being radicalized.

8 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Ya, I agree.  I was thinking how different he is these days, but it does read like repression of his natural self rather than a writing mistake.

And the plots this season are really great.  I guess the end of this episode was their portrayal of Liv being radicalized.

Yeah to be clear I didn’t mean I think it’s bad writing, I actually find it believable I just find it sad to see such a well loved character so changed for the worse

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yeah to be clear I didn’t mean I think it’s bad writing, I actually find it believable I just find it sad to see such a well loved character so changed for the worse

Yes, I didn't think you were saying that.  It's actually a well written show.  I shouldn't be surprised by Rob Thomas on that.  I'd love to see the Crazy XG writers take a crack at an episode though.

• 2 weeks later...

I always forget Rose McIver is not actually American. It was fun seeing her do the NZ accent.

Great appearance by Rachel Bloom, who essentially played herself :lol: 

Strong episode again, especially the ending and the moral dilemma Liv faces in picking who she can save. Best season so far imo

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Great appearance by Rachel Bloom, who essentially played herself :lol: 

It was really insubstantial though.

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Strong episode again, especially the ending and the moral dilemma Liv faces in picking who she can save. Best season so far imo

This season has been excellent.  Ravi was pretty funny this past episode, when Peyton and Don E came in the room at the same time and he was so excited to see Don E :lmao: 

It's great how this show has evolved year to year.

Yeah this show is really great. And I would totally watch zombie-Rent.

I also have to take this moments give them props for deciding to bring back Bryce Hodgson as his own twin-brother. I think I like Don-E more and more with each episode. Plus he really rocks that chrome-dome.

It's a shame that Robert Knepper is apparently a creep, beacuse I'm really starting to like the Angus storyline.

Oh Major, your character change and actions make perfect sense given the arc you have been on the last four seasons but damn if it isn't still sad to see you act like this :(

Also, from what I gather on how CW shows are written a lot of this season is probably reactive to stuff currently/recently occurring in the U.S. Surprised how on the nose a lot of it is though (not a complaint just an observation)

• 3 weeks later...

Renewed for another season!

Still my favourite season overall though the last two episodes were a bit weaker. Major's story kind of just feels like background noise to me. I'm far more interested in everything else going on

On 5/16/2018 at 8:48 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Renewed for another season!

Still my favourite season overall though the last two episodes were a bit weaker. Major's story kind of just feels like background noise to me. I'm far more interested in everything else going on

It seems next season will be the last though.

53 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Which I'm totally good with. 5 seasons is enough and they know it's the last so they can do it right.

This.  It's sad when great shows fade drastically at the end of their run.  I much prefer when they can plan for it and go out with a bang.

I have just watched the 2 seasons which are available to me at Netflix, and they were surprisingly good, despite Liv taking on the new personality traits every episode schtick growing a bit old. I also don't think that the actress is good enough to consistently manage to convey the transformations believably. But I am intrigued overall and hope to see the rest of it.

They should really come up with some Watsonian explanation as to why Liv seems to be much more strongly affected by the brains previous identities than the other zombies, though, it is more than a little jarring when there are so many of them around and in the limelight.

• 8 months later...
14 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Disappointed the board mind did not inform me of this, but final season begins 02/05/19. Think I need a rewatch to refresh last season and the earlier seasons are good fun anyway so it's hardly a chore ;)

It's good I remembered you live in the UK, because I panicked for a sec, thinking it was last week. :P ('Murika!!!)

Anyway, I had no idea, either, I don't know if there's even a trailer yet.

Archived