Wow, I never noticed that... v. 11

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Well, I subscribe to the theory that the Shavepate was behind the poisoned locusts, and this could be a hint of this. When he meets Barristan before going to Hizdahr's room, he's accompanied by some Brazen Beasts wearing locust masks, and he says:

I have more locusts if you need them, said Skahaz.

Also, the "And one!" lady is likely Zahrina, the owner of the place inside Meereen where Quentyn meets the Tattered Prince. And if she'd won the bidding war, maybe Tyrion could've found a way to sneak into Dany's court...

You have me sold on the Shavepate theory. I can't believe I've never read that anywhere.

I'm sure this is obvious to everyone...but I never gave it much thought.

AGoT, Chapter 68 - Daenerys IX

Quentyn Martell - Sun's son, born in the West, died in the east.

Daenerys notes the Dothraki Sea is going dry.

Pyramids are damaged by Rhaegal & Viserion...the ashes from the rubble blow in the wind.

Daenerys finally has her moon blood while in the Dothraki Sea.

Bear a living child...either TBD or the return of Drogon is her child.

True or not...I just noticed it.

Thick as a castle wall....

Daaaaamn! That's a good one! You are a better riddler than Bilbo Baggins!

I feel embarrassed that I only noticed today in Dunk's trial by seven when Prince Baelor volunteers to fight the three members of the kings guard, who are not allowed to strike him in return they have this conversation.

“My prince, is that chivalrous?” asked Ser Lyonel Baratheon as the septon was finishing his invocation.
“The gods will let us know,” said Baelor Breakspear.

And then Prince Baelor dies during the fight... the gods have spoken.

I feel embarrassed that I only noticed today in Dunk's trial by seven when Prince Baelor volunteers to fight the three members of the kings guard, who are not allowed to strike him in return they have this conversation.

And then Prince Baelor dies during the fight... the gods have spoken.

But the cause he fought for survived.

Just noticed a similarity of two name between two septas (the only two septas named in the books?):

Septa Lemore and Septa Mordane. A hint that Lemore is Ashara and/or a Dayne? I'm about 90% certain that Lemore isn't Ashara, as Tyrion fails to mention any noticable eyes. But then again, GRRM might be leaving her eye color intentionally out, i.e. Tyrion notices her eye color but his notice of them is not written in his POVs so as not to give anything away.

(Side note: did anyone else notice that Lemore greatly resembles l'amore?)

Just noticed a similarity of two name between two septas (the only two septas named in the books?):

Septa Lemore and Septa Mordane. A hint that Lemore is Ashara and/or a Dayne? I'm about 90% certain that Lemore isn't Ashara, as Tyrion fails to mention any noticable eyes. But then again, GRRM might be leaving her eye color intentionally out, i.e. Tyrion notices her eye color but his notice of them is not written in his POVs so as not to give anything away.

There are a handful of named septas in the novels.

In Dance, in the two chapters of Tyrion before he gets lost:

1. He mentions that Viserys was sacrificed. I think this is one of those things he will tell to Dany once they meet.

2. Garin, the Shrouded Lord, caused (says the legend) the doom of the Valyrians. Jon, infected now, believes himself to have caused Rhaegar's fall.

3. IT has been mentioned here (in a theory) that the stone men arrived as soon as they heard Aegon was a Targaryen. Legend also says that some Valyrians are still beneath the water. Aegon might not being the real Aegon, but he probably does have Valyrian blood. Or... the stonemen aren't deaf.

4. "Stone eyes are blind eyes, thought Tyrion". Jon is blind about Aegon.

5. "Most stone men are feeble creatures, clumsy, lumbering, witless. Near the end they all go mad, but that is when they are most dangerous", said Jon. While he's not exactly mad, now he knows he's going to die, he is likely to put any precaution aside, or at least make a lot of questionable decisions.

There are quite a few Septas named in the books..

