Wow, I never noticed that... v. 11

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Not even once Tyrion tells Aegon or Jon "thanks" for saving his life. He does not even thinks about it...

To be fair it was a brawl, during which Tyrion arguably saved Aegon's life. Aegon thanked Tyrion, didn't he? Jon probably woulda been prickish about it, no? But you're right some expression of gratitude to Jon woulda been in order. A Lannister always pays his debts.

I'm sure this is obvious to everyone...but I never gave it much thought.

AGoT, Chapter 68 - Daenerys IX

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east,” said Mirri Maz Duur. “When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.

Quentyn Martell - Sun's son, born in the West, died in the east.

Daenerys notes the Dothraki Sea is going dry.

Pyramids are damaged by Rhaegal & Viserion...the ashes from the rubble blow in the wind.

Daenerys finally has her moon blood while in the Dothraki Sea.

Bear a living child...either TBD or the return of Drogon is her child.

True or not...I just noticed it.

Thick as a castle wall....

Interesting color choices, Ser Cold Fingers.

Anybody really think Jon is dead?

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.

The three branches of the Trident give the riverlands their name: the Red Fork, colored by the mud and silt that tumbles down from the western mountains; the Green Fork, whose mossy waters emerge from the swamps of the Neck; and the Blue Fork, named for the purity of its sparkling, spring-fed flow.

The Riverlands, TWOIAF

There was a House Fisher on the Stony Shore and another in the Riverlands.

To be fair it was a brawl, during which Tyrion arguably saved Aegon's life. Aegon thanked Tyrion, didn't he? Jon probably woulda been prickish about it, no? But you're right some expression of gratitude to Jon woulda been in order. A Lannister always pays his debts.

The scene after they saved him, he trolls Aegon and tells him never trust Jon. How grateful.

And then, he was in in full "damsel in distress" mode in the next chapters, wishing for Griff to rescue and save him. Tyrion was a mess in Dance... :lol:

I'm sure this is obvious to everyone...but I never gave it much thought.

AGoT, Chapter 68 - Daenerys IX

Quentyn Martell - Sun's son, born in the West, died in the east.

Daenerys notes the Dothraki Sea is going dry.

Pyramids are damaged by Rhaegal & Viserion...the ashes from the rubble blow in the wind.

Daenerys finally has her moon blood while in the Dothraki Sea.

Bear a living child...either TBD or the return of Drogon is her child.

True or not...I just noticed it.

Thick as a castle wall....

I've read this before. I'm just not convinced about the mountain one. A volcanic eruption or something like that is what I think will happen to fulfill that part. Or maybe even The Mountain himself being finally killed off for good either by combat or by being thrown off a cliff or something.

I've read this before. I'm just not convinced about the mountain one. A volcanic eruption or something like that is what I think will happen to fulfill that part. Or maybe even The Mountain himself being finally killed off for good either by combat or by being thrown off a cliff or something.

Yeah...I admit the mountain part is a stretch...but it is the only thing that could fit with the text we have...or at least what I could find.

Griff is mentioned to be wearing a "red wolf cloak" in every single one of Tyrion's POVs. Each quote below is Griff's first appearance in each Tyrion's POVs.

But there was no mistaking Griff. "That will be enough shouting," he said. A sudden silence fell over the river.

This one will be trouble, Tyrion knew at once.

Griff's cloak was made from the hide and head of a red wolf of the Rhoyne.

Tyrion III, p. 119 ADwD HB

Tyrion pulled on his boots and descended to the afterdeck, where Griff sat wrapped in a wolfskin cloak beside an iron brazier.

Tyrion IV, p.179 ADwD HB

Griff paced the afterdeck, mail clinking softly beneath his wolfskin cloak.

Tyrion V, p. 234 ADwD HB

By the time Griff appeared on the afterdeck, the pike was spitting and sizzling over the brazier whilst Ysilla hovered over it with a lemon, squeezing. The sellsword wore his mail and wolfskin cloak, soft leather gloves, dark woolen breeches.

