Wow, I never noticed that... v. 11

Rhaenys_Targaryen

I would say it's more than just "possible", it's a certainty that they were related. It's just a matter of how closely. If one of Dyanna's siblings were ancestor to Arthur and Ashara, they'd probably be about fourth cousins or third cousins once removed or something in that ballpark

True! Had a blond moment for a moment.

The fair Valyrian-like features are apparently a trait shared with the Daynes, even though Daynes are descendants of the First Men. But I'm sure some Targaryen blood might help, if so.

I'm itching to learn what happens to the other Targs, like Rhae and Daella as well as Maegor and Vaella (Aegon V's niece and nephew). Their fate was left out of AWoIaF. Perhaps intentionally? If so, I wonder if their descendants will come into play in the main series in some way.

I think so.

I was mostly referring to the fact that Gerold Dayne's looks have impressed Arianne quite a bit, that she thinks their children might be as beautiful as dragonlords.

This particular mention has given rise to plenty of theories concerning Gerold Dayne's 'true identity', or parentage. While I know that the Daynes have fair hair (or at least Edric does) and purple eyes, I don't think Arianne's thoughts on the matter are a complete hazard... more likely, it's a clue.

I don't believe that Darkstar is anything else but what he claims to be, a knight of House Dayne... but House Dayne is intriguing in and for itself. It's mentioned quite a lot in the books, though only two of its members have made an appearance. There's also the theory that Gerold was a squire at the ToJ -- and that's intriguing, too. With Arthur and Ashara at court, it almost looks like Rhaegar was cultivating the ties of friendship between the houses...or the blood ties.

We don't know how closely related the Daynes of Starfall are to the Daynes of High Hermitage, but at this point we can't exclude that both the cadet branch and the main branch of House Dayne are related to the Targaryens.

Before Summerhall, the relationship between House Dayne and House Targaryen would have been quite close, imo, Aegon being half-Dayne himself. By the time the tourney of Harrenhal takes place, that relationship lies only 23 years in the past.

The scene where the Shy Maid goes under the Bridge of Dreams, then goes under it again, mysteriously, a few minutes later.

What is that all about?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96720-trying-to-explain-the-weird-rewind-at-the-bridge-of-dream/

Stannis considers eating corpses during the Siege of Storm's End (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gawen_Wylde), yet he burns the men that turn to cannibalism during his northern campaign.

You'd think he'd be just a little bit understanding.

You say Stannis considered it. The text only says he was proposed the option:

"Maester Cressen told Stannis that we might be forced to eat our dead, and there was no gain in flinging away good meat."

ACoK 33 Catelyn IV

Archived