4. "Stone eyes are blind eyes, thought Tyrion". Jon is blind about Aegon.

But Jon wasn't 'stone' until the bridge...? So then he wasn't blind before?

3. IT has been mentioned here (in a theory) that the stone men arrived as soon as they heard Aegon was a Targaryen. Legend also says that some Valyrians are still beneath the water. Aegon might not being the real Aegon, but he probably does have Valyrian blood. Or... the stonemen aren't deaf.

Holy moly, you're right! The last stoneman even reached specifically for Aegon. Not deaf indeed.

Really? [emoji19]

Well, I subscribe to the theory that the Shavepate was behind the poisoned locusts, and this could be a hint of this. When he meets Barristan before going to Hizdahr's room, he's accompanied by some Brazen Beasts wearing locust masks, and he says:

“I have more locusts if you need them,” said Skahaz.

Also, the "And one!" lady is likely Zahrina, the owner of the place inside Meereen where Quentyn meets the Tattered Prince. And if she'd won the bidding war, maybe Tyrion could've found a way to sneak into Dany's court...

:laugh:

The points regarding the MMD prophecy coming to pass is interesting, though can we argue Oberyn defeating the Mountain and him being turned into SRS is blowing in the leaves, or does Ser Robert Strong have to get killed and then have him dissipate for that element to be catered for?

"Alternatively, perhaps the spirits of old Valyria under the water heard Tyrion but sensed Young Griffs true identity as a Blackfyre, caused the weird rewind, and sent the Shrouded Lord to capture him."

I doubt the Valyrians under the river are updated with Westeros history. They heard Rhaegar's name being mentioned. Probably recognised the name as one of them. Also, who says they wanted to harm the boy? The crew assumed that.

I've read this before. I'm just not convinced about the mountain one. A volcanic eruption or something like that is what I think will happen to fulfill that part. Or maybe even The Mountain himself being finally killed off for good either by combat or by being thrown off a cliff or something.

Hmm... Vaes Dothrak is by the mountains. Maybe when they head back there is when the Mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

I never noticed before that Ned had thought to himself that he would rather raise a child in a pit of vipers than with Lord Tywin Lannister. Maybe the child that Cersei accused him of "stealing" was taken to Dorne, or, "the pit of vipers."

If that happened, it could explain how Ashara Dayne actually disappeared and why she would hide a child. I do think she and Ned had a bond because Brandon and Ashara had a child together. Ashara decided to help him with his dilemma when he showed up at Starfall with her brother Arthur's sword, Dawn and his sister's child. It is possible that Dark Star is the child that she bore Brandon and Ned and Ashara both needed to hide a child. Isn't he the right age?

Yes, I do realize I've landed in crackpot territory again.

I never noticed before that Ned had thought to himself that he would rather raise a child in a pit of vipers than with Lord Tywin Lannister. Maybe the child that Cersei accused him of "stealing" was taken to Dorne, or, "the pit of vipers."

If that happened, it could explain how Ashara Dayne actually disappeared and why she would hide a child. I do think she and Ned had a bond because Brandon and Ashara had a child together. Ashara decided to help him with his dilemma when he showed up at Starfall with her brother Arthur's sword, Dawn and his sister's child. It is possible that Dark Star is the child that she bore Brandon and Ned and Ashara both needed to hide a child. Isn't he the right age?

Yes, I do realize I've landed in crackpot territory again.

Darkstar is too old for that.

And not bastard born...

"Alternatively, perhaps the spirits of old Valyria under the water heard Tyrion but sensed Young Griffs true identity as a Blackfyre, caused the weird rewind, and sent the Shrouded Lord to capture him."

I doubt the Valyrians under the river are updated with Westeros history. They heard Rhaegar's name being mentioned. Probably recognised the name as one of them. Also, who says they wanted to harm the boy? The crew assumed that.

Tha dude didn't seem to be coming over to give Aegon a warm hug hello.

Archived