Tyrion VI, p. 283 ADwD HB

Well, I subscribe to the theory that the Shavepate was behind the poisoned locusts, and this could be a hint of this. When he meets Barristan before going to Hizdahr's room, he's accompanied by some Brazen Beasts wearing locust masks, and he says:

“I have more locusts if you need them,” said Skahaz.

Also, the "And one!" lady is likely Zahrina, the owner of the place inside Meereen where Quentyn meets the Tattered Prince. And if she'd won the bidding war, maybe Tyrion could've found a way to sneak into Dany's court...

“Many riders are hurt,” Khal Drogo said stubbornly. “Let them be healed first. This arrow is no more than the bite of a fly, this little cut only a new scar to boast of to my son.”

Turns out that bites of flies can be quite painfull.

The flies circled Khal Drogo slowly, their wings buzzing, a low thrum at the edge of hearing that filled Dany with dread.

[…]

Dany watched the flies.

They were as large as bees, gross, purplish, glistening. The Dothraki called them bloodflies. They lived in marshes and stagnant pools, sucked blood from man and horse alike, and laid their eggs in the dead and dying.

Hi all, first time post for me.

Reading some of the previous threads relating to this has made me feel slightly better knowing I'm not the only one that missed out on so many obvious things!

In relation the the "Kettlebacks" out there, I also missed out on the added "L" until my rereads, I then chuckled to myself when I realised that Cersei had used Ser Osney to falsely confess the the High Sparrow that he had sex with Margaery and her commiting adultery, when in actual fact Cersei had been doing in for years. Giving you "the pot(Cersei) calling the kettle(Margaery)black"

Another thing I noticed and I don't think has been mentioned, was something Dany said after in AGoT shortly after hitting Viserys with a bronze medallion belt...

"She was lying there, holding the egg, when she felt the child move within her...as if he were reaching out, brother to brother, blood to blood. "You are the dragon," Dany whispered to him, "The true dragon. I know it, I know it." And she smiled, and went to sleep dreaming of home."

And we all know how Rhaego ended up when he was "born". Upon my reread I couldn't believe I missed this! Also the dragon egg in question was Rhaegal's "The true dragon" could that be a bit of foreshadowing as to who may eventually become the most fearsome dragon, or Rhaegal = Rhaegar = Jon??

A few others I missed and felt stupid when they were pointed out;

R+L=J (although I'm still not quite 100% convinced)

Frey Pies

Oberyn poisoning Tywin

Did pick up on Mance as Abel on the first read tho! :cool4:

Apologies if any of the above have been mentioned!

Maybe the mountain part refers to the wall and the "blowing" is the horn of joramun.

Here in the chill damp darkness of the tomb his third eye had finally opened. He could reach Summer whenever he wanted, and once he had even touched Ghost and talked to Jon.

He was recalling this...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/113297-some-questions-about-jon-and-brans-hookup-on-the-weirnet/

Many riders are hurt, Khal Drogo said stubbornly. Let them be healed first. This arrow is no more than the bite of a fly, this little cut only a new scar to boast of to my son.

Turns out that bites of flies can be quite painfull.

The flies circled Khal Drogo slowly, their wings buzzing, a low thrum at the edge of hearing that filled Dany with dread.

[]

Dany watched the flies.

They were as large as bees, gross, purplish, glistening. The Dothraki called them bloodflies. They lived in marshes and stagnant pools, sucked blood from man and horse alike, and laid their eggs in the dead and dying.

Nice.

ACOK, Catelyn:

"The steel was polished to such a high sheen that she could see her reflection in the breastplate, gazing back at her as if from the bottom of a deep green pond. The face of a drowned woman, Catelyn thought. Can you drown in grief?

Now that I know what's coming in ASOS, that gave me chills.

ACOK, Catelyn:

"The steel was polished to such a high sheen that she could see her reflection in the breastplate, gazing back at her as if from the bottom of a deep green pond. The face of a drowned woman, Catelyn thought. Can you drown in grief?

Now that I know what's coming in ASOS, that gave me chills.

You should peruse the Moments of Foreshadowing threads. There's a lot of cool stuff like that.

Archived