Wow, I never noticed that... v. 11

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Wait what Timmet son of Timmet Arryn Targaryen? Do You have a Link for that?

The bit about him being the true heir to the Vale: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/99159-Timett-son-of-Timett%3A-Lost-Heir-to-the-Vale%3F

I favor the idea that the Burned Men's dragon witch was Nettles, but also suggested the idea that Timett might be a seed here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/124067-Nettles-as-the-Burned-Men%27s-fire-witch

Not sure if LM started a thread about his similar theory, but with Alys instead of Nettles?

The bit about him being the true heir to the Vale: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/99159-Timett-son-of-Timett%3A-Lost-Heir-to-the-Vale%3F

I favor the idea that the Burned Men's dragon witch was Nettles, but also suggested the idea that Timett might be a seed here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/124067-Nettles-as-the-Burned-Men%27s-fire-witch

Not sure if LM started a thread about his similar theory, but with Alys instead of Nettles?

No need. All the cool kids follow this thread.

aDwD spoiler

I just noticed that in Davos chapter in aDwD some folks talks about Targaryen children and aren't sure if all of them were killed, they even suspect that Aegon wasn't.

I think we are past Dance spoilers! Good stuff though!

It is worth the quote I think, to get into the context. Davos is drinking with the wisest of fellows:

His fellow drinkers were talking about dragons now. "You're bloody mad," said an oarsman off Storm Dancer. "The Beggar King's been dead for years. Some Dothraki horselord cut his head off."

"So they tell us," said the old fellow. "Might be they're lying, though. He died half a world away, if he died at all. Who's to say? If a king wanted me dead, might be I'd oblige him and pretend to be a corpse. None of us has ever seen his body."

"I never saw Joffrey's corpse, nor Robert's," growled the Eel's proprietor. "Maybe they're all alive as well. Maybe Baelor the Blessed's just been having him a little nap all these years."

The old fellow made a face. "Prince Viserys weren't the only dragon,were he? Are we sure they killed Prince Rhaegar's son? A babe, he was."

"Wasn't there some princess too?" asked a whore. She was the same one who'd said the meat was grey.

"Two," said the old fellow. "One was Rhaegar's daughter, t'other was his sister."

"Daena," said the riverman. "That was the sister. Daena of Dragonstone. Or was it Daera?"

ADwD 15 Davos II

It is worth the quote I think, to get into the context. Davos is drinking with the wisest of fellows:

ADwD 15 Davos II

Isn't that from the chapter after it was confirmed that the Ned sired Jon on a fishwife from the Sisters?

"Are we sure they killed Prince Rhaegar's son? A babe, he was." - that's the one :) In bigger context it seems less strong, but it show us that common people don't know this as a fact, without a doubt etc.

Can be usefull after Aegon landing :)

@up - yes, it's after he leaves Sweetsister and arrive to White Harbor, before he went to Lord Manderly.

Daeron bore the same name as the Young Dragon, but when his Dornish wife gave him a son he named the child Baelor, after the feeblest king who ever sat the Iron Throne.

One of the reasons Ser Eustace Osgrey liked Daemon more than Daeron.. Despite the fact that Daemon named one of his children Aenys... Would we call Aenys such a good king? The World of Ice and Fire doesn't seem to suggest so, where strength is concerned.

Daeron bore the same name as the Young Dragon, but when his Dornish wife gave him a son he named the child Baelor, after the feeblest king who ever sat the Iron Throne.

One of the reasons Ser Eustace Osgrey liked Daemon more than Daeron.. Despite the fact that Daemon named one of his children Aenys... Would we call Aenys such a good king? The World of Ice and Fire doesn't seem to suggest so, where strength is concerned.

I think Daemon just ran out of good names for his children. (Haegon? Fucking Haegon?)

He might have been thinking of Daemon Targaryen. A more or less bad as when it came to skill and suave, but selfish. Maybe?

He might have been thinking of Daemon Targaryen. A more or less bad as when it came to skill and suave, but selfish. Maybe?

I don't understand what you mean? Eustace was speaking of Daemon Blackfyre..

I think Daemon just ran out of good names for his children. (Haegon? Fucking Haegon?)

We have had Targaryens named Vaegon and Maegon, Haegon seems to fit that pattern.

I don't understand what you mean? Eustace was speaking of Daemon Blackfyre..

Speaking of names, I meant. One of the reasons (amongst others) that lords opposed Rhaenyra's reign during the Dance of Dragons was their opposition to Daemon Targaryen. I brought up his name as you mention names (i.e. Aenys) being somewhat important. ("Daemon named one of his children Aenys... Would we call Aenys such a good king?")

Also, one of the reasons that the Great Council bypassed Aerion's son Maegor was due to his name, fearing he would be as cruel as his namesake.

Varys stole a couple of pages out of Lann the Clever's book.

When the dragonlords foresaw that Lannister gold would destroy them, was that prophecy later filled by the Kingslayer? Or is a Lannister going to whack Daenerys and Jon?

Re-reading one of Jon's chapters in aDwD the other day:

Stannis raised a hand for silence. “Explain your meaning.”

Where to begin? Jon moved to the map. Candles had been placed at its corners to keep the hide

from rolling up. A finger of warm wax was puddling out across the Bay of Seals, slow as a glacier.

Is this foreshadowing a frozen bridge that will allow the Others to circumvent the Wall?

Man, there is a lot of stuff in these threads. Good stuff.

I really liked this one. Kind of creepy. Going to have to check out the foreshadowing thread.

Thanks from me as well!

Archived