iZombie on the CW

MisterOJ

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

Farms, human farms. In 2017 humans are no longer born. We're grown.

Or zombie wise it's just the inner circle who are Zombies for now. They could run a sort of Caste system, only some are chosen to be zombies.

On the memory stuff, are we buying Blaine losing it totally? I was on board pretty solidly, but his rampage made me start to doubt. They're at least starting to return to him.

I saw it more like the Bourne identify thing. Doesn't have any memory of his past life, but has retained all the badass skillez.

Annnnnd that's how you do a finale for a zombie show that makes viewers eager to return rather than wanting to go full on zombie mode.  TWD should take notes.  Lots of dead characters we'd come to adore and excellent cliffhanger.  

I'm still on the side that thinks Blaine never lost his memories.  He's too quick about stuff, like knowing where the guns are stashed.  I had actually assumed he deliberately set up Mr. Boss' peeps going to Peyton's place.  He tells them to text him, they do, he won't respond, then shows up quickly after Mr. Boss' guys get Peyton.  It's perfect for Peyton because it will (hopefully) put the DA's office back on Mr. Boss, which she only lost because Blaine 'lost' memories.  Perfect for Blaine, because he gets to do the rescue thing and maybe put himself back in the running for dating Peyton.  Not to mention that Blaine's alleged memory loss allows him to keep up with the lucrative brain business (once his doofus lieutenants were out of the way, thanks Mr. Boss) because no one is going to be handing out the cure if they think the side effects are so terrible.  It's just all too convenient for me to think the memory loss is real.  

The memory loss also allows him to reset his relationship with Ravi. Blaine needs to stay close to him if he wants access to the cure. It's likely he intends to sabotage it but he is also smart enough to realize how valuable it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally caught up with the shows I missed during my vacation. I'm glad I saved this for last instead of one of the crappy ones. That was an intense finale.

That said, two seasons done and we're on page 8? Just goes to show how horribly underappreciated this show is.

How convenient that the party theme meant that the major zombie breakout was easily contained, but it's easy to believe that Vaughn would think this was a great idea. And in the end he got what he had coming. Sad that Drake and Gilda were also amongst the victims, I thought those two had potential for the future.

I'm glad that Clive is finally clued in, even though he couldn't find a better way to prevent Major from turning full zombie (particularly considering Major isn't exactly unjustly accused). Would it be so unreasonable to alert the proper authorities about a massive danger to public safety? I guess they'd have to rejigger the entire premise of the show in that case. Maybe it'll happen at the end of the PMC storyline.

I hope next season will see Blaine reverting to type, either because he was faking all along or because his memories are coming back, and then we'll be rid of him. Few things annoy me as much as a villain overstaying his welcome.

Oh and finally: they killed Rob Thomas! And had a zombie playing "Unwell" afterwards.:rofl:

5 hours ago, Jon AS said:

That said, two seasons done and we're on page 8? Just goes to show how horribly underappreciated this show is.

I agree.

I really like the show, truly, but strangely it's a show I never feel the need to discuss after viewing. 

Wow, how am I only watching this show now ! Guys this is awesome ! And I mean straight up one of the best TV shows right now ! I mean that as no faint praise. For days I was looking for some series, any series out there to watch, and iZombie never even crossed my mind. I'm catching up with it right now but damn, I have to admit this is one hell of a watch. 

6 hours ago, Arkash said:

I really like the show, truly, but strangely it's a show I never feel the need to discuss after viewing. 

That's the case for me as well. It's a show that does what it does really, really well, with very little to criticize. I'm not a big fan of the procedural aspect, but it's baked into the premise and the different brains tend to make them more interesting than the basic plots would otherwise allow. So unlike, say, the stupidity of the writing in the Arrowverse shows, it's not really something that's worth complaining about. That leaves me with a viewing experience that's simply very enjoyable. I don't even feel the need to speculate much on what's going to happen next. The writers have delivered even with aspects I was dubious about with only minor missteps (Major's little drug problem early in the season, for example).

Well, IMO this qualifies as the best Zombie show on TV now. TWD has gone off the boil for me in the last couple of seasons. I suppose if I was to compare S1 and 2 of TWD with S1 and 2 of iZombie I'd have to give it to TWD, but thinking about what show I'm looking forward to the next season most it's iZombie. Z Nation was OK, but too many annoying characters and too many filler episodes, and some really dumb plot holes, and miraculous unexplained escapes. Fear the Walking Dead took too long to get going in Season 1, and Season 2 is also off to a very slow start, and with annoying characters who do stupid things.

On 4/25/2016 at 0:56 AM, The Anti-Targ said:

Well, IMO this qualifies as the best Zombie show on TV now. TWD has gone off the boil for me in the last couple of seasons. I suppose if I was to compare S1 and 2 of TWD with S1 and 2 of iZombie I'd have to give it to TWD, but thinking about what show I'm looking forward to the next season most it's iZombie. Z Nation was OK, but too many annoying characters and too many filler episodes, and some really dumb plot holes, and miraculous unexplained escapes. Fear the Walking Dead took too long to get going in Season 1, and Season 2 is also off to a very slow start, and with annoying characters who do stupid things.

