Not a Blog: New Dunk & Egg titles

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Pooh, interesting.

Ser Creighton, I thought that The Village Hero could possibly take place in Pennytree. It's tied to Arlan, and a dispute resolution there might answer why it's belongs to the Crown.

The Mystery Knight did sort of refer to Dunk...though more to Daemon II...it works as referring to both. But I guess "The Sellsword" could be about a BF rebellion at some point.

ETA: one of these must deal with Maekar's death, surely?

Pennytree seems like a good choice, given it sits between Braken and Raventree lands in the disputed territory. But I thought the Crown took it around 200 AC, it's already like 212 or so in the books.

You know there is so much history goin on during the Period the Dunk and Egg stories take place it'ss hard to say they could be part of all of it. 4 Balckfyre rebellions just to start things off. Though with Pennytree I don't know if we get yet another dispute between 2 houses. I think Dunk needs to go to Tarth at some point. Starpyke rebellion, Stormsend rebellion, I know the past the second Vulture King already.

I know one thing that is a lock, Egg gets a clout behind the ear.

What knight would grant Dunk a knighthood, after Dunk went around for years lying about being a knight? That seems like a contradiction to me.

Would Egg do it in private after Egg himself was knighted?

IMHO, it would cheapen Dunk's character if he accepted knighthood later, after lying about having been knighted.

I'm 100% certain Dunk will refuse to knight Egg on the premise that he himself was never knighted. I do think he will eventually accept knighthood though, probably because an esteemed knight essentially tells him to STFU and take it like a man.

dat climax tho. all about the big ending. admit it!

Well I don't know what a climax is like for you, but if you or anyone refers to as tragic, you might be doing the whole sex thing wrong.

Lets see watch Dunk and Egg grow up together, get to watch most of their lives and then have your heart ripped out. That will be fun, just like sex but with crying and misery, and an old fat man holding your heart in his hand squeezing it and laughing at you. It like tantric sex but with pain.

Do you really think GRRM is going to pump out 9 more of these?

I think GRRM writes whatever he feels like writing about, be it the main series, general history, Dunk and Egg etc. He probably has quite a good amount of material about Dunk and Egg already written, just not completed. He strikes me as the kind of author who gets bored writing about one character so switches to another, then gets bored and decides to tell us about the history of X and Y, then gets bored and goes back to writing about some other character.

Pennytree seems like a good choice, given it sits between Braken and Raventree lands in the disputed territory. But I thought the Crown took it around 200 AC, it's already like 212 or so in the books.

You know there is so much history goin on during the Period the Dunk and Egg stories take place it'ss hard to say they could be part of all of it. 4 Balckfyre rebellions just to start things off. Though with Pennytree I don't know if we get yet another dispute between 2 houses. I think Dunk needs to go to Tarth at some point. Starpyke rebellion, Stormsend rebellion, I know the past the second Vulture King already.

I know one thing that is a lock, Egg gets a clout behind the ear.

I suspect we also meet a certain Betha too. Possibly even in TVH

I like D&E but not sure if it is realistic to assume that George will have the time and motivation to still write so many of them. I wish he abandoned the idea of publishing them in a chronological order, because even though I am sure that they'll end up being fun and entertaining, we're not likely to get to the best bits (just give us the damn Summerhall already !!! :-))

One of the Blackfyre rebellions might attack Tarth by the sea. Good opportunity for Dunk to get in some fighting.

The 4th one, that's right. I forgot Massey's Hook was so close to Tarth. Maybe defeats Daemon, takes a ship, they get hit by a nasty a storm and washes ashore on Tarth. Didn't he mention something about not wanting to fight pirates again? They're all over the narrow sea and a bad storm tears up Stannis' fleet. Just thinking out loud here. :)

Do you really think GRRM is going to pump out 9 more of these?

He easily could, they're only like sixty pages each. He did the worldbook writing really quickly. The man can make fast progress when he's not stumped or worrying about the logistics of multiple POVs.

I like D&E but not sure if it is realistic to assume that George will have the time and motivation to still write so many of them. I wish he abandoned the idea of publishing them in a chronological order, because even though I am sure that they'll end up being fun and entertaining, we're not likely to get to the best bits (just give us the damn Summerhall already !!! :-))

Apparently he's considered the possibility of not releasing them chronologically, which I find somewhat baffling (unless as someone suggested there's something in She-Wolves he doesn't want us to know until later in the main series.) Can you imagine the reaction of it was announced tomorrow that A Dream of Spring would come out this fall and Winds sometime next year?

Also there might be something about Summerhall he feels he can't reveal yet because of the main series.

Does Dunk join the KG before Egg is crowned King? I assume one of the tales will have Egg becoming King...

We don't know. I'm pretty sure every reference to him being in the Kingsguard from the worldbook is after Aegon V was crowned.

He easily could, they're only like sixty pages each. He did the worldbook writing really quickly. The man can make fast progress when he's not stumped or worrying about the logistics of multiple POVs.

Apparently he's considered the possibility of not releasing them chronologically, which I find somewhat baffling (unless as someone suggested there's something in She-Wolves he doesn't want us to know until later in the main series.) Can you imagine the reaction of it was announced tomorrow that A Dream of Spring would come out this fall and Winds sometime next year?

Also there might be something about Summerhall he feels he can't reveal yet because of the main series.

That's what I'm thinking.

Or, She-Wolves is still giving trouble, leading him to consider not releasing them in order.

Archived