I agree, iZombie is by far the best zombie-show on TV right now imo. I have always hated TWD, and gave up on FTWD, so the only two z-shows for me right now is iZombie and Z Nation. Z Nation is like eating a fast food-meal, it's fucking terrible but I still sort of love it haha, that series is so hilarious at times and the weirdest possible things just keep on happening. Although, season 1 of Z Nation was MUCH better than season 2. I gotta add before I stop going off topic, that the best zombie-show ever made is the British mini series Dead Set. I LOVE that one, and still rewatch it every now and then. 

On 27/04/2016 at 7:07 PM, Seasick Shrimp said:

I agree, iZombie is by far the best zombie-show on TV right now imo. I have always hated TWD, and gave up on FTWD, so the only two z-shows for me right now is iZombie and Z Nation. Z Nation is like eating a fast food-meal, it's fucking terrible but I still sort of love it haha, that series is so hilarious at times and the weirdest possible things just keep on happening. Although, season 1 of Z Nation was MUCH better than season 2. I gotta add before I stop going off topic, that the best zombie-show ever made is the British mini series Dead Set. I LOVE that one, and still rewatch it every now and then. 

Will have to give Dead Set a try.

• 11 months later...

A few weeks ago I decided to watch the pilot on Netflix out of boredom. This Saturday I finished season 2. It is quite a fun show, and I really like how the show keeps taking its characters in different directions. And Liv on various brains is often hilarious, and Ravi is just the best.

I, too, right now prefer it over TWD, though I am a bit worried on what they'll do in season 3, mainly because of how many arcs were closed in season 2, and pretty much every important character now knows about Liv. I would also say it's the best of the CW shows I watch (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl). But once it again, it hinges some on the upcoming season, which starts tomorrow, so bump. :)

Starts tomorrow! I've been waiting to get confirmation of when S3 begins, I've heaqrd naught in this part of the world. I wonder if unlike for S1 and 2 that we will be getting it delayed. Will be kinda miffed if so.

S3 is shaping up to be a bit of a zombie civil war. Only it seems like one side has lots of trained soldiers and guns and the other side has Liv.

Ravi better get moving on making a cure, and Liv better get good at shooting tranq guns.

Not sure when we get it in the UK either. CW shows are pretty good for quick arrivals on Netflix. Not sure when season 2 first aired, but I was watching it April last year. Similar with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, began watching shortly after season 2 finished and it was already on Netflix. I don't think the episodes were released weekly but not sure.

i love this show so much. The cast has so much fun with it and some of the brains are hilarious. I'll enjoyin haveing Clive in teamZ now. And I think Aly Michalka (Payton) was bumped to main cast too. Can't wait!

edit: nevermind, I made the effort to check and we get the episodes every Wednesday :D http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2017/03/netflix-sets-uk-premiere-date-izombie-season-3/

We don't get iZombie on Netflix here, one of our free-to-air TV broadcasters has all the rights to CW shows (at least new seasons of CW shows). In the case of iZombie they stream it on their free streaming service. 

I loved the first episode so much. It set up this season really well. I find it very plausible that Liv and Clive would work with Vivian. And I thought it a nice touch making Vivian so close to all her employees and those children. Setting up Liv and Vivian to work together makes things less unbalanced - I can't imagine how Liv and the others could handle Vivian if they worked against her.

Ravi's jealousy over Blaine is petty but it feels right for the character. Will be curious to see how that triangle develops

They've certainly managed to make Vivian sympathetic, which is impressive considering how the character was introduced, but no way is she not the main villain this season. Especially considering that even Mr. Boss is (temporarily) out of the picture. But unlike Vaughn du Clark, there might be reasons to root for her.

ep 2:

Spoiler

Is the significance of Clive getting the letter 22 months ago from Wally's mom breaking things off with him (which matches to the time period when Vivian & her company got turned into zombies) just to indicate Wally, mom and her brother Caleb got turned then too, and that's why she didn't want to see him again, or was there something more I didn't get?  I guess Caleb works for the company?

11 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

ep 2:

Hide contents

Is the significance of Clive getting the letter 22 months ago from Wally's mom breaking things off with him (which matches to the time period when Vivian & her company got turned into zombies) just to indicate Wally, mom and her brother Caleb got turned then too, and that's why she didn't want to see him again, or was there something more I didn't get?  I guess Caleb works for the company?

Yes, that was it

Spoiler

It was mentioned that Anna was waiting for her brother to come from overseas, which made me think he was one of the mercenaries infected, and he in turn infected her and Wally. I think Clive blames himself for their deaths, because if he had still been there, they would have ended up staying with him, which in turn would not have resulted in them becoming zombies, and thus not have been murdered victims of a hate crime.

Archived